CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

From the above translation:

For example, the retirement is started in October 2018, the applicant must show pension payment evidence from November 2018 and pension payment evidence of the whole 12 months is required for the next year

This once again seems to relate to a point I made last night in the other thread. Using the above example moved to August 2019, you would then need "payment evidence" from September 2019. If you are an American receiving social security, you did not receive a September pension payment. It came on August 31, instead, because of the Labor Day holiday. How will you explain this to the banks and immigration? Will they care?

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

If you are from USA or Aus, it HAS replaced the SD as you call it. The UK never did SDs.

What?? Of course it has. There are 60 pages on that point and many threads. My statement is that IF I was using income method I would not be happy with the changes. YES the ones now in place. Geezus.

1 minute ago, zydeco said:

From the above translation:

This once again seems to relate to a point I made last night in the other thread. Using the above example moved to August 2019, you would then need "payment evidence" from September 2019. If you are an American receiving social security, you did not receive a September pension payment. It came on August 31, instead, because of the Labor Day holiday. How will you explain this to the banks and immigration? Will they care?

Yeah, I think you're on your own in a situation like this. You just have to ensure that you have a least one month payment evidence in your Thai bank before you make that application for extension. Actually, it sounds quite rational, but we will see if it's evenly applied in all offices or not.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is still shown in the other police order 327/2557.

"(5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht 800,0000 as of the filing date."

Not mentioned the police order that has been amended since you still have to prove the income for it.

Meaning that I can have 400k in the bank and show just 32.5k a month into a bank please?

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What?? Of course it has. There are 60 pages on that point and many threads. My statement is that IF I was using income method I would not be happy with the changes. YES the ones now in place. Geezus.

Read your last sentence in your previous post again.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Here is an official English translation

Official as in coming from the Thai government and legally binding?

If the translation is accurate and immigration is strict in applying the rules (for sure they will unless you use an agent):

Only "pension" is officially accepted. What is the Thai government's definition of pension? They might ask you to prove that the money is indeed "pension" and not some other income, and it probably means you need to have it directly deposited in your Thai bank account.

It has to be deposited monthly, so if for example, you got one payment on 1st and another on 31st in the same month and in another month no payment because of weekend / bank holidays or whatever, then you do not qualify for this method anymore.

Edited by jackdd

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The have already started it if you don't have a income letter or cannot get one.

Read the example given. If it is the first time you have used the money going into they will on want to see one month but they might expect you to have it done since day one of this order since you have applied for an extension before.

But the problem is that it was not a requirement to have an international bank transfer before this order came into effect.

You only needed to show income being deposited to your account each month and never stated it must be an international transfer.

I have always just deposited the money in case they asked for backup proof and copies of my bank statements etc.

I can show deposits every month, but I will just start to make the international transfer this month.

I hope this will be ok. I have had 10 marriage extensions already.

4 minutes ago, madmen said:

So the crackdown BY TI on affidavit scammers did nothing. It's clear the merry go round of 65 k out 65k back in is the new scam and impossible to trace 

Is that as in 65k back to outside Thailand? Remitting in that direction needs extra arrangements with a bank, one of the multitude of reasons I never transfer any more $ here than I immediately need.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ocddave said:

It would be nice if they handed you an official check list of items needed (along with "Official" form numbers and revision versions) when going in to see them (or on ONE website), then none of this nonsense of custom forms and different ways of handling things at each IO would be tolerated anymore. When the checklist is done, then you're done, then no more back and forth. The Thai Embassy in DC seemed to have this well done, so my initial process went easy, but when you get here its a cluster to deal with these people.

There used to be a checklist at the old Region 1 Immigration site. But I don't see it at the new overall immigration site. I wonder if the old Region 1 site info is still valid?

Is that as in 65k back to outside Thailand? Remitting in that direction needs extra arrangements with a bank, one of the multitude of reasons I never transfer any more $ here than I immediately need.
There are 3 rd party companies like dee money. Or even western union to a family member to redirect. Probably a lot cheaper than agents that the corrupt TI would prefer

2 minutes ago, xylophone said:

No read it again.............evidence of income such as pension, dividends or interest.

And not necessarily in that order!!!!!!

I missed that they write two different things in the two columns

In the column "document" they write what you said, and in the column "procedure" they write just pension.

Makes me wonder if the translation is accurate

• Like 1

Anyone fancy clarifying the requirements for those "retired less than one year". It doesn't make much sense to me. If you retire in Oct 18, and apply Oct 18 then they will take the Nov 18 Income, but thats in the future?[mention=66997]ubonjoe[/mention] tapatalk_1546857984357.jpeg.d4610dc881c5bc8683334d923ce3088d.jpeg&key=40ec77c198e4b8211999dd05950de268352097cd78e641a70eb32fcaa761c2df

so no one understands this?
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Official as in coming from the Thai government and legally binding?

If the translation is accurate and immigration is strict in applying the rules (for sure they will unless you use an agent):

Only "pension" is officially accepted. What is the Thai government's definition of pension? They might ask you to prove that the money is indeed "pension" and not some other income, and it probably means you need to have it directly deposited in your Thai bank account.

It has to be deposited monthly, so if for example, you got one payment on 1st and another on 31st in the same month and in another month no payment because of weekend / bank holidays or whatever, then you do not qualify for this method anymore.

So you can get Retirement Extension at 50 here. But cannot get (UK) state pension until 67. I think the word 'pension' is being used to cover income from any foreign source as long as it is 65k into a Thai Bank, whether YOU put it in or anyone else transfers it in. Surely it would be easier for Immigration man, and the applicant, to see just ONE transfer into an account , once a month, than pension or investment companies at different dates. I don't know which Imm Office you go to  but I am sure that most of them will let it go if one payment is on 1st, then next on 30th or 31st. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
Anyone fancy clarifying the requirements for those "retired less than one year". It doesn't make much sense to me. If you retire in Oct 18, and apply Oct 18 then they will take the Nov 18 Income, but thats in the future?[mention=66997]ubonjoe[/mention] tapatalk_1546857984357.jpeg.d4610dc881c5bc8683334d923ce3088d.jpeg&key=40ec77c198e4b8211999dd05950de268352097cd78e641a70eb32fcaa761c2df

so no one understands this?

Not really - if you retired in Oct 18 how can you have 12 months transfers for Oct 19? The new rules were only announced this month?

6 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

No they are not going to ask. They don't think like you. It is said repeatedly that any income is acceptable as long as it goes into your Thai bank. When I got an O-A, it said proof of retirement, I just wrote I retired. They want to see money in a Thai bank coming from oversees not its source.

Sounds a lot like the US Income affidavit, which stated "I also affirm that I receive USD $______ every month from the United States Government and/or other sources." Which left the window wide open as to what "other sources" you could use.

Edited by ocddave

1 hour ago, MikeOKitches said:

I plan on going to Thai Immigration at Chaeng Watthana here in Bangkok before my Retirement Visa expires on 31 March 2019. Hopefully, they'll accept my Income Affidavit I got. This is Thailand, so I don't know what to expect.

So start worrying about it as if it will cure your anxiety. Don't worry about something you're not in control. You can keep sending 65K/month and go in March and see what happens. With the embassy letter, they may also reject if you come up blank in your bank book. 

Edited by onera1961

Not really - if you retired in Oct 18 how can you have 12 months transfers for Oct 19? The new rules were only announced this month?

what's the definition of "retired"? when you apply for the visa or extension? someone applying say Apr for the first time what do they have to prove?

The initial application cases based on "income method will be interesting". Most probably they will push them to agents or give three months extensions in increment to stay and prove that you are bringing money into Thailand.

Edited by onera1961