Nightmare On Pattaya Beach

Banana7

22 hours ago, NanLaew said:

A container ship lost 80 odd containers last week off the Dutch coast, a lot of stuff washed up on the islands including TVs and as they are packed with polystyrene foam that covered the beaches it's been cleared up mostly but there's a storm happening now with a spring tide it's likely to wash a lot of stuff on the beaches.Its a fact of life and it's happening to a beach near you wherever you are.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, newnative said:

Yes, the beach is a nightmare.  Photo taken a couple hours ago, Jan. 8th, 2019.

P_20190108_145007_1_p.jpg

Whooo. Who's stopping at the Dusit Thani then? Prime seaview room to boot. 

Seriously, is it busy there?

25 minutes ago, lust said:

They should really officially change the name from Pattaya -> Pussaya. That’s the only thing this city has going for it. It’s such a turd wearing a tuxedo.

Do you know that because you live or visit here? If so, why stay here, if not how do you know?

after spending so much money 'reclaiming' the beach....i cant understand why the local authority doesnt pay labourers to clear rubbish from the beach, every morning..labour is cheap.

a cleaner beach would attract more tourists.....

the extra anchored boats, have been there since the boat ramps were closed at bali hai...some owners dont like taking their boats down to jomtien for  the boat ramp there.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Do you know that because you live or visit here? If so, why stay here, if not how do you know?

I’ve been living here for 5 years. We spent Christmas in Pattaya where we spent most of the time picking up trash and my son sliced his foot open on broken glass on the beach, and then a corpse washed up way down the beach. 

7 minutes ago, lust said:

I’ve been living here for 5 years. We spent Christmas in Pattaya where we spent most of the time picking up trash and my son sliced his foot open on broken glass on the beach, and then a corpse washed up way down the beach. 

Each to their own. I hope your son recovered.

4 hours ago, newnative said:

The trouble with all these photos is, they never quite capture the grot. I have taken many, trying to highlight the filth and dilapidation. They always come out looking like Shangri-la! Even in downtown Cairo!

4 hours ago, newnative said:

Yes you could sell that picture to TAT , just insert some tourists first. 

From distance it looks nice but it's still a trashy beach if you get closer to it. But the Russians wont mind. 

3 minutes ago, champers said:

Each to their own. I hope your son recovered.

He’s fine now, but put a damper on the holiday. 

But let’s be realistic, Pattaya became know because of the Vietnam war and was an R&R destination for soldiers to get some strange. 

Pattaya is sex city. Just drive down the road and there are thousands of working girls with foreigners. The beaches/water are filthy. Anyone who argues why foreigners go there is naive.

On 1/7/2019 at 6:15 PM, moonseeker said:

Never gonna come even close to a classy resort town. Only getting worse, unless you are blind and have lost your sense of smell, too. .

Sounds like a job for some visiting farang experts to advise and set them straight. I particularly like the fact that these folks are experienced in detecting poo from livestock and humans in the swimming area.  Pattaya will indeed be world class once they learn how it's supposed to be done.

Y-UK! Britain’s beaches are among the DIRTIEST in Europe – with 20 of them classed as UNSAFE to swim at
The beach water is tested for contamination by pollution from human or livestock poo

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/3638905/the-uks-beaches-are-among-the-dirtiest-in-europe-with-20-of-them-classed-as-unsafe-to-swim-in/

5 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Your photo shows the beach at during the day and as the  original post states, it looks beautiful during the day.  Go tonight after 8:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. .  Or go during daylight, wade out into the water about 10 meters, be careful not to step on the glass bottles.

So, swim in a hotel or condo pool and enjoy the, as you say, 'beautiful' beach during the day, when beaches are normally enjoyed.  Sorted.

5 hours ago, champers said:

Whooo. Who's stopping at the Dusit Thani then? Prime seaview room to boot. 

Seriously, is it busy there?

I was visiting a friend and noticed how beautiful the beach looked so snapped a photo. Lovely seaview room, larger than some condos I have owned!  The hotel seemed nicely busy.

On 1/7/2019 at 5:58 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I don't see a problem with boats and jet skis but yes the rubbish is a problem. i don't get why a tractor doesn't go up and down every morning raking the beach of of all sorts. Water not so easy to clean

I guess you dont see a problem with destroyed coral and wildlife either.

10 hours ago, high plane drifter said:

over the years Thailand has lost much of it's culture,,and mostly it's beauty,,,

over the years posters on TV have lost much of their imagination,,and mostly their originality,,,

That and restating the bloody obvious.

6 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Try living near that nightmare.....I tried, but same crap everyday finally got the best of me and my little sanity....called 'er quits a few months back and never looked back.....it will only get worse...believe me....????

Never looked back... but still reliving your miserable experiences daily right here?

Once you've immersed yourself, you can't wash Pattaya off, no matter how hard you scrub.

On 1/7/2019 at 7:03 PM, balo said:

Nothing changed , this is Thailand. Been like this for 20 years. 

I agree. I fell into the water of Pattaya Bay 30 years ago and immediately went home to shower. I swam in it once during my first visit 30 years ago and bumped into a turd and never went back in.

...and now what are we going to do??  Clean it up?  Form a committee?  Donate money?  Or just acknowledge it with endless narrative?  So the question is "Does anyone agree that this is a world class beach resort or a family friendly beach?"  YES, i agree it's both or either.  So now what? We all band together and changed Thailand?  

• 8 months later...
On 1/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, mike787 said:

...and now what are we going to do??  Clean it up?  Form a committee?  Donate money?  Or just acknowledge it with endless narrative?  So the question is "Does anyone agree that this is a world class beach resort or a family friendly beach?"  YES, i agree it's both or either.  So now what? We all band together and changed Thailand?  

Try not to be so didactic. 'World Class' is a meaningless term. Pattaya is a city. I dont want it to be 'a family resort'...The beach is unimportant   its just peripheral to most people. The future of Pattaya might reside in the hand of Thai Tourists...they do not have puritanical western values and obsession with 'family resort'. It is what it is. Leave Pattaya as an adult play ground and let Hua hin or Jomtien be a family resort for impoverished Russians and shockable Yanks..

leave Pattaya alone!

Archived