BANGKOK 19 March 2019 16:55
Pappap

Kasikorn Bank can't confirm UK pension comes from abroad?

If the funds are sent from a foreign bank, then you could ask the sending bank to give you a copy of the MT103, this would show the details needed.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Pappap said:

Sorry yes into Bangkok Bank.

I have read here on TV that yes, to Bangkok Bank Transferwise shows up as a FTT, or International transfer. Although one post suggested 2/12 transfers did not! Those odd ones may hurt an Extension application.

It may also depend on origin.

Edited by jacko45k
attempt to clarify

Transferwise is not a foreign swift transfer. When you transfer pounds from the UK for instance they contact their local Thai office and they transfer baht to the local bank so how would that show up as money coming from abroad? That's why you don't get charged a transfer fee. That's why the TFW quote is exactly what is paid into your account.

Bugger, seems the only safe way is from UK bank to Thai Bank monthly, that's a few baht lost per month!!!

I have done three transfers with transferwise to my Bangkok Bank account in June, August and September.

In the internet banking the one from June can't be looked up (older than 6 months).

The latter two are shown as "international transfer".

24 Aug 2018 14:02   International Transfer      18,762.43   xxxxxxxxxxx     AUTO
    27 Sep 2018 14:05   International Transfer      38,003.45   xxxxxxxxxxx     AUTO

• Like 2

It seems that Bangkok Bank is the anomaly because it doesn't show up as international at Krungsri.

I just looked at the last TW transaction on my online account app for Krungsri Bank and it just says "transfer deposit nobook".

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

In the book the latter two appear as "FTT" which sounds good.

(foreign telex transfer?)

I just noticed that there are no book entries for March to August. A gap with +30000 Baht :wacko:

Update your book regularly!

Otherwise you get a "CMB", combined book update with no details!

Oh yes, I have a reminder 3 (plus a bit) months before extension renewal to update my book. That means when I do it for the extension I get a full 90 day listing. If people need to show every FTT deposit for each of 12 months that book may need dusting off more often.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Is there a statement from TI saying that the monthly income method used for extensions must come from a foreign overseas bank?

In light of embassy letters now not being issued by the UK.