Savanakhet consulate visa documents

Headed for Mukdahan tomorrow, and was surprised by something I saw in this thread.

Can someone who has recently been to the consulate in Savanakhet please confirm if they require a letter from my wife requesting that the consulate grant me a Non- O visa based on marriage, or is that only for other consulates/embassies?

And if it is required, what should be included in the letter?  

Thank you!

10 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

Can someone who has recently been to the consulate in Savanakhet please confirm if they require a letter from my wife requesting that the consulate grant me a Non- O visa based on marriage, or is that only for other consulates/embassies?

No reports of it being asked for in Savannakhet.

They ask for in at the consulate Ho Chi Minh City so that might of caused the confusion.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They ask for in at the consulate Ho Chi Minh City so that might of caused the confusion.

I applied for multi no o based on marriage on January 3rd, collected on the 4th. No need for a letter from your wife.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2019 at 12:59 PM, ubonjoe said:

The marriage certificate will always show her maiden name on it.

It is not mandatory for her to take your name after you get married (before 2002 it was). My wife had no choice when we got married (2001) and we have never been asked for a name change certificate which is good because it was not issued back then.

Although on ours, Ubon Joe, her title is given as Mrs. Anyway I've always produced the Chang of na!e certificate to complete the paper trail. We had problems at the Land Office over this because she didn't! First the official said name not same as on land certificate, then not look like you on ID card. Some money changed hands to make this go away. Even the Thais think this is perfectly normal way to solve any problems.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I took one, but deliberately did not produce it, to see if they would ask. They didn't.

Just to say in conclusion that picking up my passport was fine and with the correct visa. 5 minutes, no waiting as I turned up as the gate was opened at 2 pm. Bigger queue formed behind me than previous morning so I guess quite a few went along well after the gate opened the previous morning. Tuk tuk guy picked me up from Aura hotel, as I agreed with him the previous day,, waited whilst I collected passport, then on to Friendship Bridge and border, 200 baht. Caught 2:45 bus back to Thai border. Full, standing room only. If you can take a pre completed Thai entry card, it will save time and avoid risk of being sent to the back of the queue!  Parking the car Thai side cost me 500 baht for the 2 nights/ 3 days. A bit steep I thought.

I enjoyed the trip!!

11 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Just to say in conclusion that picking up my passport was fine and with the correct visa. 5 minutes, no waiting as I turned up as the gate was opened at 2 pm. Bigger queue formed behind me than previous morning so I guess quite a few went along well after the gate opened the previous morning. Tuk tuk guy picked me up from Aura hotel, as I agreed with him the previous day,, waited whilst I collected passport, then on to Friendship Bridge and border, 200 baht. Caught 2:45 bus back to Thai border. Full, standing room only. If you can take a pre completed Thai entry card, it will save time and avoid risk of being sent to the back of the queue!  Parking the car Thai side cost me 500 baht for the 2 nights/ 3 days. A bit steep I thought.

I enjoyed the trip!!

so still no proof of founds needed right?