Kasikorn Bank can't confirm UK pension comes from abroad?

30 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nightmare for the banks also to provide a letter, what happens if some say Intl some not, etc etc, irate falang, maybe they will charge for the extra hassle

The whole thing could become a bureaucratic nightmare if executed to the point.

Prepare for even longer queues.

• Like 2

Yep, the Bai Rap Rong works but only if show directly from an international bank, as mentioned they can't confirm if it's come via an interbank transfer, ie Transferwise or the UK government who use an intermediary bank first.

• Like 2

Just a quick clarification, I'm with Bangkok Bank and I transfer money into from the UK using transferwise. I can confirm that on the Bangkok Bank app my transfer shows as an "International Transfer". Hope that is useful info

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I checked with my credit union in US where I've banked for 30 years and have been counter transferring through Bangkok Bangkok bank by Visa Debit counter transfer for 20 years, then transfer down hall to SCB. I ask about International transfers by SWIFT code to my account. No can do. They can wire international, but must call them on phone to do and there is a total of $66.00 per international wire. So my combination plan is not sure thing. Changing Government deposit plans takes both directions. Is many one else in US using a Credit Union?

Can anyone confirm that Transfer wise definitely shows up as a monies coming in from abroad?
Only at the bank which initially receives it which is seemingly Bangkok Bank though someone else seems to have mentioned it going to TMB

If your account is at the bank in Thailand that TW initially sends to then no problem. But if at another bank they will receive itas a fomestic transfet from the first bank. You would need to get a letter from the 1st receiving bank (the 1st bank in Thailand that the funds go to) to establish that the funds came from abroad and were then sent to your account at Bank X. Your own Bank will have no way of knowing this, their records will only show that it was transferred in trom another Thai bank.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Whenever I transfer money from overseas into my kbank account , I always get remmitance email from kbank advising of international transfer, rate they applied and fees. Surely can use these emails , just print it. If you do not get it, might be easier to ask to have email notifications than to ask for confirmation letter or for them to change codes. 

Hi I like the OP went to Kasikorn today.
I was told all the codes are in the back of your kasikorn book  (See attachment). Relevant codes what they reffer to are highlighted in red.

It seems that the entry from Transferwise as previously stated comes up in the BANK STATEMENT as DUMMY BRANCH MCL07206
07206 code according to the back of the book code definition = Deduct / Receive Other Transfers. (OK other transfers, But not International)

In the BANK BOOK (Mine anyway) has the Transferwise entry has the Kasikorn code 7416 =Stock trading Suppliers. (Excuse my language) i did not notice this untill i got home or i would have asked the Kasikorn staff to explain it.

The actual code for International Incoming International Transactions is 05027.
The international code 05027 that would in my opinion satisfy the Thai Immigration when showing the bank book entries
So it looks like either you loose a chunk of money and send it from your bank in UK and face higher charges, or move over to sending it to BKK Via Transferwise (If you are using them).

The problem is you have to start from the beginning, my extension of stay is due for renewal in May so if i change to having  the income going in to BKK, i will only have 4 months of income to show Jan Feb Mar & Apr Would that be enough (Genuine question for any body good enough to say yes or no.)

Any way i hope this has helped in some way.
By the way i am a UK citizen so it may be different to other nationalities 
Regards
TB
Ps if the image is to small or big i will resize it but until i have uploaded it and took a peek i wont know .

Kasikorn-codes-rear-of-book.jpg.75a51c530affbaa02be924281471075a.jpg
I can't see the code on the list for my transfer from Starling bank. Depending on the process they could apply the wrong code. I was going to go to Kasikorn today, i decided to wait until the dust settles

I understand that a company called Revolut show exchange rates close to TransferWise ...I have no information how their transfers show ...may be worth looking into

This is gbp to thb ...
No, Revolut give poor exchange rates especially at the weekend. THB is an illiquid currency same as Russian ruble

I understand that a company called Revolut show exchange rates close to TransferWise ...I have no information how their transfers show ...may be worth looking into

This is gbp to thb ...
Transferwise gives you the mid rate and it doesn't change after you made the transaction. That's what makes it attractive. Your bank will exchange at the baht buying rate not the mid rate so you're paying more with a swift transfer.

No, Revolut give poor exchange rates especially at the weekend. THB is an illiquid currency same as Russian ruble
Guaranteed midrate from transferwise. Whatever is showing on the screen before you do the transaction is guaranteed. It matches exactly what you will see on XE currency.Screenshot_20190108-182404_TransferWise.jpegScreenshot_20190108-182453_TransferWise.jpegScreenshot_20190108-182553_TransferWise.jpeg
  • Thanks 1

Guaranteed midrate from transferwise. Whatever is showing on the screen before you do the transaction is guaranteed. It matches exactly what you will see on XE currency.Screenshot_20190108-182404_TransferWise.jpeg.21d1b41239673542ea7336cceaefc9ba.jpeg&key=5417a150c40406aaceaf8cd8a3bcebe27e9a9bad190c46168cd0ef27c1314743Screenshot_20190108-182453_TransferWise.jpeg.2a24449853c9b68dbfe3372eacd4b935.jpeg&key=b865fb95b451f5f7dcdfcd7024f89a59fe5828978ed78817321b17f4c9dfc00eScreenshot_20190108-182553_TransferWise.jpeg.045af05f83bb5369b3669069003c2d52.jpeg&key=4cca07e99bac97b3db520de9f3b92b5f194f54b15b97d817db68e8555569b140
It seems that is different to the rate you get using Revolut card for purchases and cash withdrawals

The FX transfer companies don’t have their own bank routing systems, so they use other banking routings systems who’s use an intermediary bank, I spoke to OFX yesterday who’s rates are nearly as good as TransferWise and they use Barclays routing system who’s intermediary bank is Bangkok bank. I’m going use them in future.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

BTW I tried to contact TransferWise and could not find a customer service number, I won’t be using them.

As I have commented on the latest mega-thread, I would have thought it possible to establish a trail for a TransferWise transfer from one’s home bank account to one’s Thai bank account, regardless of how it is coded at the Thai end, via (1) a home bank account statement indicating the initial debit to TransferWise, and (2) the TransferWise confirmation report which indicates the amount paid (equalling the home bank account debit) and, subsequently, the amount of the THB conversion plus details of the Thai bank account which is to be credited, for verification against the passbook in due course. Certainly it is my intention, when I eventually ask my bank for a certification letter, to arm myself with copies of relevant home bank account statements and TransferWise confirmation reports, in addition to my Thai bank passbook.

It's a tough route to go, from your banks perspective all they see is a local transfer from the intermediary bank and may refuse to give you the certificate required. You may have to explain to immigration yourself. Much better to have an account with the fund transfer companies intermediary bank. A whole lot simpler. The extension process can be diffcult enough why complicate matters. If they allow next time they probably won't the following year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On the website, at the bottom of every page, is an option "Help Centre". Click on it and you will see an option "Contact Us" on the right hand side, second line down of the page. Click on this and you will see options to email, chat(live) or phone.
Thanks for that, I found out what the issue was, I wasn't logged on.

• Like 1

They have already detailed what is acceptableIMG_6254.PNG.3f4565d93f7a01e363c59185d39d041c.PNG

and OAJS's idea is unlikely to be accepted.

bank letter + 12 month statement = 30 ~ 60 seconds to check, IO accepted 
the suggested method above very much longer, IO says "where is the bank letter and statement, come back when you have them, Next please"
But they don't understand the complexities of transfers coming in from abroad from various sources. Instructions are too simplistic
  • Like 1

The problem I have, is that the entire staff of my local KBank in rural Khampaeng Phet Phet have a smaller combined vocabulary than my neighbours 13 year old daughter. And there are about 10 of them.
Call the Kbank call centre while your in the bank, I've been impressed with there English they will explain it to the local staff.

• Like 1

A previous post said he uses TW there and it doesn't show as an overseas transfer, seems the only Bank that does is Bangkok Bank.
It's because most of the FX transfer companies use a bank routing system who use an intermedtirty bank, in this case Bangkok bank, all other Thai banks who finally receive the payments will see them as local payments.

Whenever I transfer money from overseas into my kbank account , I always get remmitance email from kbank advising of international transfer, rate they applied and fees. Surely can use these emails , just print it. If you do not get it, might be easier to ask to have email notifications than to ask for confirmation letter or for them to change codes. 
Won't be acceptable to immigration. Thier looking at the transfer code in your pass book to confirm it's an overseas payment and the bank to give you a letter confirming the payments came from overseas.

• Like 1