Jump to content
BANGKOK 23 March 2019 19:42
webfact

CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Bugsy777 said:

First time here. I am married to a Thai national and living in Australia. If we choose to retire in Thailand is the single Australian pension enough (about $900 per fortnight) Do I need 65,000 baht per month or 40,000 per month and do I need to have 800,000 in a Thai bank? I've read these posts and I'm none the wiser.

Mate your married but on a single pension? You can get OAMulti retirement at Canberra Embassy with combo income and bank deposit in Oz with equal to 800k baht ,good for 2 yrs. here you.ll need either 40/65kmonthly into Thailand bank or have 400/800 in Thai bank, depending if you extend as retiree or marriage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Henryford said:

If you are married you need either 400k in a thai bank or a monthly income of 40,000. Your $900 a fortnight is just enough, at current rates.

Thanks Henryford. I can easily keep 400k in a Thai bank so does that mean that the single pension isn't needed or doesn't matter or can I do a combination pension and savings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Olmate said:

Mate your married but on a single pension? You can get OAMulti retirement at Canberra Embassy with combo income and bank deposit in Oz with equal to 800k baht ,good for 2 yrs. here you.ll need either 40/65kmonthly into Thailand bank or have 400/800 in Thai bank, depending if you extend as retiree or marriage. 

Not on the pension yet. Still working but trying to get my head around this so that we can plan. What do you mean 400/800? Is it 400 or 800. I was going to buy a place but I don't want to end up not being able to stay there and then maybe not be able to sell it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

400k married, 800k single.

One should also assume it will increase at some point, so saving additional funds for when it is does would be a good idea...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bugsy777 said:

Thanks Henryford. I can easily keep 400k in a Thai bank so does that mean that the single pension isn't needed or doesn't matter or can I do a combination pension and savings? 

If you keep the 400k in the bank the income isn't needed. If you can easily afford that i wouldn't bother with any comination methods.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bugsy777 said:

Not on the pension yet. Still working but trying to get my head around this so that we can plan. What do you mean 400/800? Is it 400 or 800. I was going to buy a place but I don't want to end up not being able to stay there and then maybe not be able to sell it.

your married you won’t get single pension even if living in Thailand, so it’s married rate of Aus pension, not sure what that is so guessing about 30k baht month...bit light on if only income.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mogandave said:

400k married, 800k single.

One should also assume it will increase at some point, so saving additional funds for when it is does would be a good idea...

 

40 minutes ago, Olmate said:

your married you won’t get single pension even if living in Thailand, so it’s married rate of Aus pension, not sure what that is so guessing about 30k baht month...bit light on if only income.?

My mistake. I have other income but just trying to look at minimums because as another said, the amounts will change over time. I think I'd rent for a few years just to be sure. Cheers Olmate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...