Kasikorn Bank can't confirm UK pension comes from abroad?

2 hours ago, itgilman said:

I am a UK citizen about to renew my retirement visa here in Chiang Mai. My UK bank transfers a portion of my pension each month, and I get an online letter from them confirming the transfer which includes both my UK account number and my Bangkok Bank account number where the money is received in sterling. 

I assume this will be sufficient evidence. What do you think?

Ian

Give it a try and get back to us on how you made out... :coffee1:

3 hours ago, itgilman said:

I am a UK citizen about to renew my retirement visa here in Chiang Mai. My UK bank transfers a portion of my pension each month, and I get an online letter from them confirming the transfer which includes both my UK account number and my Bangkok Bank account number where the money is received in sterling. 

Ian

You did not indicate if you have an embassy-letter obtained last year - but if you do, then your UK Pension documentation should be adequate "backup" for your embassy-letter, if they ask for backup-info (their option).

If you don't have an embassy-letter, the key for showing income will be a bank-letter verifying Monthly, International Transfers which meet the minimum needed.  That is 65K Baht/mo, if used by itself - but could be less if doing a "combo app" which also includes "seasoned money in the bank".

I am not sure (have not seen a report) if the banks and immigration have yet worked out the final format for the bank-letters to support income yet.  Your bank-book plus an account-statement stamped/signed by a bank-official might be OK unless/until they work out a specific letter format.

4 hours ago, itgilman said:

Ian

As the order amendment is written at the moment maybe not. It specifies a Thai bank statement. Do you not have the evidence on the Thai account book or a statement to show them? What you have may be a good backup if needed, but I would not be comfortable relying on it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 5:18 PM, tigerbalm said:

Hi I like the OP went to Kasikorn today.

I was told all the codes are in the back of your kasikorn book  (See attachment). Relevant codes what they reffer to are highlighted in red.

It seems that the entry from Transferwise as previously stated comes up in the BANK STATEMENT as DUMMY BRANCH MCL07206

07206 code according to the back of the book code definition = Deduct / Receive Other Transfers. (OK other transfers, But not International)

In the BANK BOOK (Mine anyway) has the Transferwise entry has the Kasikorn code 7416 =Stock trading Suppliers. <deleted>(Excuse my language) i did not notice this untill i got home or i would have asked the Kasikorn staff to explain it.

The actual code for International Incoming International Transactions is 05027.

The international code 05027 that would in my opinion satisfy the Thai Immigration when showing the bank book entries

So it looks like either you loose a chunk of money and send it from your bank in UK and face higher charges, or move over to sending it to BKK Via Transferwise (If you are using them).

The problem is you have to start from the beginning, my extension of stay is due for renewal in May so if i change to having  the income going in to BKK, i will only have 4 months of income to show Jan Feb Mar & Apr Would that be enough (Genuine question for any body good enough to say yes or no.)

Any way i hope this has helped in some way.

By the way i am a UK citizen so it may be different to other nationalities 

Regards

TB

Ps if the image is to small or big i will resize it but until i have uploaded it and took a peek i wont know .

Kasikorn-codes-rear-of-book.jpg

Just want to resurrect this as I am struggling to figure out the coding in my Kasikorn account.

I went back to my last international transfer. It is coded 5030 not 5027, and 5030 does not appear in the code list.

Anyone else have this?? It was a SWIFT transfer so should show as foreign.

Also someone else said at soem point - I forget which thread - that there was a way to get a more detailed statement online. I am unable to find a way that does that. I have tried downloading but what I get has no more detail than what I see online, which does nto identify between domestic and international transfers. ??

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Just want to resurrect this as I am struggling to figure out the coding in my Kasikorn account.

I went back to my last international transfer. It is coded 5030 not 5027, and 5030 does not appear in the code list.

Also someone else said at soem point - I forget which thread - that there was a way to get a more detailed statement online. I am unable to find a way that does that. I have tried downloading but what I get has no more detail than what I see online, which does nto identify between domestic and international transfers. ??

I did a SWIFT 2 weeks ago Sheryl from UK and it’s showing as 05027

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I had a couple of Transferwise deposits last year that were coded 5027 - but they'd used Kasikorn as the local partner.  Others using TMB or BBL were coded as "dummy" 7416 or more recently 7206.

So from the 2 above posts and my experience Kasikiorn codes foreign transfers as 5017. Nowhere on the bankbook code list does this appear so there is no way an IO can tell this means intl transfer (even assuming they are prepared to try to unravel code meanings and look at the tiny print.). Nowhere does Kasikorn use "FTT" as Bangkok Bank is reported to.

I would really suggest anyone using Kasikorn, or other bank where international transfers are not clearly coded in a manner easy for IO to identify, to ask the bank to provide that information in the letter they issue.

40 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

So from the 2 above posts and my experience Kasikiorn codes foreign transfers as 5017. Nowhere on the bankbook code list does this appear so there is no way an IO can tell this means intl transfer (even assuming they are prepared to try to unravel code meanings and look at the tiny print.). Nowhere does Kasikorn use "FTT" as Bangkok Bank is reported to.

I would really suggest anyone using Kasikorn, or other bank where international transfers are not clearly coded in a manner easy for IO to identify, to ask the bank to provide that information in the letter they issue.

Hi Sheryl. I use K Cyber for my log in. Then account manager from options and Statement enquiry. 

It shows the transactions as TFN 05027 international trade and factor centre. 

Ill check later but I’m sure my online app shows it too as an international transfer and you it send it directly to your email in seconded. 

I apologise if I’m teaching you to suck eggs as o believe this shows what they want to see. 

On 2/6/2019 at 4:00 PM, ballpoint said:

Kasikorn Bank uses TFN05027 - 05032 as its "International Transction" (sic) code:

image.png.d869cb108848b507de45cea1c39a8c70.png

That list is exactly what Ive been searching for ... for many days.

Thanks for posting.  My account book's list and other posted lists not include all the international codes. Gonna print this and take to immigration when renewing. Sorted .. errrrrrr I think. 

No idea why all the posts that you gotta move to Bangkok Bank and use TW. Spooked me.

Soon immigration will be experts on bank transaction codes but nice to have it printed out.

I suspect all the codes will show on internet banking which Ive just applied for today but this list good info. 

I wont get 12 inward monthly payments in but they have been ordered to be lenient the first year and accept fewer imports.  I must print put BJs letter that says allowances be made. Previously I did 2 or 3 large transfers in a year.

What a performance. 800k route as a plan B hopefully not needed after first year if it all ok.

10 minutes ago, PAWNEESE said:

Thanks for posting.  My account book's list and other posted lists not include all the international codes. Gonna print this and take to immigration when renewing. Sorted .. errrrrrr I think. 

No idea why all the posts that you gotta move to Bangkok Bank and use TW. Spooked me.

Soon immigration will be experts on bank transaction codes but nice to have it printed out.

I suspect all the codes will show on internet banking which Ive just applied for today but this list good info. 

I wont get 12 inward monthly payments in but they have been ordered to be lenient the first year and accept fewer imports.  I must print put BJs letter that says allowances be made. Previously I did 2 or 3 large transfers in a year.

What a performance. 800k route as a plan B hopefully not needed after first year if it all ok.

The list I pasted came from a pdf that K-bank sent me when I requested a statement using their app.  I've attached the full pdf here.

channel_bankuse.pdf

Edited by ballpoint
  • Thanks 1

Wow. Ballpoint. Your a star.

Many thanks

I will put PDF on my phone to flash under Immigration Officers nose if needed.

Im sorted .. providing rules not change again. The 4 countries citizens needing to show 65k or more income from abroad a big contrast to ALL the rest proving income that need not come anywhere near Thailand .......a HUGE difference in fact.

.... never been discrimated against before ????????????????

Edited by PAWNEESE

6 minutes ago, PAWNEESE said:

My TW transfers to Kasikorn only show as 05027 (International Transaction) when they use Kasikorn as their local banking partner (as shown on the TW receipt pdf).

If they use BBL then it gets coded as 07416 (Stock Trading) or more recently 07206 (Receive Other Transfer). 

"My TW transfers to Kasikorn only show as 05027 (International Transaction) when they use Kasikorn as their local banking partner (as shown on the TW receipt pdf). If they use BBL then it gets coded as 07416 (Stock Trading) or more recently 07206 (Receive Other Transfer)."

I have no idea but now I got all the codes meanings  .. I can see ALL my internet requested transfers over the past 2 or 3 years show very clearly they from my UK bank. Well to be acurate .. thats its an international transfer ... Probably also before that but old bank books destroyed.

Phew .. all good. I can stick with Kasikorn.

I always send in pounds not let Lloyds do the exchange .. They always give 2 auto warnings I will lose money and create a delay.  BS .. they want to make money on the exchange rate.  Banks suck.

It might be if sending in baht it not get TFN code ... pounds arriving down them wires to be exchanged gonna generate some different code. ????????????

Edited by PAWNEESE

1 hour ago, PAWNEESE said:

If they use BBL then it gets coded as 07416 (Stock Trading) or more recently 07206 (Receive Other Transfer)."

Go to Kasikorn Bank and ask for a “Credit Advice” on one of these transactions... If the sender is listed as TransferWise (albeit from a local account) along with your TW receipt from the same day showing the funds originating from abroad together should be sufficient proof of foreign transfer... Please post a post a copy of your credit advice here as it would help us all know if this option is viable...

763A5B30-FAFF-4580-AFF9-839CC0ADED4E.jpeg

Edited by sfokevin

Its argueably now more adviseable to keep a close track of bank account(s).  Getting passbook updates not always convenient.

For Info ...

Kasikorns Cyber (online banking) site does NOT seem to like Android default browser (Chrome). I have found many sites dont work with Chrome. Including some features on my English bank site.

But I still persevered struggling to get it to accept my new user name and password. After 2 hours and phone calls to Kbank I remembered. Durrrrrrrr ! tooo many beers over the years. ????

Had to download and use a different browser. I downloaded Firefox and it works a treat.

Errrrrrrr except Firefox has very annoying features. I.e Its possible to download your account history for offline use/printing. But when I try to do that .. Firefox asks for permission to access my photos and files. What the Ferk !!!!! WHY !!!!!!!!

I say NO .. and the download wont occur. I got rid of Firefox before because of this VERY annoying feature. So no printout possible with my set up .. so passbook only printed record.  

I might have to dust off my crappy old Windows laptop to get a print out if I feel the need. The internet bank shows in lovely big bold letters in full International Transation Deposit. But IOs will know the codes in passbook very soon.

So dont struggle with Kbank with Chrome ... in my experience it wont work.

Edited by PAWNEESE

6 minutes ago, PAWNEESE said:

Kasikorns Cyber (online banking) site does NOT seem to like Android default browser (Chrome).

Both my Apple Mac and IPad access Kasikorns website fine via Safari... The App seemed to only allow one device (preferably your phone which you must ink the phone number to at an ATM)...

07 Feb 2019 14:02
 International Transfer,                 

This is what is listed on my account with Bangkok Bank, same  every time I send money from Australia

Edited by seajae

5 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Both my Apple Mac and IPad access Kasikorns website fine via Safari... The App seemed to only allow one device (preferably your phone which you must ink the phone number to at an ATM)...

Thanks for info.  

The problem is with Samsung's / Android "Chrome" default browser.  Amazing really as its so widely used.  Before I knew ... I once spent days trying to buy tickets for an event in Dubai. Many phone calls got me no where. Online purchase only.  On the 4th phone call the girl told me .. their system wont work with Android default browser.