"Sorry - we didn't use our brains" - Seafood restaurant staff in "Crotch Drama" apologize

webfact

"Sorry - we didn't use our brains" - Seafood restaurant staff in "Crotch Drama" apologize

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Staff of a seafood restaurant at the center of an "online drama" on Thai social media have apologized for inappropriate behavior. 

One of the staff members of "Sathanee Mee Hoi" (the place of shellfish) was shown in a video showing his crotch to a little girl in a show at a market. 

She tried to get away but the twerking man pursued her thinking it was all great fun.

All the goading male staff on the sidelines were dressed up as women. 

Now they have all wai-ed and apologized for their actions. 

They said they did not use their brains and would do better in the future. 

The story received widespread attention on Thai social media where the actions of the restaurant staff were deemed as highly inappropriate. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-08

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, webfact said:

Now they have all wai-ed and apologized for their actions. 

Isn't it great that in Thailand a simple gesture with ones hands makes everything good that is wrong. 

Maybe their brains are actually in their finger tips and only start working once the fingers are placed together.

20 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Is anyone surprised at that?

Well seems to me they did use their brains to the best abilities - the abilities of 10 year olds.

In bachelor degree programs, typical age 18 to 20 yrs old, many of the students have the behaviors of 10 to if lucky 14 year olds.

My Thai son regularly feigned sickness at or whatever at uni to get away from some of the infantile and ignorant activities of his year / class. 

And the parents did nothing.... 

Lets face it, whenever something silly which can be attributed to 'high spirits' and not uncommonly a significant amount of clumsy ignorance the situation is fairly easy to stop with a simple... Hand up and "No!"... especially when kids are involved... 

Agreed, this shouldn't have happened and the whole idea was stupid, but doesn't this sum up much of what happens here?... the description of the event makes it seem a whole lot worse.... 

The child could easily have been picked up and taken off by a parent to just stands there and videos instead.... so clearly the parents didn't think it was an issue... 

and have the police charged them for what they did, have they been let go by the restaurant for giving it a bad name, highly doubtful as they simply dont give a sh*t, exposing themselves doesnt rate here unless you are a farang, the one that did it should be locked up and the others reprimanded, its disgusting

Just now, seajae said:

and have the police charged them for what they did, have they been let go by the restaurant for giving it a bad name, highly doubtful as they simply dont give a sh*t, exposing themselves doesnt rate here unless you are a farang, the one that did it should be locked up and the others reprimanded, its disgusting

If there were exposing themselves I have a completely different view point. 

But judging by the reactions of the crowds they had shorts on (or something similar) under the skirts... 

So... I could be wrong, but I didn't think they were exposing themselves. 

Thats not to say I agree with this behavior, especially in front of kids, but I may not be as extreme as the 'create a drama out of a molehill' style in which it's been reported. 

27 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Well seems to me they did use their brains to the best abilities - the abilities of 10 year olds.

In bachelor degree programs, typical age 18 to 20 yrs old, many of the students have the behaviors of 10 to if lucky 14 year olds.

My Thai son regularly feigned sickness at or whatever at uni to get away from some of the infantile and ignorant activities of his year / class. 

You mean to say that your Thai son is more developed and intelligent than the average Thai of his age?

I watched the video. Events were nowhere near as bad as described. The  ripped muscle guy wasn't that close to the kid and there was a meter or more of distance. His  active proximity lasted a few seconds. This has been made into something it was not.

If only many would stop and think for a few seconds,before they

say, do something that could affect others,example someone parks

their car so close you cannot get in,overtaking on bends and other

road stupidity,pulls out a gun,because they suspect their partner

of infidelity, other acts just to save face,it goes on and on.

regards worgeordie

For some reason, there is a percentage of both Thai men and women adults, who seem to have the emotional development of a 13 year old. Not sure what that is about. I have noticed that often the eldest in the family, tends to be far more mature, perhaps due to having responsibility as a kid. But, it is shocking how many just do not seem to be able to behave like adults, especially when put into a challenging, difficult, tragic, or spontaneous and stressful situation. I understand some of this, when it comes to the men, as they are coddled way too much as kids, and given a very unhealthy degree of entitlement, and that feeling of being "oh so special", and it is based on nothing but gender, which is inane. But, the women? Most are far more mature than the men, but certainly not all! That is why when asked, I always counsel really taking your time to get to know a woman here, before making any sort of long term commitment. If it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are problems, issues, and a lack of emotional development that you need to be aware of, they will reveal themselves over time. 

Of course these are generalizations, and there are some Thais that stand head and shoulders above the pack. Fortunately, I am married to one, who is highly developed emotionally. But, she is the eldest, and I am convinced that has alot to do with it. She was given alot of tasks and responsibilities growing up, and her parents were strict, and are truly outstanding people. 

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Having taught ‘at Uni’ in many countries (but not in Thailand) I can agree that this assessment applied in each of them.

During a by now quite extensive professional life, I have also observed that in some ways, it is also true that many adults in all countries have such child-like behaviour wrt certain aspects of life, particularly personal, family and financial relationships.

have fun y’all!

1 hour ago, ravip said:

You mean to say that your Thai son is more developed and intelligent than the average Thai of his age?

Yes. And a lot of that came from his Thai mother who studied in a western country for many years and picked a much better grasp of right and wrong / appropriate and not appropriate, she made numerous opportunities to share all of this with our son / discuss with him, encourage him to analyse,  ask questions etc., etc.

Plus he attended high school in Singapore for some years, which quickly made him more mature. He found a good Singaporean buddy and spent a lot of time with his buddy's family, the father was a clever engineer who talked a lot to his kids and my son always includes, gave them challenges, encouraged them to talk and debate etc.,  etc. 

53 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

For some reason, there is a percentage of both Thai men and women adults, who seem to have the emotional development of a 13 year old. Not sure what that is about. I have noticed that often the eldest in the family, tends to be far more mature, perhaps due to having responsibility as a kid. But, it is shocking how many just do not seem to be able to behave like adults, especially when put into a challenging, difficult, tragic, or spontaneous and stressful situation. I understand some of this, when it comes to the men, as they are coddled way too much as kids, and given a very unhealthy degree of entitlement, and that feeling of being "oh so special", and it is based on nothing but gender, which is inane. But, the women? Most are far more mature than the men, but certainly not all! That is why when asked, I always counsel really taking your time to get to know a woman here, before making any sort of long term commitment. If it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are problems, issues, and a lack of emotional development that you need to be aware of, they will reveal themselves over time. 

Of course these are generalizations, and there are some Thais that stand head and shoulders above the pack. Fortunately, I am married to one, who is highly developed emotionally. But, she is the eldest, and I am convinced that has alot to do with it. She was given alot of tasks and responsibilities growing up, and her parents were strict, and are truly outstanding people. 

Agree. Partly because they are treated a little children, in many cases even into their early teens, plus many parents never discuss right and wrong / appropriate and not appropriate, they stay with what they know - the mindset of little kids.

Aparently this is just their,''day job'' ,the 3 on the left are studing law, and the other 2 are studying medicine....working as hand puppets ,dancing around on the floor dressed like seafood ,does not pay the bills .

Archived