Jump to content
BANGKOK 20 February 2019 04:12
Pappap

Kasikorn Bank can't confirm UK pension comes from abroad?

Recommended Posts

It's the confirmation letter from the bank that counts which supports the statement. Immigration won't accept anything else.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
35 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:
They have already detailed what is acceptableIMG_6254.PNG.3f4565d93f7a01e363c59185d39d041c.PNG
 
and OAJS's idea is unlikely to be accepted.
 
bank letter + 12 month statement = 30 ~ 60 seconds to check, IO accepted 
the suggested method above very much longer, IO says "where is the bank letter and statement, come back when you have them, Next please"

But they don't understand the complexities of transfers coming in from abroad from various sources. Instructions are too simplistic

They don't have to understand the way you want. 

You want an extension, you have to do it the way they want.

 

its simplistic because it is simple!

Immigration likes simple.

it isn't the cheapest way but that's not their problem.

 

it's even more simple to put the 400k/800k in the bank.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, colinchaffers said:

Won't be acceptable to immigration. Thier looking at the transfer code in your pass book to confirm it's an overseas payment and the bank to give you a letter confirming the payments came from overseas.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

Quote

People are using the wrong wording for what a bank will do. They certainly will not be confirming the income. It will only be a letter confirming the account is valid similar what they do for proof of money in a bank to prove the 400K/800k baht in the bank. Copies of a bank book stamped by the bank or a statement from the bank will be the proof the income has been brought into the country.

The above is from ubonjoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's worth mentioning for those who don't know, that there's no obstacle in using foreign currency. I have a pound sterling foreign currency account (FCD) and I use that for immigration. The supporting letter from the bank confirms that the exchange rate from sterling to baht would take the balance above the 800k threshold. it's useful if you don't want to be in a position where you have to convert currency to baht just for immigration purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BestB said:

Whenever I transfer money from overseas into my kbank account , I always get remmitance email from kbank advising of international transfer, rate they applied and fees. Surely can use these emails , just print it. If you do not get it, might be easier to ask to have email notifications than to ask for confirmation letter or for them to change codes. 

You must have signed up specially for that. It is not routine for everyone.

 

But with it, as  long as the email clearly shows it as from Kasikorn, I expect it would suffice for a branch to issue the necessary letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



its simplistic because it is simple!


Clearly it isn't because lots of different bank transaction codes, processes, agents. They should work with the banks otherwise they are heading for chaos for the expats using income method
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OJAS said:

As I have commented on the latest mega-thread, I would have thought it possible to establish a trail for a TransferWise transfer from one’s home bank account to one’s Thai bank account, regardless of how it is coded at the Thai end, via (1) a home bank account statement indicating the initial debit to TransferWise, and (2) the TransferWise confirmation report which indicates the amount paid (equalling the home bank account debit) and, subsequently, the amount of the THB conversion plus details of the Thai bank account which is to be credited, for verification against the passbook in due course. Certainly it is my intention, when I eventually ask my bank for a certification letter, to arm myself with copies of relevant home bank account statements and TransferWise confirmation reports, in addition to my Thai bank passbook.

 

I think it may be expecting a lot to expect bank staff -- especially if an upcountry branch - to wade through all that and be comfortable giving a statement that funds came from abroad base on foreign financial documents which will nto be familiar to them in format (and indeed, if my branch is any indication, which they do nto have the English language capacity to understand).  IMO you'd be better off showing them the relevant credit advices or a letter from the receiving bank in Thailand, in Thai.

 

"Certification letter" is probably not the right term, it is a letter from the bank stating you have such and such an account with X balance as of X date and transferred funds into it from abroad as follows (dates, amounts).  Might be possible to skip the second part of that in cases where the bank book has codes indicating international transfer (Kasikorn does not) but personally I would not be surprised if they require bank letter regardless. Can't assume all IOs are familiar with these bank book codes, especially as they may vary from bank to bank.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, trd said:
2 hours ago, JAS21 said:
I understand that a company called Revolut show exchange rates close to TransferWise ...I have no information how their transfers show ...may be worth looking into
 
This is gbp to thb ...

Transferwise gives you the mid rate and it doesn't change after you made the transaction. That's what makes it attractive. Your bank will exchange at the baht buying rate not the mid rate so you're paying more with a swift transfer.

Yes I know that ... I always use Transferwise ...in fact last year I wrote a article about how TransferWise works for 'Thailand Starter Kit'...worth a read...so is Thailand Starter Kit...full of useful 'How To' articles.

 

In fact here is the article ... thailandstarterkit.com/money/transferwise-review/

 

I only commented as maybe that would show in you bank book as an international transfer.

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes I know that ... I always use Transferwise ...in fact last year I wrote a article about how TransferWise works for 'Thailand Starter Kit'...worth a read...so is Thailand Starter Kit...full of useful 'How To' articles.
 
I only commented as maybe that would show in you bank book as an international transfer.
Cool. It was your article that led me to sign up with Transferwise so I'm very grateful to you. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

I only commented as maybe that would show in you bank book as an international transfer.

Maybe not a bad idea.

There are other companies specialised in cheaper transfers the same way as TransferWise.

By example: https://www.instarem.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, trd said:
7 minutes ago, JAS21 said:
Yes I know that ... I always use Transferwise ...in fact last year I wrote a article about how TransferWise works for 'Thailand Starter Kit'...worth a read...so is Thailand Starter Kit...full of useful 'How To' articles.
 
I only commented as maybe that would show in you bank book as an international transfer.

Cool. It was your article that led me to sign up with Transferwise so I'm very grateful to you. 🙂

Pleased it helped someone ... took me ages to write and was paid in the UK so had to pay tax!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Clearly it isn't because lots of different bank transaction codes, processes, agents. They should work with the banks otherwise they are heading for chaos for the expats using income method

 

Immigration isn't concerned about transaction codes, they are looking at the descriptive statement which gives the details in the right hand column.

 

immagration has no need to work with banks.

 

YOU have to ensure that YOUR transfers show up in the "statement with notes" (SCB wording) as international transfers. If they don't it is not a problem for immigration, it is your problem because YOUR transfer does not count.

 

no chaos, just lots of people told that they do not qualify for the income method because THEY DO NOT have the simple documentation requirement.

 

just because you want to use xyz transfer services because you can't be arsed or are too cheap to do a SWIFT transfer doesn't mean that it is any good for proof of income 

 

 

"lots of different bank transaction codes, processes, agents"

= not immigrations problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, OJAS said:
As I have commented on the latest mega-thread, I would have thought it possible to establish a trail for a TransferWise transfer from one’s home bank account to one’s Thai bank account, regardless of how it is coded at the Thai end, via (1) a home bank account statement indicating the initial debit to TransferWise, and (2) the TransferWise confirmation report which indicates the amount paid (equalling the home bank account debit) and, subsequently, the amount of the THB conversion plus details of the Thai bank account which is to be credited, for verification against the passbook in due course. Certainly it is my intention, when I eventually ask my bank for a certification letter, to arm myself with copies of relevant home bank account statements and TransferWise confirmation reports, in addition to my Thai bank passbook.
 

Good luck with that. We need Immigration to confirm what is acceptable otherwise banks won't be comfortable confirming, or won't want to devote the time to it

 

1 hour ago, colinchaffers said:

It's a tough route to go, from your banks perspective all they see is a local transfer from the intermediary bank and may refuse to give you the certificate required. You may have to explain to immigration yourself. Much better to have an account with the fund transfer companies intermediary bank. A whole lot simpler. The extension process can be diffcult enough why complicate matters. If they allow next time they probably won't the following year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

 

34 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I think it may be expecting a lot to expect bank staff -- especially if an upcountry branch - to wade through all that and be comfortable giving a statement that funds came from abroad base on foreign financial documents which will nto be familiar to them in format (and indeed, if my branch is any indication, which they do nto have the English language capacity to understand).  IMO you'd be better off showing them the relevant credit advices or a letter from the receiving bank in Thailand, in Thai.

 

"Certification letter" is probably not the right term, it is a letter from the bank stating you have such and such an account with X balance as of X date and transferred funds into it from abroad as follows (dates, amounts).  Might be possible to skip the second part of that in cases where the bank book has codes indicating international transfer (Kasikorn does not) but personally I would not be surprised if they require bank letter regardless. Can't assume all IOs are familiar with these bank book codes, especially as they may vary from bank to bank.

As I have just posted on the mega-thread, the gravity of the whole situation is finally beginning to sink in and I need to have a fundamental rethink about going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's very important to realize that the immigration officer will not hesitate to turn you away if he hasn't got exactly the documentation required. I can assure you he will lose no sleep over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...