We'll find you wherever you are! Immigration police catch illegal overstayer hiding on ledge

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, samsensam said:

why is the man's colour relevant?

when caucasians are refereed to in headlines/articles the phrase 'white man' is never used.

It's a descriptive adjective...that is all. PLEASE let's stop with all the over-sensitivity and PC crap. If a person is black, or white, or Asian, and described as such...NO harm done and NO foul committed. 

20 minutes ago, bri1guy said:

falang  means  westerners   ,    not caucasians   i believe...

main point of the story is any overstayer hiding will be caught..    I think he could find better places to hide than on a ledge ? 

The Caucasian race (also Caucasoid[1] or Europid)[2] is a grouping of human beings historically regarded as a biological taxon, which, depending on which of the historical race classifications used, has usually included some or all of the ancient and modern populations of Europe, Western Asia, Central Asia, South Asia, North Africa, and the Horn of Africa.[3]  wikipedia

53 minutes ago, keystonecoppers2 said:

Regarding Colors:    In a Caleidoskope you have all the colors. And white and black

are not in it.  White and black are merely a mix of other tones.

Look at a rainbow, there you will find the basic colours!

Sorry if not correct spelling.

Cheers!!

So any colour that is not a "primary colour" is not a colour?  Yellow is not a colour?  If Yellow is a colour then white is a colour since the white is a mix of red, green and blue... while yellow is a mix of blue and red.

BTW, primary colours are just primary colours to us humans -- in nature there is really no such thing as primary colours (just different wavelengths of light).  In fact what we consider visible light is only a subset of the spectrum.  If our eyes were constructed differently then we would potentially have different spectrum of colours - consisting of some of our current spectrum of light and/or including other spectrum that we are currently blind to.

12 hours ago, Aachen said:

Because white is not a colour.

White is all colours combined. Black is no colour, so it needs specification LOL

I am white, I am all colours of the rainbow. Come and get me.

Can I actually bee seen at daylight?

i think people with dark skin do not fit into thai society like people with white skin....most thais prefer the white variation..as a skintone for themselves and as a company for their daughters...white people from east or west tend to bring honest earned momey to thailand but many people from africa just sell drugs on the street...or turn to prostitution ( that white western males consume ...i cannot immagine a thai man w. a. black prostitute cause blaco stands for all they dislike )... i have good black friends among thais and western foreigners ...for me not an issue

7 hours ago, Cobby said:

Also on the topic of color

jelly babies now black has Been replaced by purple

whats all the fuss about 

we are all coloured in one way 

smile

????????????

Inside we are all pinkich red with some yelow blubber.

10 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

As I understand it, falang refers to caucasians. For example Japanese or Taiwanese are not falang.

Maybe we're trying to project Western Liberal values on to Thais?

Farangs was original meant for the group Franks (from the French empire in the middle age), but later used for people who obviously come from Europe like me and I am Frisian (even ''fullcolored'' people in USA are from Europe!).  Black man is called black farang (ฝรั่งดำ) 

Farang is so wide, you can call it point it drink it and eat it.

I am not one but called twice.

Rgds,

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Although a Caucasian, I have a document stating I am an alien.

I consequently correct those referring to me as farang, that I am an "alien">>love it feel David Bowie >>Alien in New York

My wife fell in love with an Alien

She fell in love with my blue eyes
My wife fell in love with an Alien

I'm telling no disguise

21 hours ago, samsensam said:

when caucasians are refereed to in headlines/articles the phrase 'white man' is never used.

ok color does that make u happy 

22 hours ago, samsensam said:

What is this?  A rhetorical question?  The black ones are the criminals.  In the West, honesty is banned and the full story cannot be told.  Thank goodness here in Thailand you can still call a spade a spade.

16 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Colour is only relevant if you are putting out a description for people to look out for. 

With the exception of regional illegals or overstayers (ASEAN region), if you are going to talk about "typical" -- you will typically be talking about farang ("white") overstayers outnumbering "black" Africans.

Color is absolutely relevant.  The public has a right to know what is going on and they can only form a profile of this criminal class if given all its physical attributes.  I would not want the Thai public to think all expats are criminals when it is largely the black ones who fill that profile.  There are enough misconceptions about expats without adding that one.

6 minutes ago, The Preacher said:

Color is absolutely relevant.  The public has a right to know what is going on and they can only form a profile of this criminal class if given all its physical attributes.  I would not want the Thai public to think all expats are criminals when it is largely the black ones who fill that profile.  There are enough misconceptions about expats without adding that one.

It is definitely not relevant in the context of this story.  How can you profile using physical attributes without nationality, where they have lived (Compton vs. Beverly Hills), income/savings level.  A black man in reference to this story is that he is illegal and he is black.   In the context of this story it is pretty much meaningless.  Yes, you would not want them to think all expats are criminals... but you are perfectly fine with all black men being criminals.  Basically, as long as it is not you - you are fine with sacrificing someone else. 

23 hours ago, webfact said:

wanted for illegal entry and overstay in Thailand. 

When we can all get beyond the "black" remarks lets get down to the real facts that matter...

The post said "illegal entry & overstay" which begs a more relevant remark... how did he enter the country?

On 1/8/2019 at 10:05 AM, samsensam said:

Because most Thai's are xenophobic towards people of color -> African descent -> black people.

In the strictest sense of the word, "farang" refers to a Caucasian foreigner / 'white man' already.

Over the years, farang has become an umbrella term to address any non-Oriental looking person.

It is not exclusively used to address only Caucasian foreigners -

Hispanic / South Asians can also come into the fold, especially if they have a lighter skin tone.

Keep up the good work. Deport all illegals. At least there are a few countries in the world with the balls to defend their borders and sovereignty. Love you Thailand. All "legal" expats have been warned in the media here in the PI that they have until March 1st to report to Immigration for their "yearly" check in. Good for the Philippines, I will be there.

21 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

As I understand it, falang refers to caucasians. For example Japanese or Taiwanese are not falang.

Maybe we're trying to project Western Liberal values on to Thais?

Correct. If you are white you are a farang. If you are black you are a farang dam

If asian, it is totally different. They say khon Kauri, khon Nippun, khon Jin,  etc

Well!!!, I am usually pinkish, but now in Thailand I hope to be a bit

more tan. Us Farangs ,or as some post falang, can be a real mix, Brits are different from Aussies, or Americans, or Canadians, etc.

I found that the darker Carribeans do not like to be called

Africans as well. People are just so picky.

Geezer

Archived