BANGKOK 24 January 2019 12:03
snoop1130

Robert De Niro: ‘Trump is a real racist, a white supremacist’

Robert De Niro: ‘Trump is a real racist, a white supremacist’

by David Smith

3813.jpg

‘Trump’s a con artist and what bothers me is that people don’t see that’ … De Niro. Photograph: Christopher Lane/Guardian; grooming by Lynda Eichner for Trees and Flowers for Skin, shot on location at The Greenwich Hotel, Tribeca, NYC

Here, with Orson Welles and Spike Lee on the walls, and James Dean and Natalie Wood on the doors to the toilets, is where Robert De Niro might have died.

In October, a pipe bomb addressed to the actor was sent to the New York warehouse where his film production company hugs an atrium dotted with vintage movie posters.

A security guard found the suspicious package in the mailroom at 5am and police vehicles swarmed the Tribeca neighbourhood before dawn.

De Niro got a call from security early that morning telling him the pipe bomb was being removed.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jan/06/robert-de-niro-trump-is-a-real-racist-a-white-supremacist

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lust said:

This weiner is so washed up that the only way he stay in the light is to cause a ruckus about the president. I used to like De Niro. I won’t watch any new movies from him. ‘Heat’ is still one of my favorites, though. 

I don't let politics get in the way of entertainment. I've been to Wagner operas. Put me to sleep but I gave him a chance. Still think James Woods is a great actor even though politically he is a total A-hole. I draw the line at Tom Cruise though. Scientology is evil. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lust said:

This weiner is so washed up that the only way he stay in the light is to cause a ruckus about the president. I used to like De Niro. I won’t watch any new movies from him. ‘Heat’ is still one of my favorites, though. 

Can be a bit of a <deleted> though..

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't let politics get in the way of entertainment. I've been to Wagner operas. Put me to sleep but I gave him a chance. Still think James Woods is a great actor even though politically he is a total A-hole. I draw the line at Tom Cruise though. Scientology is evil. 

Yeah, cruise is a nutter, but he’s pretty talented and is quite committed to his roles and stunts.

A photo from another FBI file that proves Dinero's evil Russian spectral twin pinched Hillary's bum has surfaced. Democrats are flabbergasted that people would think that such flimsy evidence constituted proof.

HillaryClinton_c0-37-3051-1815_s885x516.jpg

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Thakkar said:
“We can’t know”

Yes, we pretty much can. He’s been twice fined (largest settlement in the histroy of HUD) for racist rental practices. He called for the death penalty for the central park five, *after* DNA evidence proved their innocence. He claimed a judge couldn’t be partial in his case because the judge was a Mexican descent. He was a birther. He called people marching with Nazis “good people.” He launched his presidential campaign by calling most Mexicans coming across the border rapists and criminals. One of his first executive actions was the muslim ban. Hispanic kids in cages as a deliberate policy choice.

The list can go on and on.

You're probably right. However even though I think Individual-1 is a remarkably horrible person and it's tragic that he's president, I just don't see the upside of calling him personally a racist. I think it's better to focus on his lies, statements, policies, and actions which speak for themselves in a very negative way without using that label. Why? Too many white people get very defensive about that and assume we're also calling them all also racist that ever supported him. Of course many of them are but still I don't think it helps to encourage people to be defensive.  He needed white people to win and a key part of accelerating his downfall will also involve white people. It already has in the midterms.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Edited by Jingthing