Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 07:26
Pappap

Kasikorn Bank can't confirm UK pension comes from abroad?

14 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I printed off a summary of the transfer and it clearly shows it as being an amount sent in GBP (which must come from abroad). It also lists all the transfers you have done in the last year which if i did 65k a month would show clearly on one sheet of paper. Is that not sufficient evidence of a foreign transfer?

It would most like depend on where you printed the summery you refer to from?... Is the summary from Krungsri or Transferwise? Former should be fine the latter being a non a Thai source will most likely not be accepted alone... And Immigration will most likely not accept a Thai bank statement or summary you printed yourself... You will need to go to your Thai bank and get a formal printed statement from them - Make sure they put a few pretty red stamps and thier signature on it too... Immigration seems to like those...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ahab said:

It is on the picture of the bank book.

My book says 5027-5029 international payment. 

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

My book says 5027-5029 international payment. 

It was on the picture of the old Kbank book, sorry did not realize there were two pictures of kbank books.

I am a UK citizen about to renew my retirement visa here in Chiang Mai. My UK bank transfers a portion of my pension each month, and I get an online letter from them confirming the transfer which includes both my UK account number and my Bangkok Bank account number where the money is received in sterling. 

I assume this will be sufficient evidence. What do you think?

Ian

2 hours ago, itgilman said:

I am a UK citizen about to renew my retirement visa here in Chiang Mai. My UK bank transfers a portion of my pension each month, and I get an online letter from them confirming the transfer which includes both my UK account number and my Bangkok Bank account number where the money is received in sterling. 

Ian

Give it a try and get back to us on how you made out... :coffee1:

3 hours ago, itgilman said:

Ian

You did not indicate if you have an embassy-letter obtained last year - but if you do, then your UK Pension documentation should be adequate "backup" for your embassy-letter, if they ask for backup-info (their option).

If you don't have an embassy-letter, the key for showing income will be a bank-letter verifying Monthly, International Transfers which meet the minimum needed.  That is 65K Baht/mo, if used by itself - but could be less if doing a "combo app" which also includes "seasoned money in the bank".

I am not sure (have not seen a report) if the banks and immigration have yet worked out the final format for the bank-letters to support income yet.  Your bank-book plus an account-statement stamped/signed by a bank-official might be OK unless/until they work out a specific letter format.

4 hours ago, itgilman said:

Ian

As the order amendment is written at the moment maybe not. It specifies a Thai bank statement. Do you not have the evidence on the Thai account book or a statement to show them? What you have may be a good backup if needed, but I would not be comfortable relying on it.