BANGKOK 20 March 2019 10:45
webfact

CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

... and which bank that particular TW transfer happens to go though - which can change from one to the next, even from the same origin and destination accounts.
Yes, banks transaction coding will vary for each bank unlike swift coding which is industry standard

2 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Am I the only one who finds these instructions difficult to understand?
It would seem that income from pensions have to be transferred monthly whereas income from interest dividends etc. need “income certification certified by the embassy or consular.”
Incidentally this should read “an official from an embassy or consulate” or consular should be the noun consulate. Was it translated by an English speaker do you think?

The preamble states that embassies are not prepared to issue letters so how does this new order help?

Also if (6) refers to that order which only applied in the year it was penned then what is the point of mentioning it?
My interest is in Thai and I am reasonably certain that a better translation could be made. However Thai is so ambiguous that there is little point, which is why not all Immigration officials agree with one another in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

What is difficult about 65k a month into your Thai Bank from abroad. Immigration DO NOT CARE if it is pension, interest, dividend or your sister's earnings on the street, all they want is to see it in the bank. If not 65k, then say 40k x 12 = 480k, so 320k in the bank extra. Easy.

And I doubt whether the IO really cares where it goes after your Thai Bank, Singha, Chang, Soi 6, or in a circle!

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, roger101 said:

I have just emailed Transferwise to ask them what the code would show from a transfer from the UK. It will be interesting to see their reply.

There a reply from them in another thread.

What is difficult about 65k a month into your Thai Bank from abroad. Immigration DO NOT CARE if it is pension, interest, dividend or your sister's earnings on the street, all they want is to see it in the bank. If not 65k, then say 40k x 12 = 480k, so 320k in the bank extra. Easy.
And I doubt whether the IO really cares where it goes after your Thai Bank, Singha, Chang, Soi 6, or in a circle!

Many people don't have sufficient pension and rely on bonds shares and other income which may not be paid monthly, the rules should and I believe do provide for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, JLCrab said:

At least for me before that if I do the income thingy vs. the OA in USA.

Why not cover all the options, get the agent to submit your bona fide renewal via bank/combo method in the US? 

5 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I've used the taxi driver for my 90 day report.  There isin't a line at my Immigration office.  Since a number of offices have fired or transferred everyone seems many agents will be looking for new contacts.  My real point was it only takes the brain of a 12 year old to do an extension.  In my opinion the use of agents would only be for a person who was mentally challenged or illegal, in any event not the subject of this thread unless you are trying to shill for agents.

That’s your opinion, but others who may or may not agree still have their views, and should not be dismissed as merely talking up agents. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Olmate said:

That’s your opinion, but others who may or may not agree still have their views, and should not be dismissed as merely talking up agents. 

Why try and turn this into an agent advice thread?  You are even advising a guy to try and find an agent in America. 

6 minutes ago, Olmate said:

This thread is about what you need for a retirement or marriage extension not how to beat the system with illegal activity. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, roger101 said:

I have just emailed Transferwise to ask them what the code would show from a transfer from the UK. It will be interesting to see their reply.

Changing slightly one of the things overlooked is spending in the UK. Using the income letter (for many years) my net income is well over the 65000 baht/month needed. But after taking income tax and other commitments I'm left with (at the moment) 68,000 Baht a month. It doesnt take a genius to work out that any problem at home could bring my Thai Income to less than 65000 for a few months.

I asked Transferwise a similar question in a questionaire they had on their website yesterday. I actually asked if there was an option of requesting that money be transferred using the Bangkok Bank because they show its an International Transfer whereas using other clearing routes, such as TMB, show it as an domestic transfer. I haven't had a reply yet.

You have to LOVE a thread, subject being ...."here is exactly what is needed".... Ha. 85 pages later. Just for fun I looked in my bankbook earlier specifically to look at deposit I transfered into KTB. Transfer via OFX. (same as tw, better in iho)

Anyway the code is RNSDT. 

I googled etc etc. No code recognized. But that's not the point. Don't get me wrong, I use TV a LOT. Esp advice from guys like ubon. More to the point. I travel a lot in los. Never ceases to amaze me how many expats are completely unaware of changes. Not just this one. Thinking 2019 could be a nightmare for many. 

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
10 hours ago, JackThompson said:
... and which bank that particular TW transfer happens to go though - which can change from one to the next, even from the same origin and destination accounts.

Yes, banks transaction coding will vary for each bank unlike swift coding which is industry standard

This week I did my first transfer from my US bank to Kbank using swift. 

My Kbank statement says recieved domestic transfer. I tried asking why and I guess it bounces from a middle bank then to my account. 

My US bank statement says international transfer sent but Kbank statement says domestic transfer recieved. 

Not sure what to do for my 12 deposits if they are going to say domestic? 

7 hours ago, Olmate said:

Why not cover all the options, get the agent to submit your bona fide renewal via bank/combo method in the US? 

The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977 (FCPA) (15 U.S.C. § 78dd-1, et seq.) is a United States federal law known primarily for two of its main provisions: one that addresses accounting transparency requirements under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and another concerning bribery of foreign officials.

• Like 1

My Kbank statement says recieved domestic transfer. I tried asking why and I guess it bounces from a middle bank then to my account. 
My US bank statement says international transfer sent but Kbank statement says domestic transfer recieved. 
According to all threads prior to a week or two ago we could get an FET from receiving bank if using swift. So maybe try that for starters

3 hours ago, JLCrab said:

The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977 (FCPA) (15 U.S.C. § 78dd-1, et seq.) is a United States federal law known primarily for two of its main provisions: one that addresses accounting transparency requirements under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and another concerning bribery of foreign officials.

Bona fide ,no bribery, no corruption, no sense of humour !

11 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Why try and turn this into an agent advice thread?  You are even advising a guy to try and find an agent in America. 

This thread is about what you need for a retirement or marriage extension not how to beat the system with illegal activity. 

The guy you refer to I hope has a better sense of humour than you !

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, keithet said:

I thought it might be worthwhile re-posting this comment on this thread, as it hopefully provides some reassurance re. proving that the income paid into a Thai bank comes from abroad - when using swift.

"I went to SCB this a.m. to find out about obtaining bank statements, ask whether income is shown as an International transfer etc.

The lady I spoke to didn't really understand the possible problem re. being able to prove that incoming money was coming from abroad (and didn't really care much either.....), BUT - I pointed to one of my incoming transfers to ask whether they were able to confirm that it was an international transfer, and she printed out a page headed 'Advice for customer - inward transfer'.

The page shows that the remittance was in GBP, 'Details of Payment' shows 'Transfer from NatWest' and 'Remittance Type' shows 'Inward Swift'.  All of which seems to be enough to prove that it was an International transfer to SCB.

Of course the latest arrangements re. providing proof of income for Immigration is very new at the moment, but I'm sure that over the next few months banks will find out what is required by Immigration and be able to come up with the necessary documentation as required by Immigration."

• Like 1