Kasikorn Bank can't confirm UK pension comes from abroad?

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Actually your branch can contact them and obtain it for you if you can explain to them what it is you want, but I had difficulty with that initially. Once you have one to show them it is a little easier. Or just call the Call center while you are at the branch.

Thanks for the example of the Credit Advice receipt.

After accompanying one of the more senior expats to his local KK branch today, everything is now underway and arranged for him to receive these receipts following UK transfers. 

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

We can provide you with TransferWise Transfer Receipts if this will be beneficial to you.

That's as good as a Credit Advice receipt, it shows a sterling to baht transaction, but will Immigration accept them as supporting evidence.

Every transaction I've made through TW to Bangkok Bank details as FTT, so no such problem with BKK.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That's as good as a Credit Advice receipt

I think a credit advise from a Thai bank (with a couple pretty red stamps in it) would carry more weight with TI than the TransferWise .pdf receipt that could be easily manipulated... I would arm myself with both along with a copy of your home county bank showing the funds leaving... ????

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

I think a credit advise from a Thai bank (with a couple pretty red stamps in it) would carry more weight with TI than the TransferWise .pdf receipt that could be easily manipulated... I would arm myself with both along with a copy of your home county bank showing the funds leaving... ????

If like my friend who has 3 separate pensions a month paid directly into KK (show as TRN), then that's 36 credit advice notes for a 12 month period. I don't think Immigration has a clue of the extra documents that are about to fall in their laps.

I suspect many expats have more than one pension paid monthly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If like my friend who has 3 separate pensions a month paid directly into KK (show as TRN), then that's 36 credit advice notes for a 12 month period. I don't think Immigration has a clue of the extra documents that are about to fall in their laps.
I suspect many expats have more than one pension paid monthly.
Don't show the Credit Advice to Imm. Show them to your local branch and ask them to incorporate the transfer details into their letter. Then just show the 1 letter plus bank book to Imm.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:40 PM, Sheryl said:

you may need to update more than a couple of times a year if yo uhave a ot of transactions.

After a certain number of transactions the update will automatically combine them into a single code. You can request a separate detailed printout but you miss the chance to have the bank book show what it needs to show. has happened to me several times. Last time after less than 2 month since prior update.

Would it make  sense to have two accounts? One used to receive the monthly transfer of 65,000 baht to use to report to TI and then have a second account that you transfer most of the money from acct one to for your daily use as needed? Then you just have to show the deposit activity from acct #1 each year for the extension. Would that make things easier?

• Like 1

My apologies if this has already been picked up earlier in this thread.

I notice that transfers into my account are simply identified as "TRN" in my Kasikorn Bank book. However when i just now checked my account online via the KCyber online banking route, in the section "Account Management" /  "Statement Enquiry" foreign transfers made by me from my bank in the UK direct into my Kasikorn bank account is clearly visible as: "international Trade and Factoring Centre TFNXXXXXX. But my UK Government pension, which is paid directly into my account is identifeid as "Domestic Money Transfer BNTXXXX".

Would I be right in assuming that this is because my UK pension is paid into the Kasikorn Bank Head office and is then transferred onwards to my CM account (hence a "Domestic Money Transfer). Can I ask Kasikorn to identify the payment from now on as an International Payment?

By the way, 6 months accounts are available for copying.

Regards,

Joe

12 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

My apologies if this has already been picked up earlier in this thread.

I notice that transfers into my account are simply identified as "TRN" in my Kasikorn Bank book. However when i just now checked my account online via the KCyber online banking route, in the section "Account Management" /  "Statement Enquiry" foreign transfers made by me from my bank in the UK direct into my Kasikorn bank account is clearly visible as: "international Trade and Factoring Centre TFNXXXXXX. But my UK Government pension, which is paid directly into my account is identifeid as "Domestic Money Transfer BNTXXXX".

Would I be right in assuming that this is because my UK pension is paid into the Kasikorn Bank Head office and is then transferred onwards to my CM account (hence a "Domestic Money Transfer). Can I ask Kasikorn to identify the payment from now on as an International Payment?

By the way, 6 months accounts are available for copying.

Regards,

Joe

I think all foreign transfer come in through the Head Office so that will not be why.

Possibly the pension is being sent first to a different bank in Thailand which then transfers it to your bank. Can you check with the Office that sends the pension?

Others seem to have mentioned the same thing.

• Like 1

Yes, OK and thanks.

I think that somewhere I might have the original paperwork from 6 or 7 years ago, when I first set up the transfer. I'll also check with the Pension Service and with Kasokorn bank. If I find out anything useful, I'll add it to this thread.

Regards,

Joe

12 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Would it make  sense to have two accounts? One used to receive the monthly transfer of 65,000 baht to use to report to TI and then have a second account that you transfer most of the money from acct one to for your daily use as needed? Then you just have to show the deposit activity from acct #1 each year for the extension. Would that make things easier? 

Yes i agree. I have decided to have my 800k in a Krungsri account (to get decent interest rates) and open a Bangkok Bank account to receive my 65k a month (hopefully showing it as from a foreign bank). So if there is any problem with immigration qualifying on either basis i have the other one to show them.

7 minutes ago, oxmermaid said:

Kbank are in the process of informing Immigration of this fact and are also considering itemising the international transfers together with the bank balance into a single letter for you to include with your annual visa extension paperwork.

That could include TW and would be by far the best way I can see. :smile:

20 minutes ago, oxmermaid said:

For those of you using Transferwise (TW) to transfer funds I have had two long conversations with Kbank.

Thanks for posting this, as a matter of interest who, or at least which department, were you talking to in Kasikorn?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Yes i agree. I have decided to have my 800k in a Krungsri account (to get decent interest rates) and open a Bangkok Bank account to receive my 65k a month (hopefully showing it as from a foreign bank). So if there is any problem with immigration qualifying on either basis i have the other one to show them.

Good idea Henry. I hadn't considered an account in two different banks but that would be the best situation and basically solve any situation with TI. Thanks for the idea!

Can I ask what country you are from? I only ask as the US govt requires us to notify them if we have $10,0000 (US) dollars overseas. I didn't know if all countries required that notification.

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Possibly the pension is being sent first to a different bank in Thailand which then transfers it to your bank. Can you check with the Office that sends the pension?

I believe direct pensions payments from either government or private sector are first transferred into the Bank of Thailand, then distributed to your bank, which is why they show as local payments.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Don't show the Credit Advice to Imm. Show them to your local branch and ask them to incorporate the transfer details into their letter. Then just show the 1 letter plus bank book to Imm.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Got it!

By the way, the new order clearly states a letter and 'bank statements', not bank book as previously requested.

Shoeless Joe stated his KK passbook shows international transfers as 'TRN' (local), but on his online bank statements it's shown as 'International', so perhaps Immigration were already aware of certain bank coding issues, hence the deliberate request for 'bank statements' as opposed to 'bank book'.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, oxmermaid said:

For those of you using Transferwise (TW) to transfer funds I have had two long conversations with Kbank.

The transfers will be placed in one of 3 TW Thai bank affilaites namely BBL, TMB or KBANK. If it is received by KBANK then the bank book/statement entry shows as  'INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FACTORING CENTER TFNxxxxx' so that is good. If the transfer is through one of the other two banks then the cash book/statement entry show as 'DUMMY BRANCH MCL07206' and this at first sight is a problem.

Kbank told me that the 07206 means that the transfer originated from overseas. 

Kbank are in the process of informing Immigration of this fact and are also considering itemising the international transfers together with the bank balance into a single letter for you to include with your annual visa extension paperwork.

I am not holding my breath on this but I thought that I would let people in a similar situation know my take on things.

Codes from latest transfers with transferwise to Kbank

August: INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FACTORING CENTER TFN05030

Sept: INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FACTORING CENTER TFN05030

Okt: DUMMY BRANCH MCL07206

Nov:DUMMY BRANCH MCL07206

Dec: DUMMY BRANCH MCL07416

Sure they can see its international transfers, bud the coding is a mess.

51 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I don't understand?... If you have the 800K already sitting in a Thai bank account why do you even bother with all the hoops needed for the 65K income method?...

Edited by sfokevin

5 minutes ago, hansan5 said:

Codes from latest transfers with transferwise to Kbank

August: INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FACTORING CENTER TFN05030

Sept: INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FACTORING CENTER TFN05030

Okt: DUMMY BRANCH MCL07206

Nov:DUMMY BRANCH MCL07206

Dec: DUMMY BRANCH MCL07416

Sure they can see its international transfers, bud the coding is a mess.

Is that information shown in your KK passbook, or on 'bank statements'.

hansan5, I agree the coding is a mess, but the branch showed me a text translation saying that the codes were being 'rationalised' as they recently expanded the suffix (i.e MCLxxxxx) from 4 to 5 digits and are 'in the process' of implementing 'narrative changes'

Not holding my breath on that one either

Edited by oxmermaid
spelling
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, oxmermaid said:

Tanoshi, mine was from my Kcyber statement > print option

Yes, clearly understood.

I'm trying to determine if the KK 'bank statements' are offering more information as to the source, than the passbook offers.

Note, the new Immigration order clearly states 'bank statements' + letter, so the passbook and any codes are immaterial.

Under the new order it will be the information on bank statements that is of importance for the future.

Tanoshi, agreed about statements being required. My concern is that unless TI see the word 'International' in a credit transfer they MAY choose to ignore that entry for purposes of the income calculations. Hence the need for Kbank to let TI know what the AAAxxxxx format codes mean.

Edited by oxmermaid
credit not debit
  • Like 1