We'll find you wherever you are! Immigration police catch illegal overstayer hiding on ledge

webfact

13 minutes ago, ReMarKable said:

I'm stunned BJ is so efficient.  Over stayers must shaking in fear.  He can also change his mind quickly about an 18 year old youth escaping Saudi Arabia (In Thailand youths can be as old as 30, not sure why the news uncharacteristically called her a woman) after international press asked questions and lying didn't work.

It does not impress me when someone is hunting people to the delight of crowds.
In other countries, such matters are dealt with in the background.

On the other hand...I do not feel sorry for a rebellious teenager .

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, samsensam said:

why is the man's colour relevant?

These illegals and overstayers should be given the respect that they deserve, regardless of their colour, i.e. none, they're here illegally.  Why should his colour not be mentioned when so many of them, typically, are black?

6 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

It does not impress me when someone is hunting people to the delight of crowds.
In other countries, such matters are dealt with in the background.

On the other hand...I do not feel sorry for a rebellious teenager .

Which rebellious teenager are you referring to?  I only know one in the news lately that is being interviewed by the UN who does not want to go to her home country because her individuality and world view is that men and women should have equal rights and not be murdered for wanting to be free of state beliefs so her own beliefs and future can be realized

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

These illegals and overstayers should be given the respect that they deserve, regardless of their colour, i.e. none, they're here illegally.  Why should his colour not be mentioned when so many of them, typically, are black?

Colour is only relevant if you are putting out a description for people to look out for. 

With the exception of regional illegals or overstayers (ASEAN region), if you are going to talk about "typical" -- you will typically be talking about farang ("white") overstayers outnumbering "black" Africans.

3 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

White is  a colour.... black is not -- it the absence of colour.

If light, white is the combination of 3 primary light wave colors. Black would be the absence of light waves. If paint. white reflects all colors and black absorbs all colors.

1 minute ago, ReMarKable said:

If light, white is the combination of 3 primary light wave colors. Black would be the absence of light waves. If paint. white reflects all colors and black absorbs all colors.

There is only one real way to describe light -- it would be scientifically... pfft art.

6 minutes ago, ReMarKable said:

Which rebellious teenager are you referring to?  I only know one in the news lately that is being interviewed by the UN who does not want to go to her home country because her individuality and world view is that men and women should have equal rights and not be murdered for wanting to be free of state beliefs so her own beliefs and future can be realized

Ok, take her and all hers similar to your country
Good luck

1 minute ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

There is only one real way to describe light -- it would be scientifically... pfft art.

I'm describing color not light although light creates colors depending on their frequency.  Paint creates colors completely different.

9 minutes ago, ReMarKable said:

I'm describing color not light although light creates colors depending on their frequency.  Paint creates colors completely different.

Without light there is no color... light is additive in nature you add red/green/blue light to get white light.  When it reflects on a surface the surface is just subtracting certain colors and reflecting the remaining... but regardless without light to reflect there is no color.  Turn off certain colors within light and the color that is reflected changes.   So saying a surface is a certain color depends on the light that is available to reflect.  (the surface "color" has no certainty - it is dependent on what is available to reflect).

7 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Without light there is no color... light is additive in nature you add red/green/blue light to get white light.  When it reflects on a surface the surface is just subtracting certain colors and reflecting the remaining... but regardless without light to reflect there is no color.  Turn off certain colors within light and the color that is reflected changes.   So saying a surface is a certain color depends on the light that is available to reflect.  (the surface "color" has no certainty - it is dependent on what is available to reflect).

I don't know why you are replying because I said the same thing twice on this thread and people keep getting it wrong.  Light creates color differently than paint, although it relies on light.  Paint creates a certainty to the surface color e.g. Black absorbs all colors.  Whereas light combines 3 primary colors and white is observed.  Of course if there is no light in a room you wont see any colors.

Just speculating on all of the different ways that an illegal falang could be rumbled by the Royal Thai Police (Immigration) if the RTP cross referenced their data technology.

a) If opening a bank account was attempted - 

(and ID is asked for)

b) If you need hospital treatment -

(and ID is asked for)

c) If arrested for 'what ever reason' 

(and ID is asked for)  

There has got to be more than just these three?

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

As I understand it, falang refers to caucasians. For example Japanese or Taiwanese are not falang.

Maybe we're trying to project Western Liberal values on to Thais?

I certainly hope not one of the reasons I don’t miss Australia is because of the “ political correctness” rubbish.

On the subject of referring to persons being sought by police by color, race etc, it is not unusual for this to occur for obvious reasons.

6 hours ago, samsensam said:

when caucasians are refereed to in headlines/articles the phrase 'white man' is never used.

because "white" is much more distinguishable against a dark blackground - means: Many a time without referring to "black" you won't see it/him

7 hours ago, samsensam said:

when caucasians are refereed to in headlines/articles the phrase 'white man' is never used.

for completeness sake they should say caucasian or white the same way they say black.

in the pc world if they were to say . 'homo sapiens' the lbgt community might get offended

1 hour ago, Cobby said:

Also on the topic of color

jelly babies now black has Been replaced by purple

whats all the fuss about 

we are all coloured in one way 

smile

????????????

I seem to recall that the book Black Beauty, about a horse was under threat at one time, Noddy and Big Ears were under investigation as it was suggested something unnatural might be occurring.

Last year we visited the UK and I spotted a hand made Golliwog in a craft shop, out of public display, which I bought for my daughter.

The owner told me she was not allowed to display it in the window as it would be considered racist.

Me thinks the world has gone mad.

16 minutes ago, WildBillHiccup said:

Just speculating on all of the different ways that an illegal falang could be rumbled by the Royal Thai Police (Immigration) if the RTP cross referenced their data technology.

a) If opening a bank account was attempted - 

(and ID is asked for)

b) If you need hospital treatment -

(and ID is asked for)

c) If arrested for 'what ever reason' 

(and ID is asked for)  

There has got to be more than just these three?

Subject to them getting their act together you could do it here.

In Australia they would be protected by privacy legislation.

Used in the same way as "farang" whenever anybody of Western appearance is referred to - unless of course the subject is "British"!

Because black people expect to be treated differently, they get used to Black Lives Matter and affirmative Action.  

43 minutes ago, Petchou said:

Being white is discoloration, first humans were black.  Here is how first British looked like In the following 

2500.jpg

This is an asinine comment, designed to provoke the (white) Brits, I guess.

We don't know the colours of the first humans, just like we don't know the colours of dinosaurs.  When we see them pictured, we see an artist's representation. 

If we make the assumption that the earliest humans were black because they were "out of Africa", it is of interest, anyway, that more modern finds of early human remains are indicating that the earliest forms of humankind were in present-day Eastern Europe/ Greece.  Does that mean that the first British were white, anyway?

1 hour ago, Petchou said:

Being white is discoloration, first humans were black.  Here is how first British looked like In the following 

2500.jpg

Aha, thanx for make it clear. 

So what is happening in Northern Europe now, is basically just going back to basic????. Well, at least if looking around in the major cities ????

18 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I seem to recall that the book Black Beauty, about a horse was under threat at one time, Noddy and Big Ears were under investigation as it was suggested something unnatural might be occurring.

Last year we visited the UK and I spotted a hand made Golliwog in a craft shop, out of public display, which I bought for my daughter.

The owner told me she was not allowed to display it in the window as it would be considered racist.

Me thinks the world has gone mad.

Yes, it's a ridiculous state of affairs, I agree.

I believe the golliwog logo/emblem of Robertson's marmalade had to be removed similarly?

Ref Black & White:

'This one' is etched in my brain from years ago ...

At school our teachers wrote on Black Boards - Not so today!

Teachers write on Chalk Boards now ... go figure?

I am certain that I read that this was brought about so as not to give offense?

Next thing they will be banning Christmas in the UK and calling it "Winter Holidays"

... so as not to give any offense. Streuth - Give me strength!!! 

Oh! Hang on a bit .. .. ..

Archived