BANGKOK 24 March 2019 00:05
webfact

CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

"Immigration have been discussing with the banks the form and details should be included in their Income letters."

I hope you're right re. this!

It was reported in one of Thai Visa topics.

I am a State of California retiree and my pay can only be direct deposited into an American Bank account.  If I opt out then they would have to send me a paper check to Thailand through USPS and Thai Post.  I guess everything will be fine and I can just go to my Thai Bank and deposit my check every month? .  I am also with USAA and the transfer fee is $45.  I hesitate to use a external party to make international transfers because my account(s) have been hacked while I was outside of the US and it was in a word a “Hassle” to straighten things out.  

3 hours ago, mogandave said:

The translation of the new order says statement, not the new order. I have no idea what is actually required.

In any event, as you have to get a letter from the bank anyway, you should be able to get whatever statements are needed at the same time.

I would bet the bank letter and updated passbook is all that will be required, but I’m not going to get caught up worrying about it either way.

I tend to agree with you. Stamped bank letter, updated passbook and a bank stamped 12 month bank balance statement print out to back up the passbook. Nothing else should be needed as proof is there already. 

I am a State of California retiree and my pay can only be direct deposited into an American Bank account.  If I opt out then they would have to send me a paper check to Thailand through USPS and Thai Post.  I guess everything will be fine and I can just go to my Thai Bank and deposit my check every month? .  I am also with USAA and the transfer fee is $45.  I hesitate to use a external party to make international transfers because my account(s) have been hacked while I was outside of the US and it was in a word a “Hassle” to straighten things out.  

Been a while since I cashed one, but as I remember, international check cashing fees are pretty high ($35?) and take about 30 days to clear.

It will take forever to clear.

You really are better off with depositing in US then transfer.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The translation of the new order says statement, not the new order. I have no idea what is actually required.

In any event, as you have to get a letter from the bank anyway, you should be able to get whatever statements are needed at the same time.

I would bet the bank letter and updated passbook is all that will be required, but I’m not going to get caught up worrying about it either way.

Indeed. "Statement" could simply mean so.ething stated by the bank, as in a letter. In fact that was what I assumed it meant.

I really cannot envision IOs wading through the different formats and codes of bank statements. Even if you have one I suspect many will want it spelled out in simple thai by the bank.

1 hour ago, farangx said:

Whether you are paid bimonthly, quarterly or half yearly, you are required to transfer them monthly from overseas.  That is you split these bulk payments into parts and you transfer 1 part or parts(?) from overseas monthly. 

The issue is some expats live month to month, relying on their pensions. Some have no Savings.

The UK state pension at todays exchange rate varies between 22,500 - 26,500 baht, paid every 4 weeks (not monthly)

To meet the min financial requirement (40K) if a family member, they rely on private or company pensions to make up the difference. Some of these are only paid quarterly.

If you don't have Savings to cover the monthly difference between 25K pension and the 40K monthly requirement, then you have little choice than to transfer what you can for 2 months, then the remainder in the 3rd month.

I agree with Pib, that the common sense and logical means to test an individuals monthly income would be for the bank letter to state the overseas deposits for the given period, then Immigration divide it by 12.

For 2019, the period could vary from 6 - 12 months, so Immigration would divide from Jan 19, up to the date of renewing your extension.

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Indeed. "Statement" could simply mean so.ething stated by the bank, as in a letter. In fact that was what I assumed it meant.

I really cannot envision IOs wading through the different formats and codes of bank statements. Even if you have one I suspect many will want it spelled out in simple English by the bank.

And I thought it meant a list of transactions as seen in a frequently updated passbook. If one gets the bank to print one off, or does it at home, hopefully it isn't 50 pages long, and they would be pleased if I highlighted 12 deposits from overseas in different months with a nice marker pen. 

18 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

You are not up to date with what USAA and many, many other banks in the USA and many other countries can do with no service charge in making transfers! Check with your banker!!

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Immigration have been discussing with the banks the form and details should be included in their Income letters.

Confusing terminology: the banks are NOT going to issue ‘income letters’.

Hello all, sorry if this has already been covered in the 76 pages to date (i've read around 25 of them and cannot find the answer).

My situation. I've had an extension of stay based on marriage for the past 3 years, always using 400k in the bank each year to renew. I had planned to use the income method this year prior to the changes. I've put 400k in the bank as a fall back but that will leave me in the final few days prior to the renewal date and i'd prefer not to leave it to the last minute if possible.

I am employed in Singapore (Employment pass holder) where i receive a monthly salary and pay tax. I've transferred regularly, perhaps not each month but way over the 40k per month average for the past 12 months.

Where would i stand, can I use bank statements showing the international transfer and payslips confirming my salary from my Singapore job?

The reason for my doubt is that the translated police order seems to indicate that for extensions via marriage require pay stubs and tax records - to me indicating they only consider people employed and paying tax in Thailand. Appreciate any experiences in similar situation as mine.

Thanks, Tony

22 minutes ago, SwissTony77 said:

Hello all, sorry if this has already been covered in the 76 pages to date (i've read around 25 of them and cannot find the answer).

My situation. I've had an extension of stay based on marriage for the past 3 years, always using 400k in the bank each year to renew. I had planned to use the income method this year prior to the changes.

This 400K or 800K method is unchanged.

23 minutes ago, SwissTony77 said:

I am employed in Singapore (Employment pass holder) where i receive a monthly salary and pay tax. I've transferred regularly, perhaps not each month but way over the 40k per month average for the past 12 months.

Yours is a very simple case. You should be good to go.  But the 400K is much easier and problem free.

On 1/7/2019 at 4:32 PM, khwaibah said:

For confirmation and assistance contact your local agent.🤔

I'll never use an agent. Why pay somebody 15 or 30k Baht for something you can do yourself with a little reading and foot work. DIY all the way every time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

The issue is some expats live month to month, relying on their pensions. Some have no Savings.

The UK state pension at todays exchange rate varies between 22,500 - 26,500 baht, paid every 4 weeks (not monthly)

To meet the min financial requirement (40K) if a family member, they rely on private or company pensions to make up the difference. Some of these are only paid quarterly.

If you don't have Savings to cover the monthly difference between 25K pension and the 40K monthly requirement, then you have little choice than to transfer what you can for 2 months, then the remainder in the 3rd month.

Immigration is not interested in exchange rates.  The amounts are spelt out in baht.  They are also not interested in your savings overseas.

You could be paid weekly or fortnightly but why would that be of interest to TI when all that is ask is you transfer income from overseas every month. How you manage those numbers is of no concern to anybody. 

• Like 2