Kasikorn Bank can't confirm UK pension comes from abroad?

15 hours ago, Danthai said:

I checked with my credit union in US where I've banked for 30 years and have been counter transferring through Bangkok Bangkok bank by Visa Debit counter transfer for 20 years, then transfer down hall to SCB. I ask about International transfers by SWIFT code to my account. No can do. They can wire international, but must call them on phone to do and there is a total of $66.00 per international wire. So my combination plan is not sure thing. Changing Government deposit plans takes both directions. Is many one else in US using a Credit Union?

Since the title of this thread includes "UK Pensions" you're not likely to get many people reading your post who are "in the US using a credit union."

Start a new thread in the Home Country forum mentioning US Credit Unions.

Also reread what you wrote before re-posting. Things like "then transfer down hall" or  "Changing Government deposit plans takes both directions," don't make a lot of sense even in context.

Ask your credit union if they can do ACH transfers in the IAT format. Not likely, but if they can, then open a Bangkok Bank account in Thailand and have your credit union send deposits to the New York branch of Bangkok Bank. 

If you have a U.S. bank account, you can conveniently transfer funds to a recipient's bank account at Bangkok Bank in Thailand via the internet by completing the steps described below for an international ACH transaction (IAT). International ACH payments are processed in accordance with operating rules and formats developed by the Electronic Payments Association (NACHA).

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-US-to-Thailand-via-Bangkok-Bank-NewYork-branch

As long as you have a Bangkok Bank account you will not have a problem with using Transferwise.

My bank statement transfers are shown as International Transfer.

If anyone has not got a Bangkok Bank account I would suggest opening one asap.

29 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Having enjoyed 13 years in the Kingdom it’s time to move on to pastures green , every years seems to get more difficult when applying for extension of stay.

Same same, but I am going to stick around a bit longer. It might well be obligatory medical insurance, or obligatory medical treatment that drives me to those green pastures... or back to misery land!

And as I had pointed out to me SOME regional offices do not accept this, Udon Thani was cited. Where is your Extension done?
Phuket. I have used my FCD account to renew my extension for the last 2 years.
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

TransferWise has the ability to print a PDF showing all your transfers. The PDF shows the amount, time and date of the transfer and the Bank and account number the funds are transfered to.

I would think this is sufficient backup evidence. 

TransferWise do not transfer money internationally, they have local accounts and pay it locally. 

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, NorfolkBoy said:

I bank with Bangkok Bank. MY UK government is transferred by the government and appears as a BAHTNET transfer. Transferwise payments are listed as "international transfer"

So therefore Immigration won't accept the UK gov payment as income from abroad, same prob I have with Kasikorn.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sniggie said:

Thanks for providing this. I think that this is pretty clear. For those of us who have used Transferwise for some time will be aware that their service has become quicker over time and is often next day. Clearly their current business model doesn't give any concern as to how the payment is recorded in individual Thai bank accounts. As others have pointed out it's hit and miss as to how it is shown in your account as it might on occasions come from another Thai bank account. I think that, from the middle of 2019 we may well have to revert to the 'old fashioned', slower and costlier SWIFT transfer to get the 65k over each month and use Transferwise only for extras. A pain but there it is.

As an aside I wonder if a letter from my wife stating that she would throw me out if I only brought over 65k a month would satisfy immigration!  I smile wistfully at the posts suggesting that the poster is wondering how they can possibly spend 65k a month. May I direct them to my wife for advice?      

I have spoken to OFX there rates are nearly as good as TransferWise and the Customer Service appears good, they send the money by the Barclays routing system which use Bangkok bank (never mind) as their intermediary bank, I was just about close my account with Bangkok Bank but now might keep it open as use it for evidence of my transactions using OFX, I've yet to test the system.    

14 minutes ago, colinchaffers said:

I have spoken to OFX there rates are nearly as good as TransferWise and the Customer Service appears good, they send the money by the Barclays routing system which use Bangkok bank (never mind) as their intermediary bank, I was just about close my account with Bangkok Bank but now might keep it open as use it for evidence of my transactions using OFX, I've yet to test the system.    

Thanks. I have used OFX (as UKforex) for some time before I discovered Transferwise and I still have an account with them. I will consider that option.

• Like 1

Has anyone received funds into a Bangkok Bank account from Transferwise that were NOT shown as an Intl receipt..?

I've seen many reports (plus my own experience) that other banks are hit & miss, regardless of which intermediary bank gets used, but I've only ever seen reports that BBL is always a hit.

Perhaps time to (try to) open a BBL account..?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pappap said:

In that case it wont work for the Uk pension as that is transfered to a Thai Bank first as mentioned above, ummm

You need to establish how the payment is sent, its probably sent by a banking system like Barclays, Barclays use Bangkok bank as the intermediary bank, so I suspect that if you had an account with them it would show as an international transfer.  

17 hours ago, Danthai said:

I checked with my credit union in US where I've banked for 30 years and have been counter transferring through Bangkok Bangkok bank by Visa Debit counter transfer for 20 years, then transfer down hall to SCB. I ask about International transfers by SWIFT code to my account. No can do. They can wire international, but must call them on phone to do and there is a total of $66.00 per international wire. So my combination plan is not sure thing. Changing Government deposit plans takes both directions. Is many one else in US using a Credit Union?

Yes, using a credit union. They will only do a in country transfer.  Airforce credit union, checked on Navy CU also same. I opened a Wells Fargo Acc. Get you a RSA devise from WF if you are going to use in Thailand. It saves you a lot of problems, WF has a high security system, good and bad. Will ask for authentications sometime. It produces a 6 digit code every minute to us on your acc. I opened a TransferWise world account, they give you a ACH # and Routing number so you can set it up as a in country transfer from WF to your TW acc. Then move from TW to BB. Still have my CU acc. and have my military retirement going to it. If I need just move to WF. Good to have more then one option. 

22 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I also use Kasikorn and have been getting letters form them confirming transfer of funds from abroad for years, ever since an IO required it of me for annual extension (apparently wrongly, but they did ,and to avoid problems I've just gotten it every year since). So I know the process.

It is true that Kasikorn records all transfers, domestic and international in the same way and branch staff cannot tell the difference. However, the head office generates something called a "Credit Advice" that clearly shows the path the funds took, see example below.

You can get a copy of the Credit Advances from the head office and also arrange to get them in future routinely, which you should do. Then when it comes time to get the letter from your branch, show them the Credit Advices and explain that you need that information included in the letter. Since these are official Kasikorn documents they will not have a problem accepting the info, but it may take a little discussion to explain what you need them to write. Once you get the letter keep a copy to show them the following year.  I have done this every year for more than 15 years.

Transferwise is a more complicated problem because they do not transfer directly to banks other than Bangkok Bank.  So for people with accounts elsewhere, the money comes into Bangkok Bank in Thailand and from there is a domestic transfer to another Thai bank. So only Bangkok Bank would have the record of the funds origin.

This is what a Kasikorn Credit Advice looks like:

1.thumb.jpg.d53bfa4c5cfea7040f069602102ff7b0.jpg

If you go into your Kasikorn online account under account management, statement enquiry, service channel heading the income shows up as an INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FACTORING CENTRE action with a transaction reference number.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, colinchaffers said:

The FX transfer companies don’t have their own bank routing systems, so they use other banking routings systems who’s use an intermediary bank, I spoke to OFX yesterday who’s rates are nearly as good as TransferWise and they use Barclays routing system who’s intermediary bank is Bangkok bank. I’m going use them in future.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

BTW I tried to contact TransferWise and could not find a customer service number, I won’t be using them.

1-888-908-3833

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Immigration isn't concerned about transaction codes, they are looking at the descriptive statement which gives the details in the right hand column.

immagration has no need to work with banks.

YOU have to ensure that YOUR transfers show up in the "statement with notes" (SCB wording) as international transfers. If they don't it is not a problem for immigration, it is your problem because YOUR transfer does not count.

no chaos, just lots of people told that they do not qualify for the income method because THEY DO NOT have the simple documentation requirement.

just because you want to use xyz transfer services because you can't be arsed or are too cheap to do a SWIFT transfer doesn't mean that it is any good for proof of income 

"lots of different bank transaction codes, processes, agents"

= not immigrations problem

and the result will be families split up even though applicants actually have the money

Transferwise is so easy to use that someone could easily do a trial transfer of a small amount like 50 baht and see how it appears at your Thai bank.  Of course that would not guarantee that all transfers would appear the same.  One possible strategy would be to attempt to do all monthly transfers at nearly the same date and for the same amount.  Thrsferwise has a box to check that will make the receiving amount exact with the sending amount adjusted to accomplish this.  Immigration would then see the exact same amount every month on nearly the same date with at least some of them showing as foreign sourced which an IO might accept. 

14 hours ago, colinchaffers said:

Joe does not make mention of using bank statements in the process, he outlines the two things required the details from your bank pass book showing the funds come from overseas and a letter of certification that the details are correct. Thai immigration will not accepted anything else.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, but I think that letter will need to use the phrase "funds transferred from abroad" - at least in cases where that information is not contained in the bank book, as it is not in the case of Kasikorn.

Several posters seem to think that a printed bank statement rather than bank pass book will be accepted. I have no idea re that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kraftyhl said:

I got the attached from CNX Thai Immigration a few days ago. They told me to give it to my bank manager and he or she should follow the directions for income verification.

Thai Immigration Bank Manager form - Verify Inome.jpg

Would be very useful if someone could translate this!

3 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Transferwise is so easy to use that someone could easily do a trial transfer of a small amount like 50 baht and see how it appears at your Thai bank.  Of course that would not guarantee that all transfers would appear the same.  One possible strategy would be to attempt to do all monthly transfers at nearly the same date and for the same amount.  Thrsferwise has a box to check that will make the receiving amount exact with the sending amount adjusted to accomplish this.  Immigration would then see the exact same amount every month on nearly the same date with at least some of them showing as foreign sourced which an IO might accept. 

Not in the bankbook in the case of Kasikorn, even if the TW transfer came in direct to Kasikorn.   They do nto indicate this in either bank book, online statement nor the normal print out statements. Some posters have said that there is a more detailed "statement with notes" that can be obtained that will include that information is some manner. Not sure if that would be clear to IOs and acceptable.

3 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Since the title of this thread includes "UK Pensions" you're not likely to get many people reading your post who are "in the US using a credit union."

Start a new thread in the Home Country forum mentioning US Credit Unions.

Also reread what you wrote before re-posting. Things like "then transfer down hall" or  "Changing Government deposit plans takes both directions," don't make a lot of sense even in context.

Ask your credit union if they can do ACH transfers in the IAT format. Not likely, but if they can, then open a Bangkok Bank account in Thailand and have your credit union send deposits to the New York branch of Bangkok Bank. 

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-US-to-Thailand-via-Bangkok-Bank-NewYork-branch

I am in the Us at the moment and regardless, this has a lot of information on moving money across countries (UK or Us). I just happen to also have a Credit Union acc. So glad to help with the answer. As for as Credit Unions, my CU will not do it. My understanding is IAT format is used by large corporations to move pay rolls and other large amounts of money. We can't use IAT if that's what it is called.