"Sorry - we didn't use our brains" - Seafood restaurant staff in "Crotch Drama" apologize

webfact

The wai replaces accountability (with punishment) and that is a huge cultural problem...no one learns from poor decision-making and bad behavior when it occurs....so the culture says wai for wrong doings and all is forgotten...

not a learning culture/society with no advancement to better itself....so don’t wonder why road fatality stats are the same year after year...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The child could easily have been picked up and taken off by a parent to just stands there and videos instead.... so clearly the parents didn't think it was an issue... 

Hang on, you've got a typo...

'so clearly the parents didn't think...'

There. That's got it.

Nothing wrong with that video , just a little bit of Thai fun.  I have seen worse in a Thai village. 

If you remove the little girl from the video , this video would have been considered "normal" in Thailand. 

4 hours ago, seajae said:

and have the police charged them for what they did, have they been let go by the restaurant for giving it a bad name, highly doubtful as they simply dont give a sh*t, exposing themselves doesnt rate here unless you are a farang, the one that did it should be locked up and the others reprimanded, its disgusting

Gays get a free pass on a lot of poor behaviour.

Mostly because they claim you are homophobic if you call them on it.

If this was a straight guy - they'd have been calling for a lynching for pedophilic behaviour - but it's a gay guy - so that's OK.

The crime here was that this is even considered "entertainment". A guy crabbing around on the floor whilst others stand in a group guffawing ! Much against my better judgement I have to say that awful karaoke with Thais droning along to some soap opera star song would at least have better comedy value. I shall definitely give this restaurant a miss.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

For some reason, there is a percentage of both Thai men and women adults, who seem to have the emotional development of a 13 year old. Not sure what that is about. I have noticed that often the eldest in the family, tends to be far more mature, perhaps due to having responsibility as a kid. But, it is shocking how many just do not seem to be able to behave like adults, especially when put into a challenging, difficult, tragic, or spontaneous and stressful situation. I understand some of this, when it comes to the men, as they are coddled way too much as kids, and given a very unhealthy degree of entitlement, and that feeling of being "oh so special", and it is based on nothing but gender, which is inane. But, the women? Most are far more mature than the men, but certainly not all! That is why when asked, I always counsel really taking your time to get to know a woman here, before making any sort of long term commitment. If it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are problems, issues, and a lack of emotional development that you need to be aware of, they will reveal themselves over time. 

Of course these are generalizations, and there are some Thais that stand head and shoulders above the pack. Fortunately, I am married to one, who is highly developed emotionally. But, she is the eldest, and I am convinced that has alot to do with it. She was given alot of tasks and responsibilities growing up, and her parents were strict, and are truly outstanding people. 

I too am married to a Thai who is the eldest in her family and agree with your general sentiment other than I would have said "eldest girl in the family".

However, although she fits your criteria exactly, she does still have her moments of incredible naivety. I find it cute and endearing, it's one of the reasons I love her and Thai women so much.

3 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Doesn't take much for the TVF brigade to get offended and start babbling on about Thais

On many occasions I would agree with your comment, however after watching the clip there is no doubt in my mind and I am far from being a prude, that his explicit actions to a young child were inappropriate.

I have a young daughter under three years and would not have tolerated him doing it to her, however I would not have taken her to such an event in the first place,

Presumably making the male serving staff dress up as women and do these silly dances in front of the public was the restaurant owner's idea and the provocative dance was in some way connected to the restaurant's name HOI and its crude meaning.
For punishment and by way of apology, the owner should be made to dress up and dance like that.

Archived