Trump plans televised address, visit to Mexico border

webfact

Meanwhile, the Trump chorus still sings from the same old discredited song sheet.  Sarah Sanders on "Fox News Sunday":

"We know that roughly, nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists come into our country illegally," she (Sarah Sanders) told host Chris Wallace, "and we know that our most vulnerable point of entry is at our southern border.”

Wallace counters with ""Do you know where those 4,000 people come — where they’re captured? Airports.” Flummoxed, Sanders could only stammer, “Not always.""

To which Wallace points out “The State Department says there hasn’t been any terrorists that they’ve found coming across the southern border with Mexico.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/01/07/what-is-point-sarah-sanders/?utm_term=.e048805def2c

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Credo said:

I watched it.   He was not at all convincing.   I don't know if he lied, but nothing he said was convincing.   He tried to be diplomatic, but I don't know that it's possible.   

He needs a wall.   Most people don't.   He thinks there's a crisis.   Most people don't.   Etc., etc., etc., 

He knew he would get whacked for too much lying as facts will be checked real time. So, he resorted to a contorted emotional appeal. Funny.

"This is a humanitarian crisis, a crisis of the heart, a crisis of the soul," he said.

Let me rephrase that for you Trump.

"This is my human crisis, a crisis for the heart of my base, my 38% that has no need for facts, a crisis of the soul of the Republican party which I stole from Republicans - the new Trump Party {insert brand, ©TM} etc."

8 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

So, no wall funding will fix other problems. just more lefty rhetoric. 

I realise that it is probably beyond your comprehension , but problems might get fixed if Trump listened and addressed them. All he does is fixate on sound bite issues to appease his base , even a red neck should understand its a recipe for disaster.

17 hours ago, bendejo said:

What he's hoping for is mass demonstrations by his fans in support of him.  He wants those poorly-educated (his words) who show up at his love rallies to take to the streets.  I think it is they who should form a caravan and head down to Mexico City and demand money for the wall.  Wasn't that the original plan, to get Mexico to pay?

But imagine, faced with a large crowd of white people with red necks attempting to cross into Mexico, the Mexican border guards respond by firing CS Gas across the border. That would be an intolerable act of unprovoked violence against the United States. Heaven knows what the response of the Trumpton Security Forces would be. The cynics amongst us would probably expect it would sooner or later involve assorted Dr Strangelove clones with buzz haircuts dropping vast quantities of bombs on empty desert from a great altitude...

Archived