BANGKOK
Pappap

Kasikorn Bank can't confirm UK pension comes from abroad?

A previous post said he uses TW there and it doesn't show as an overseas transfer, seems the only Bank that does is Bangkok Bank.

• Like 2

Guaranteed midrate from transferwise. Whatever is showing on the screen before you do the transaction is guaranteed. It matches exactly what you will see on XE currency.Screenshot_20190108-182404_TransferWise.jpeg.21d1b41239673542ea7336cceaefc9ba.jpeg&key=5417a150c40406aaceaf8cd8a3bcebe27e9a9bad190c46168cd0ef27c1314743Screenshot_20190108-182453_TransferWise.jpeg.2a24449853c9b68dbfe3372eacd4b935.jpeg&key=b865fb95b451f5f7dcdfcd7024f89a59fe5828978ed78817321b17f4c9dfc00eScreenshot_20190108-182553_TransferWise.jpeg.045af05f83bb5369b3669069003c2d52.jpeg&key=4cca07e99bac97b3db520de9f3b92b5f194f54b15b97d817db68e8555569b140
It seems that is different to the rate you get using Revolut card for purchases and cash withdrawals

The FX transfer companies don’t have their own bank routing systems, so they use other banking routings systems who’s use an intermediary bank, I spoke to OFX yesterday who’s rates are nearly as good as TransferWise and they use Barclays routing system who’s intermediary bank is Bangkok bank. I’m going use them in future.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

BTW I tried to contact TransferWise and could not find a customer service number, I won’t be using them.

As I have commented on the latest mega-thread, I would have thought it possible to establish a trail for a TransferWise transfer from one’s home bank account to one’s Thai bank account, regardless of how it is coded at the Thai end, via (1) a home bank account statement indicating the initial debit to TransferWise, and (2) the TransferWise confirmation report which indicates the amount paid (equalling the home bank account debit) and, subsequently, the amount of the THB conversion plus details of the Thai bank account which is to be credited, for verification against the passbook in due course. Certainly it is my intention, when I eventually ask my bank for a certification letter, to arm myself with copies of relevant home bank account statements and TransferWise confirmation reports, in addition to my Thai bank passbook.

It's a tough route to go, from your banks perspective all they see is a local transfer from the intermediary bank and may refuse to give you the certificate required. You may have to explain to immigration yourself. Much better to have an account with the fund transfer companies intermediary bank. A whole lot simpler. The extension process can be diffcult enough why complicate matters. If they allow next time they probably won't the following year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Let's get real. There's no way Thai immigration are going to accept a printout from your phone of your transaction with Transferwise.

• Like 1

On the website, at the bottom of every page, is an option "Help Centre". Click on it and you will see an option "Contact Us" on the right hand side, second line down of the page. Click on this and you will see options to email, chat(live) or phone.
Thanks for that, I found out what the issue was, I wasn't logged on.

• Like 1

They have already detailed what is acceptableIMG_6254.PNG.3f4565d93f7a01e363c59185d39d041c.PNG

and OAJS's idea is unlikely to be accepted.

bank letter + 12 month statement = 30 ~ 60 seconds to check, IO accepted 
the suggested method above very much longer, IO says "where is the bank letter and statement, come back when you have them, Next please"
But they don't understand the complexities of transfers coming in from abroad from various sources. Instructions are too simplistic
  • Like 1

The problem I have, is that the entire staff of my local KBank in rural Khampaeng Phet Phet have a smaller combined vocabulary than my neighbours 13 year old daughter. And there are about 10 of them.
Call the Kbank call centre while your in the bank, I've been impressed with there English they will explain it to the local staff.

• Like 1

A previous post said he uses TW there and it doesn't show as an overseas transfer, seems the only Bank that does is Bangkok Bank.
It's because most of the FX transfer companies use a bank routing system who use an intermedtirty bank, in this case Bangkok bank, all other Thai banks who finally receive the payments will see them as local payments.

Whenever I transfer money from overseas into my kbank account , I always get remmitance email from kbank advising of international transfer, rate they applied and fees. Surely can use these emails , just print it. If you do not get it, might be easier to ask to have email notifications than to ask for confirmation letter or for them to change codes. 
Won't be acceptable to immigration. Thier looking at the transfer code in your pass book to confirm it's an overseas payment and the bank to give you a letter confirming the payments came from overseas.

• Like 1