Marine Dept launches Facebook complaints portal, as dangerous Phuket speedboat complaint left floundering

webfact

Marine Dept launches Facebook complaints portal, as dangerous Phuket speedboat complaint left floundering

By The Phuket News

1546865215_1-org.jpg

The Marine Department launched its Facebook page for people to file complaints about marine tour services, and especially marine safety, today (Jan 7). Image: Screengrab / Facebook / Marine Dept

PHUKET: The Marine Department of Thailand today (Jan 7) launched a Facebook page for people to file complaints about marine tour services, and especially marine safety.

The launch of the webpage, called “Notification of Complaints to the Marine Department” (click here), aims to allow people to file complaints instantly, with photos, Phuket Marine Office Acting Director Wiwat Chitchertwong explained to The Phuket News.

“It will be easier for foreign tourists and other people to inform us about bad marine services or unreliable services in Phuket,” Mr Wiwat said.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/marine-dept-launches-facebook-complaints-portal-as-dangerous-phuket-speedboat-complaint-left-floundering-69931.php#RB2lURe6gwGAvFtO.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-01-08

"“It will be easier for foreign tourists and other people to inform us about bad marine services or unreliable services in Phuket,” Mr Wiwat said."

I can see it now:

A facebook message sent by a tourist: "Help we are sinking."

Five days later a reply comes back: "What are you sinking about?"

13 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

A page in Thai language isn't going to help foreign visitors.  I also would not want to be a Thai and use my real name (or facebook name) for any complaints.

Agreed, page should be in English and Chinese.

But it is a start, and all those making snidy comments above would be the first ones to complain if nothing is done.

Archived