BANGKOK 17 February 2019 02:10
Pappap

Kasikorn Bank can't confirm UK pension comes from abroad?

14 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I printed off a summary of the transfer and it clearly shows it as being an amount sent in GBP (which must come from abroad). It also lists all the transfers you have done in the last year which if i did 65k a month would show clearly on one sheet of paper. Is that not sufficient evidence of a foreign transfer?

It would most like depend on where you printed the summery you refer to from?... Is the summary from Krungsri or Transferwise? Former should be fine the latter being a non a Thai source will most likely not be accepted alone... And Immigration will most likely not accept a Thai bank statement or summary you printed yourself... You will need to go to your Thai bank and get a formal printed statement from them - Make sure they put a few pretty red stamps and thier signature on it too... Immigration seems to like those...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ahab said:

It is on the picture of the bank book.

My book says 5027-5029 international payment. 

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

My book says 5027-5029 international payment. 

It was on the picture of the old Kbank book, sorry did not realize there were two pictures of kbank books.

I am a UK citizen about to renew my retirement visa here in Chiang Mai. My UK bank transfers a portion of my pension each month, and I get an online letter from them confirming the transfer which includes both my UK account number and my Bangkok Bank account number where the money is received in sterling. 

I assume this will be sufficient evidence. What do you think?

Ian

2 hours ago, itgilman said:

I am a UK citizen about to renew my retirement visa here in Chiang Mai. My UK bank transfers a portion of my pension each month, and I get an online letter from them confirming the transfer which includes both my UK account number and my Bangkok Bank account number where the money is received in sterling. 

Ian

Give it a try and get back to us on how you made out... :coffee1:

3 hours ago, itgilman said:

Ian

You did not indicate if you have an embassy-letter obtained last year - but if you do, then your UK Pension documentation should be adequate "backup" for your embassy-letter, if they ask for backup-info (their option).

If you don't have an embassy-letter, the key for showing income will be a bank-letter verifying Monthly, International Transfers which meet the minimum needed.  That is 65K Baht/mo, if used by itself - but could be less if doing a "combo app" which also includes "seasoned money in the bank".

I am not sure (have not seen a report) if the banks and immigration have yet worked out the final format for the bank-letters to support income yet.  Your bank-book plus an account-statement stamped/signed by a bank-official might be OK unless/until they work out a specific letter format.

4 hours ago, itgilman said:

Ian

As the order amendment is written at the moment maybe not. It specifies a Thai bank statement. Do you not have the evidence on the Thai account book or a statement to show them? What you have may be a good backup if needed, but I would not be comfortable relying on it.

On 1/8/2019 at 5:18 PM, tigerbalm said:

Hi I like the OP went to Kasikorn today.

I was told all the codes are in the back of your kasikorn book  (See attachment). Relevant codes what they reffer to are highlighted in red.

It seems that the entry from Transferwise as previously stated comes up in the BANK STATEMENT as DUMMY BRANCH MCL07206

07206 code according to the back of the book code definition = Deduct / Receive Other Transfers. (OK other transfers, But not International)

In the BANK BOOK (Mine anyway) has the Transferwise entry has the Kasikorn code 7416 =Stock trading Suppliers. <deleted>(Excuse my language) i did not notice this untill i got home or i would have asked the Kasikorn staff to explain it.

The actual code for International Incoming International Transactions is 05027.

The international code 05027 that would in my opinion satisfy the Thai Immigration when showing the bank book entries

So it looks like either you loose a chunk of money and send it from your bank in UK and face higher charges, or move over to sending it to BKK Via Transferwise (If you are using them).

The problem is you have to start from the beginning, my extension of stay is due for renewal in May so if i change to having  the income going in to BKK, i will only have 4 months of income to show Jan Feb Mar & Apr Would that be enough (Genuine question for any body good enough to say yes or no.)

Any way i hope this has helped in some way.

By the way i am a UK citizen so it may be different to other nationalities 

Regards

TB

Ps if the image is to small or big i will resize it but until i have uploaded it and took a peek i wont know .

Kasikorn-codes-rear-of-book.jpg

Just want to resurrect this as I am struggling to figure out the coding in my Kasikorn account.

I went back to my last international transfer. It is coded 5030 not 5027, and 5030 does not appear in the code list.

Anyone else have this?? It was a SWIFT transfer so should show as foreign.

Also someone else said at soem point - I forget which thread - that there was a way to get a more detailed statement online. I am unable to find a way that does that. I have tried downloading but what I get has no more detail than what I see online, which does nto identify between domestic and international transfers. ??

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Just want to resurrect this as I am struggling to figure out the coding in my Kasikorn account.

I went back to my last international transfer. It is coded 5030 not 5027, and 5030 does not appear in the code list.

Also someone else said at soem point - I forget which thread - that there was a way to get a more detailed statement online. I am unable to find a way that does that. I have tried downloading but what I get has no more detail than what I see online, which does nto identify between domestic and international transfers. ??

I did a SWIFT 2 weeks ago Sheryl from UK and it’s showing as 05027

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I had a couple of Transferwise deposits last year that were coded 5027 - but they'd used Kasikorn as the local partner.  Others using TMB or BBL were coded as "dummy" 7416 or more recently 7206.

So from the 2 above posts and my experience Kasikiorn codes foreign transfers as 5017. Nowhere on the bankbook code list does this appear so there is no way an IO can tell this means intl transfer (even assuming they are prepared to try to unravel code meanings and look at the tiny print.). Nowhere does Kasikorn use "FTT" as Bangkok Bank is reported to.

I would really suggest anyone using Kasikorn, or other bank where international transfers are not clearly coded in a manner easy for IO to identify, to ask the bank to provide that information in the letter they issue.

Kasikorn Bank uses TFN05027 - 05032 as its "International Transction" (sic) code:

image.png.d869cb108848b507de45cea1c39a8c70.png

Edited by ballpoint
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Kasikorn Bank uses TFN05027 - 05032 as its "International Transction" (sic) code:

image.png.d869cb108848b507de45cea1c39a8c70.png

That’s what I was referring to earlier. Thanks. 

40 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

So from the 2 above posts and my experience Kasikiorn codes foreign transfers as 5017. Nowhere on the bankbook code list does this appear so there is no way an IO can tell this means intl transfer (even assuming they are prepared to try to unravel code meanings and look at the tiny print.). Nowhere does Kasikorn use "FTT" as Bangkok Bank is reported to.

I would really suggest anyone using Kasikorn, or other bank where international transfers are not clearly coded in a manner easy for IO to identify, to ask the bank to provide that information in the letter they issue.

Hi Sheryl. I use K Cyber for my log in. Then account manager from options and Statement enquiry. 

It shows the transactions as TFN 05027 international trade and factor centre. 

Ill check later but I’m sure my online app shows it too as an international transfer and you it send it directly to your email in seconded. 

I apologise if I’m teaching you to suck eggs as o believe this shows what they want to see.