Govt Quietly Halts Election Preparations Nationwide

webfact

5 hours ago, nikmar said:

As much as I would love to see a free and fair democratic system in my adoptive country, I have to admit to a small part of me enjoying all this if only to see how f###ed it can really get. A very small part of me. 

To be honest, it's quite a big part of me in that my opinion of Thais is pretty low, and all thise sh|te merely goes to confirm that as being the correct and reasonable view. It is a circus though, even for the Keystone Kops Thailand.

4 hours ago, chainarong said:

Prayut is not regarded as a parliamentary leader by western countries and has been told many times to stop pretending he is one.

Really? I know that many world leaders don't like the man, and if  at all possible don't get near him come photo op time,. But do you have any confirmation that what you say is true?

41 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Really? I know that many world leaders don't like the man, and if  at all possible don't get near him come photo op time,. But do you have any confirmation that what you say is true?

When in doubt, consider the source.

A keen adopted manner that comes in handy when plying this venue.

....and it works true.

????????

7 hours ago, Artisi said:

it's a shame there isn't a few out there with the gonads to really bring it to a head -

hopefully one day there might just be someone out there with the necessary tackle to shout vive le Thailand and get something meaningful underway ensuring the correct outcome.

snipers rifle

10 hours ago, Artisi said:

it's a shame there isn't a few out there with the gonads to really bring it to a head -

hopefully one day there might just be someone out there with the necessary tackle to shout vive le Thailand and get something meaningful underway ensuring the correct outcome.

I am sure many Russian citizens agree with you about their own countries. And China. Vietnam, laos, Burma, (GB lol) and France - et al.

To non voters the current outfit have lost all credibility, they have been in power now for longer than an election term and are still looking for any excuse not to have an election. When they arrived in office the General said he did not want power and would not be there long but he soon got used to the new lifestyle, if there s any decency in the man and he truly believes he is "the ONE" then he should offer himself to the electorate on the date he agreed to, 24th February.

19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Not quietly enough it would seem. Amazing that they thought they could stop the election scheduled for next month and that no one would notice or care. I suspect the outcry and protests will start to grow in number, the longer this debacle continues.

You are right, Darksidedog: many of us have predicted that this will be the year of protests, growing in number, participants and intensity.

However, some of us predict that the numbers will still not be anywhere near sufficient to dislodge the illegal power that has seized this beautiful country by its throat.

As someone who loves Thailand and the ordinary, friendly Thais - it all makes me very, very sad - and frustrated!

Love 'em or hate 'em, at least they are consistent.

Consistent in bungling their obfuscations, consistent in blaming something or other, consistent in being pathetic.

Just imagine how life would be if this type of government would function effectively...

At least we can count on their ineptitude.

I forget who it was said delay is the deadliest form of denial.

However, IMHO the current government, and its backers,  are not in denial. They know damn well they will get slaughtered at the polls.

Prayut is not regarded as a parliamentary leader by western countries and has been told many times to stop pretending he is one.
But yet present Thai 'gov't' is dealing business as usual by with most Western countries.

11 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

I am sure many Russian citizens agree with you about their own countries. And China. Vietnam, laos, Burma, (GB lol) and France - et al.

You forgot to mention the good 'ole US of A! 

There! - List complete.

On 1/8/2019 at 2:30 AM, darksidedog said:

Not quietly enough it would seem. Amazing that they thought they could stop the election scheduled for next month and that no one would notice or care. I suspect the outcry and protests will start to grow in number, the longer this debacle continues.

Did they really think they could keep the stoppage quite or do they feel they have an iron clad excuse and really don't care what the society thinks?

Archived