Kasikorn Bank can't confirm UK pension comes from abroad?

4 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Which attachment are you referring to? It seems like there are being things suggested that folks haven't tried, regardless of how bright the suggestion seem. I asked in Bangkok Bank today in respect of a transaction I know had been routed through them on it's way to me at Kasikorn. Blank looks and no can do.

Did you bring a packet of som tom with you?

22 minutes ago, farangx said:

Did you bring a packet of som tom with you?

Ridiculous comment aside, Transferwise will have a PDF receipt you as the customer can access. The recieving Bank may also be able to provide a credit advice IF you and your bank received the funds directly from overseas. Not via transferwise UNLESS it credits as International or unless you Bank with BKK Bank. Having asked at Bangkok Bank today, in respect of a transaction where they were the intermediary bank, I do not believe they (or other intermediary banks in the TW payment chain) will provide you (not being their customer) of details of a transaction made by a company that is their customer, or at least with whom they have an arrangement. Maybe others can try, preferably folks using Transferwise, rather than just theorising about it. 

If you are talking about the Credit Advice slip attachment from way back, that document is totally irrelevant to this particular issue, e.g. getting details from an intermediary bank that a company uses to route a deposit to you.  If you can get the credit advice from your bank, you will have no need to scratching around chasing intermediaries anyway.  When I was talking about the bank that receives the money (being in response to a post about exactly that issue!) not being prepared to give you the information I was addressing the point that was being discussed, the intermediary bank, not the recipient bank.

Maybe it's you that didn't read or understand!

Posted using Tapatalk

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 2

I've skipped a few pages ...But just for info Krungsi FCD account statement shows a code of SWF (SWIFT DEPOSIT) against the credit column entry of SWIFT transfers from the Halifax in the U.K. (£9.50ish a transfer, Krungsi charge 1% (minimum 500 baht) per deposit. If they could print off the last 12 months statements (in case a statement goes a stray in the post), would clearly show deposits.

No passbooks for IO to look at though, requirement does say "statement"

Krungsri FCD charges a "maximum" of 500 baht for inward sterling, not a minimum as you stated. It's actually 0.25% or 500 baht max and 200 baht minimum. You are confusing a swift transfer with deposit of foreign notes which is as you stated.

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/getmedia/0bde49d6-4b2f-440e-aab6-c75f59261f98/deposit-withdrawal-fees-for-foreigner-en.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

Trouble is I've had TW send funds to Kasikorn where Kasikorn was the business partner they used. Still shows up as 'Local Transfer'.

The key seems to be method they use to send the funds, SWIFT or not, not the banking partner. For me at least, comparing my only two transactions that show as IFTC, they were both sent by SWIFT. Unless someone other than BKK Bank customers have transactions showing as IFTC / International where SWIFT was not used.

Posted using Tapatalk

I've had TW use SWIFT via TMB to my Kbank - that were "Dummys"

I've had them use local bank transfer via Kbank - some were "intl" but more recently they've been "dummy".

And I've had them use local bank transfer via BBL, that were all "dummy".

There seem to be no regular logic.

Could perhaps do a "test" transfer with TW of say 10 GBP, and if it shows up as "Intl", then make a full 65k transfer (and hope it's still the same), otherwise make the payment using SWIFT direct from your own bank.. (I've compared a 1600GBP Swift Transfer for Nationwide to Kbank as around 1200-1500 bt more than using TW, assuming Kbank's rate doesn't change when the GBP arrives).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

Ridiculous comment aside, Transferwise will have a PDF receipt you as the customer can access. The recieving Bank may also be able to provide a credit advice IF you and your bank received the funds directly from overseas. Not via transferwise UNLESS it credits as International or unless you Bank with BKK Bank. Having asked at Bangkok Bank today, in respect of a transaction where they were the intermediary bank, I do not believe they (or other intermediary banks in the TW payment chain) will provide you (not being their customer) of details of a transaction made by a company that is their customer, or at least with whom they have an arrangement. Maybe others can try, preferably folks using Transferwise, rather than just theorising about it. 

If you are talking about the Credit Advice slip attachment from way back, that document is totally irrelevant to this particular issue, e.g. getting details from an intermediary bank that a company uses to route a deposit to you.  If you can get the credit advice from your bank, you will have no need to scratching around chasing intermediaries anyway.  When I was talking about the bank that receives the money (being in response to a post about exactly that issue!) not being prepared to give you the information I was addressing the point that was being discussed, the intermediary bank, not the recipient bank.

Maybe it's you that didn't read or understand!

Long story short, my bank can tell me which bank credited money into my account, period.  This was already mentioned by others I believe.

Edited by farangx

4 hours ago, johnwf1963 said:

I've skipped a few pages ...

But just for info Krungsi FCD account statement shows a code of SWF (SWIFT DEPOSIT) against the credit column entry of SWIFT transfers from the Halifax in the U.K. (£9.50ish a transfer, Krungsi charge 1% (minimum 500 baht) per deposit. If they could print off the last 12 months statements (in case a statement goes a stray in the post), would clearly show deposits.

No passbooks for IO to look at though, requirement does say "statement"

As I have been saying the only guaranteed way is to pay the higher fee and use a SWIFT transfer (UK bank to Thai bank) it will always show as an international transfer, however if it is payed into a FCD account that is not acceptable for some offices, they require a Baht account. So the FCD in some offices is OK but not all.

TW is cheap but you would be ill advised to rely on it unless you like micromanaging your account and are prepared to make a SWIFT transfer anytime the monthly TW transfer shows as local. But hey! People are retired and have nothing better to do, no?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

We need lots of guinea pigs going down Immigration with there mix of Intl and domestic transfers and report back what happened. Until then its all the same stuff

Will they want to report that they were refused as not having the required documentation?

STATEMENT FROM TRANSFERWISE

I fired off an email to them (pointing them here as well) and they replied with this :-

Unfortunately, as it is with your inquire, I’m afraid at the moment we don’t have any means to mark the transfers as international transfers.

We pay out funds via domestic clearing systems – this is how we can be faster and cheaper than most other services.

However, we do provide for each of our transfer a PDF transfer receipt. This shows the details of the transfer and serves as an official confirmation and Proof of Payment.

The Transfer Receipt shows all the relevant details of the transfer – that is, it shows that transfer came from the UK (or other country, respectively) and also shows how many GBP (or other currency) was paid in.
Moreover, it shows that the payment method is ‘SWIFT’ which denotes the fact that it way an international payment, coming from outside Thailand.

We won’t be able to speak in the name of the immigration office, but this document is an official proof that shows the origin of the funds and the fact that it was sent from outside of Thailand. If they are somewhat flexible on accepting this as proof instead of your Bank statement, then this document should suffice them.

I will also pass on your feedback to our relevant team to see if there’s anything from our side we could do to improve this situation.

Please be kindly advised to double-check it with the immigration office, if they accept alternative proofs to prove that the funds are coming from abroad. I’m attaching the PDF receipt to this email.
You can also download them for yourself from your account. Just go to Activity > Click on the transfer > View transfer details > Download PDF receipt.

I can't see an option to download a PDF receipt, not on the android app anyway. Maybe it only works on Windows when connecting through the browser.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Well considering the release from TI says specifically that the evidence required is 'bank statement showing money transfer from overseas every month for past 12 months' not bits of paper from Transferwise or other intermediary banks, there is a lot of superfluous waffle in this thread. 

I am perplexed that if TW + Kasikorn doesn't fit the requirements people are trying to create their own idea of what will satisfy the authorities, rather than seeking more accurate alternatives.

Do try and keep up ????  The issue being discussed is what to do when the myriad of transfer options, coupled with the different codings used by banks for showing the status of a transfer don't on the face of it fit the requirements with ease.  I'm confident that my transfers will show, others have more concern, and, being a discussion forum, are choosing to discuss it.  If that perplexes you - tough!

As to what documentation might be accepted by the authorities (who have the ability to examine anything they see fit beyond what the regulations say), being new regulations, nobody, and that includes you, knows for sure yet and won't until people start going to Immigration to apply using the new regs.

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, farangx said:

Long story short, my bank can tell me which bank credited money into my account, period.  This was already mentioned by others I believe.

Any bank can.  The point that was actually being discussed above is when using Transferwise and proving the source of your funds for TI extensions under the new regulations.  Unless you are with Bangkok Bank (and even then there is no 100% guarantee) a TW transfer is highly likely to come from a bank within Thailand (e.g. a local transfer) and therefore will NOT show up in a statement or any other document that the bank can produce as a transfer from overseas, as far as the receiving bank is concerned, it wasn't.  So it was suggested by others that folks might be able to track back to the next bank in the chain to get details of the international nature of the transfer.  From speaking to Bangkok Bank, not gonna happen.  Is that clear enough now? 

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Do try and keep up ????  The issue being discussed is what to do when the myriad of transfer options, coupled with the different codings used by banks for showing the status of a transfer don't on the face of it fit the requirements with ease.  I'm confident that my transfers will show, others have more concern, and, being a discussion forum, are choosing to discuss it.  If that perplexes you - tough!

Wake up and smell the roses. The objective I presume is getting an extension from Immigration, not simply transferring money, there isn't an issue there! The regulation as released is the important factor and I have reiterated that. If you want to waffle on about pestering intermediary banks to no purpose be my guest!

9 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Any bank can.  The point that was actually being discussed above is when using Transferwise and proving the source of your funds for TI extensions under the new regulations.  Unless you are with Bangkok Bank (and even then there is no 100% guarantee) a TW transfer is highly likely to come from a bank within Thailand (e.g. a local transfer) and therefore will show up in a statement or any other document that the bank can produce as a transfer from overseas, as far as the receiving bank is concerned, it wasn't.  So it was suggested by others that folks might be able to track back to the next bank in the chain to get details of the international nature of the transfer.  From speaking to Bangkok Bank, not gonna happen.  Is that clear enough now? 

I think you probably want to edit you post while you can as I think you hav mis worded it

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Wake up and smell the roses. The objective I presume is getting an extension from Immigration, not simply transferring money, there isn't an issue there! The regulation as released is the important factor and I have reiterated that. If you want to waffle on about pestering intermediary banks to no purpose be my guest!

I'm not, others are as they have concerns.  What I am posting about is my experience and views about what other people are trying to do.  Again, if you spent more time actually practicing some basic comprehension skills and reading the thread you'd perhaps understand more and be less inclined to make stupid vacuous comments.  Given that the entire topic is about transfers not showing up as coming from overseas when reaching Kasikorn bank you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that the discussion will be almost entirely about the subject matter you seem to take exception too.  Bright that ????

The regulations are a factor, not the only factor, and as I have stated above, nobody, including you, has ANY idea of what Immigration will accept.  If the discussion others wish to have doesn't interest you why don't you just move on instead of trotting out the smug self-righteous drivel that you posted above.  Easy na!

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SooKee said:

I'm not, others are as they have concerns.  What I am posting about is my experience and views about what other people are trying to do.  Again, if you spent more time actually practicing some basic comprehension skills and reading the thread you'd perhaps understand more and be less inclined to make stupid vacuous comments.  The regulations are a factor, not the only factor, and as I have stated above, nobody, including you, has ANY idea of what Immigration will accept.  If the discussion others wish to have doesn't interest you why don't you just move on instead of trotting out the smug self-righteous drivel that you posted above.  Easy na!

I have read it fully and bruised my forehead on the keyboard. Carry on with renewed futility.  I will not bother your ego further.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

6 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:
Will they want to report that they were refused as not having the required documentation?

i don't see why not, they will take what they think is right, if it isn't sufficient then hopefully others can learn from it

It seem that you are suggesting that the requirements Bank letter, bankbook copies and (or) statement that show the immigration officers you have domestic transfers can successfully have random unauthenticated home printed PDFs added and that they (the IO) will be so overwhelmed with the milk of human kindness they will let you have an extension 555555555555555.

Don't you understand anything like that CAN be faked that is why the statement has to have a bank stamp and signature on it and the letter MUST be on bank stationary not plain paper (maybe a bank stamp and signature is also OK )

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SooKee said:

as I have stated above, nobody, including you, has ANY idea of what Immigration will accept. 

Well YES WE DO they have told us exactly what they will accept 

IMG_6295.PNG.3ce0724d1c983d22431842f0af1bbde8.PNG

Does your statement show transfers every month from overseas?

if yes you are good to go, if no then you need the 400k/800k seasoned for 2/3 months as a backup for when they tell you you DO NOT qualify for an income supported extension, Or travel plans

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Well YES WE DO they have told us exactly what they will accept 

IMG_6295.PNG.3ce0724d1c983d22431842f0af1bbde8.PNG

Does your statement show transfers every month from overseas?

if yes you are good to go, if no then you need the 400k/800k seasoned for 2/3 months as a backup for when they tell you you DO NOT qualify for an income supported extension, Or travel plans

You need to read my comments in the context of the post.  Yes we all know what the regulations state, what we don't know at all, is what other evidence Immigration might want or even be prepared to consider in the event that someone gets transactions that do not show up as international.  At the moment they can, and do, ask to look at documents beyond the income affidavit for instance (pension letters and whatever).  Not in the regulations but they can and do ask.  Being new, nobody they knows what documentation they might consider in the event of the wheel coming off.

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:28 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

The above is from ubonjoe

Sorry if this was mentioned and I missed it but do you need to get your bankbook stamped every month after the funds are deposited from an overseas account? Is it easy to get the statement from the bank for proof of income or is that a hassle?

"Copies of a bank book stamped by the bank or a statement from the bank will be the proof the income has been brought into the country."

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

Any bank can.  The point that was actually being discussed above is when using Transferwise and proving the source of your funds for TI extensions under the new regulations.  Unless you are with Bangkok Bank (and even then there is no 100% guarantee) a TW transfer is highly likely to come from a bank within Thailand (e.g. a local transfer) and therefore will NOT show up in a statement or any other document that the bank can produce as a transfer from overseas, as far as the receiving bank is concerned, it wasn't.  So it was suggested by others that folks might be able to track back to the next bank in the chain to get details of the international nature of the transfer.  From speaking to Bangkok Bank, not gonna happen.  Is that clear enough now? 

Not true.. BKK Bank shows TW as an International Transfer.

If you use BKK Bank's mobile app, click on your last TW deposit and ir clearly states International Transfer

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Sorry if this was mentioned and I missed it but do you need to get your bankbook stamped every month after the funds are deposited from an overseas account? Is it easy to get the statement from the bank for proof of income or is that a hassle?

"Copies of a bank book stamped by the bank or a statement from the bank will be the proof the income has been brought into the country."

I would go get it updated every month.  Otherwise you'l be in danger of getting a combined entry (total deposits / withdrawals / balance) with zero other detail.

It has been suggested that TI is working with banks to come up with a letter similar to that they issue currently for the deposit method.  Once they've sorted that out it should be easy.

On 1/8/2019 at 1:32 PM, Sheryl said:

You have to call them. Have the details on hand (date of transfer and amount).

in addition to asking for the ones you have already made,  ask to receive them routinely, I think there is a form you have to submit.

this will all work only if your transfers are direct to Kasikorn bank. It will not work if you use Transferwise or other service that first transfers to a different Thai Bank because in that case Kasikorn will not have been the one to  issue the Credit Advice.

Confirm, I get this an an automatic e.mail every month from K bank re pension funds receibed from Australia.

Initially I asked about this at the local big K bank. Response was towofold - not posiible and not interested.

I called K bank call centre, they indicated it was possible and e-mailed me several forms, and lady said she would call my branch and explain the process.

Two days later visited the local branch again with the compoleted forms, local branch just not interested, I called back to call centre, same lady, she spke to the local staff, local manager get's into the picture and tells the HO lady this is not possible.

HO lady says she will call back, she did about 10 minutes later and apologized and asked me to go to a regfional office, only 15 minutes away. Did that, all positive, all completed in 10 minutes.

Now I get the automatic e-mail every month.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SooKee said:

What's not true?  Go back and read it again!

Unless you are with Bangkok Bank (and even then there is no 100% guarantee) a TW transfer is highly likely to come from a bank within Thailand.

However, in other threads at least one poster has had a TW deposit to BKK Bank NOT show up as international, I suspect because they used a different partner to route the funds.  So there is a danger, regardless of how small, that TW deposits to BKK bank will not show up as international for everyone 100% of the time.

I called BKK Bank transfer dept and was told that TW is considered an international transfer. My mobile app shows the same. 

• Like 1