Kasikorn Bank can't confirm UK pension comes from abroad?

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Yes i agree. I have decided to have my 800k in a Krungsri account (to get decent interest rates) and open a Bangkok Bank account to receive my 65k a month (hopefully showing it as from a foreign bank). So if there is any problem with immigration qualifying on either basis i have the other one to show them.

Belt and braces, you are fortunate. But in reality the 800k alone will suffice!

For those of you using Transferwise (TW) to transfer funds I have had two long conversations with Kbank.

The transfers will be placed in one of 3 TW Thai bank affilaites namely BBL, TMB or KBANK. If it is received by KBANK then the bank book/statement entry shows as  'INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FACTORING CENTER TFNxxxxx' so that is good. If the transfer is through one of the other two banks then the cash book/statement entry show as 'DUMMY BRANCH MCL07206' and this at first sight is a problem.

Kbank told me that the 07206 means that the transfer originated from overseas. 

Kbank are in the process of informing Immigration of this fact and are also considering itemising the international transfers together with the bank balance into a single letter for you to include with your annual visa extension paperwork.

I am not holding my breath on this but I thought that I would let people in a similar situation know my take on things.
Thanks, that is good nrws. Though I suspect people will have to cakl the head office to get this explained to their lical branch.

A single bank letter for Imm is certainly best. IOs are not likely to be willing to wade through stacks of documents, esoecially foreign ones.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have not read the previous pages but just a point about TransferWise, they use a borderless system to transfer your funds so they have their own accounts in the UK and their own accounts in various other countries, they appear to transfer your funds using their accounts so it transfer appears to come from in this case Thailand rather than from abroad.

18 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

That's as good as a Credit Advice receipt, it shows a sterling to baht transaction, but will Immigration accept them as supporting evidence.

Every transaction I've made through TW to Bangkok Bank details as FTT, so no such problem with BKK.

Which is fine IF you bank with BKK Bank as I used to when I lived in BKK.

However I moved up here 14 years ago to rural Khampaeng Phet and the nearest (and only) bank in the village was KBank 6 km away and BBKK was in Khampaeng Phet 65 km away and still is.

I went over to TW in October last year and then this storm blew up so next week I will see if I can open a new sole account with internet banking with BBKK.

15 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Would it make  sense to have two accounts? One used to receive the monthly transfer of 65,000 baht to use to report to TI and then have a second account that you transfer most of the money from acct one to for your daily use as needed? Then you just have to show the deposit activity from acct #1 each year for the extension. Would that make things easier?

That is what I do currently at KBank.

The transfers go to my sole account (to keep Immigration happy) and I just transfer it to our joint account where I pay all the bills from.

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:
2 hours ago, hansan5 said:

Codes from latest transfers with transferwise to Kbank

August: INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FACTORING CENTER TFN05030

Sept: INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FACTORING CENTER TFN05030

Okt: DUMMY BRANCH MCL07206

Nov:DUMMY BRANCH MCL07206

Dec: DUMMY BRANCH MCL07416

Sure they can see its international transfers, bud the coding is a mess.

Is that information shown in your KK passbook, or on 'bank statements'.

Bank statements, never use passbook.

41 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

You mentioned Kasikorn told you that the 07206 means that the transfer originated from overseas

From the back of my Kasikorn Bank book (See Attachment) it is the code 05027 International Transfer, that would seem more in keeping with a overseas incoming Transfer

Take a look what is your opinion ?.

Regards

TB

Kasikorn-codes-rear-of-book.jpg

I've had all of the above highlighted codes over the past 15 months.. Only 05027 shows as Intl,  the others as Dummy, whether via SWIFT or local bank transfer, and irrespective of the banking partner. 

"Perhaps" Kbank will be able to confirm they all represent an incoming international payment to the satisfaction of Immigration, or to create a new code specifying such, or they may lose a significant number of customers to BBL.

• Like 1

Some excellent help here, thank you. Decided to open a Bangkok Bank A/C but sent a last test run to Kasikorn via Swift to see how much extra it would cost, and code used, rather a pleasant surprise, sent 1000 in pounds from Barclays and did a TW quote at the same time, it arrived two days later, (yesterday, sent Wed) did another TW quote on day of arrival, I would have received 121baht more from TW on the Wed and 70 more on the day of arrival and Barclays only charged me 8pounds for the transfer. So I can happily accept that…the code was TFN05030 which from a post above can be shown as foreign income so that’s hopefully Kasikorn sorted with no great extra expense or hassle. Have sent a transfer to Bangkok Bank so will see what the income and code is from that, obviously UK pension will be sent direct to UK bank and then transferred on. Uk pension also arrived at Kasikorn the same day with an exchange rate of 40.41, from Barclays I got 40.44. So income for both transactions about .3 below mid as it usually is with UK pension.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pappap said:

Some excellent help here, thank you. Decided to open a Bangkok Bank A/C but sent a last test run to Kasikorn via Swift to see how much extra it would cost, and code used, rather a pleasant surprise, sent 1000 in pounds from Barclays and did a TW quote at the same time, it arrived two days later, (yesterday, sent Wed) did another TW quote on day of arrival, I would have received 121baht more from TW on the Wed and 70 more on the day of arrival and Barclays only charged me 8pounds for the transfer. So I can happily accept that…the code was TFN05030 which from a post above can be shown as foreign income so that’s hopefully Kasikorn sorted with no great extra expense or hassle. Have sent a transfer to Bangkok Bank so will see what the income and code is from that, obviously UK pension will be sent direct to UK bank and then transferred on. Uk pension also arrived at Kasikorn the same day with an exchange rate of 40.41, from Barclays I got 40.44. So income for both transactions about .3 below mid as it usually is with UK pension.

I’ve not seen the code TFN05030 written anywhere that confirms an International transaction. Apologies if I missed the post. 

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

I’ve not seen the code TFN05030 written anywhere that confirms an International transaction. Apologies if I missed the post. 

Hi this was post 349 so I'm just going by this?

Bank statements, never use passboo

2 hours ago, oxmermaid said:

tigerbalm,  my 6 month old Kbank book has a revised set of codes which could possibly mean the codes are in a state of flux.

Interesting times ahead.

WP_20190112_14_53_42_Rich_LI.jpg

WP_20190112_14_54_56_Rich_LI.jpg

Hi.

The book i have predates that book, so it's an old book using the old codes which doesn't make sense to me, i am wondering if i need to get a new book to get the new codes, looks like another trip to Kasikorn.

Im off to immigration as well next week to find out where my 90 Day Report that i posted off on the 27th December has got to, have not had it back yet which is worrying , i have a few questions to ask like what happens to the 65K if you go back to your country of birth for a couple of months do you still have to send it to your Thai Bank account in Thailand.

Also i am thinking if i Take my bank Book down there and ask them if the Confusing codes that are in my Book is acceptable for a proof of income from over seas (Using Transferwise that is)

This whole Codes in the bank book thing is really confusing , well to me at least, i read some where on the immigration forum some where that people are now talking about it is the bank statements they are wanting to see and not the bank book.

Talk about confusion.

Some thing else i will have to ask Immigration.

Regards

TB

1 hour ago, Pappap said:

Hi this was post 349 so I'm just going by this?

Bank statements, never use passboo

Ok fair enough. I was meaning as on the back of the bank book. 

I intend to do exactly as you have done before switching to BKK to test the system so thanks for the heads up. 

Indulge my stupid question for a moment.  Is it absolutely written in stone that the transfer has to be shown as coming from overseas?  It seems the IMPORTANT thing is that you deposit the required amount. Are they REALLY going to care where the money comes from? You can't work, so it follows that the money has got to come from outside Thailand. Are we conflating a small point into a very large point, or are they actually THAT obsessive over their rules?  Has ANYONE been rejected yet for lack of an "FTT" stamp in their bankbook? Further, has ANYONE tried out the Immigration promise of "working with us" as the new procedure is implemented?  In my case, I will be married in March and my next extension of stay is in October. I will only have about seven months of transfers of 40 thousand baht to show them. The rest of the money is in my credit union in America. I don't want to go through the dog and pony show of trying to show my income and then being forced to use an agent. Have there been any REAL WORLD experiences to illustrate what happens in cases like mine? I have been getting extensions with no problem for three years until the American embassy decided to throw a temper tantrum. Surely, out of the many Americans and British who are getting extensions each month, SOMEONE has an experience to share. For my part, I would reluctantly go straight to an agent, rather than haggle with IO personnel, who may or may not be familiar with the new procedures. Keep your flames to yourself, I am looking for real experiences, based on similar situations. My IO is Chonburi.  Thank you.

7 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Indulge my stupid question for a moment.  Is it absolutely written in stone that the transfer has to be shown as coming from overseas?  It seems the IMPORTANT thing is that you deposit the required amount. Are they REALLY going to care where the money comes from? You can't work, so it follows that the money has got to come from outside Thailand. Are we conflating a small point into a very large point, or are they actually THAT obsessive over their rules?  Has ANYONE been rejected yet for lack of an "FTT" stamp in their bankbook? Further, has ANYONE tried out the Immigration promise of "working with us" as the new procedure is implemented?  In my case, I will be married in March and my next extension of stay is in October. I will only have about seven months of transfers of 40 thousand baht to show them. The rest of the money is in my credit union in America. I don't want to go through the dog and pony show of trying to show my income and then being forced to use an agent. Have there been any REAL WORLD experiences to illustrate what happens in cases like mine? I have been getting extensions with no problem for three years until the American embassy decided to throw a temper tantrum. Surely, out of the many Americans and British who are getting extensions each month, SOMEONE has an experience to share. For my part, I would reluctantly go straight to an agent, rather than haggle with IO personnel, who may or may not be familiar with the new procedures. Keep your flames to yourself, I am looking for real experiences, based on similar situations. My IO is Chonburi.  Thank you.

Not many real experiences at this point 13 days into the new year, with extension letters from the US Embassy issued in December being good for the next six months. My extension is due for renewal in August otherwise I would have used the extension letter. My Navy pension is transferred into my Bangkok Bank account in Buriram and it shows an FTT code for the transfer (this works for ACH transfers which are going away in April of this year, and TransferWise transfers). So my plan is to go to my bank and get a statement showing the last year of transfers (this costs 100 baht) and use that to verify my income.

Although it is illegal to work, many do and there needs to be evidence that the money came from abroad. Seven months of transfers should be good if they want to work with you. Good luck.

21 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Belt and braces, you are fortunate. But in reality the 800k alone will suffice!

Yes i know but i prefer to play safe

a) In case the rules change again and the 800k cask alone is not acceptable

b) If i have a unexpected large bill near the time of my visa renewal and my cash drops below 800k.

BTW i have just done a Transferwise transfer to my Krungsri account. I printed off a summary of the transfer and it clearly shows it as being an amount sent in GBP (which must come from abroad). It also lists all the transfers you have done in the last year which if i did 65k a month would show clearly on one sheet of paper. Is that not sufficient evidence of a foreign transfer?

Edited by Henryford
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I printed off a summary of the transfer and it clearly shows it as being an amount sent in GBP (which must come from abroad). It also lists all the transfers you have done in the last year which if i did 65k a month would show clearly on one sheet of paper. Is that not sufficient evidence of a foreign transfer?

It would most like depend on where you printed the summery you refer to from?... Is the summary from Krungsri or Transferwise? Former should be fine the latter being a non a Thai source will most likely not be accepted alone... And Immigration will most likely not accept a Thai bank statement or summary you printed yourself... You will need to go to your Thai bank and get a formal printed statement from them - Make sure they put a few pretty red stamps and thier signature on it too... Immigration seems to like those...

• Like 1

I am a UK citizen about to renew my retirement visa here in Chiang Mai. My UK bank transfers a portion of my pension each month, and I get an online letter from them confirming the transfer which includes both my UK account number and my Bangkok Bank account number where the money is received in sterling. 

I assume this will be sufficient evidence. What do you think?

Ian