Thai woman abandoned by Thai husband

GalaxyMan

On 1/9/2019 at 10:25 AM, GalaxyMan said:

Gotta love the misogynism so many ThaiVisa posters seem to exhibit. Not all Thai women are bar girls, whom I have nothing against. Each to their own.

Found a Thai lawyer in Lipa Noi who says that GF's case is particularly easy. He is submitting the relevant documents to the court today, says it should take about a month.

The "mounds of debt will be collected" from her, as soon as a Farang Groom has entered the scene.

100% without fail. The future looks bright for the Farang.

happy days 

•  

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/9/2019 at 3:18 AM, swissie said:

The "mounds of debt will be collected" from her, as soon as a Farang Groom has entered the scene.

100% without fail. The future looks bright for the Farang.

Why? The farang don't must pay something because the debts was from before the marriage.

17 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

That's easy to say for you, because you have many years of experience.. But i can see on daily bases the lovey-dovey , unexperienced foreigners getting fooled by pretty women :coffee1:

only cos they have never had a descent bird in their life and now they cant believe there lucky now they have one.

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

We're all assuming you're sleeping with another man's wife, so technically that makes you a criminal under Thai law. Anyways, white knight syndrome is always a bit of a laugh.

They all say that, even the bar girls, it's always their first week/night on the job.

It has nothing to do with you, but you're financing the divorce. That's a bit of a dichotomy.

Educated, hi-so, running her own business, etc., etc. So why are you paying the divorce bills?

Looks like you're going for every cliche in the book!

Read the comment <deleted>

7 minutes ago, catman20 said:

only cos they have never had a descent bird in their life and now they cant believe there lucky now they have one.

Tbh i have had some decent gf at home, but, once in Thailand i got fooled nonetheless.

That problem apparently occurs when you do the thinking with the small head.

29 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

That's easy to say for you, because you have many years of experience.. But i can see on daily bases the lovey-dovey , unexperienced foreigners getting fooled by pretty women :coffee1:

It took me a week, as a tourist, to suss Thai women out. Not hard.

The lovey - dovey, inexperienced foreigners, you talk about would be better described as: " Self opinionated, misogynistic, thick as two short planks foreigners". Unfortunately, as a Brit, I can say that Brits who holiday in Thailand, Pattaya in particular, fall squarely into that category but please don't make the mistake of thinking that they represent a true demographic of Brits.

The wife beater vest wearing, shaven headed, tattooed moron who finds it impossible to attract a woman in his own country, forms only a small minority in the UK.

Husband left & still married for 8 yrs 

Him racking up bills, inwhich she was forced to pay - So how would she know all this if there wasn't a divorce hearing - Guarantor or what 

Head of Spa section at 5 resorts - shifts jobs a bit for that position

2 hours ago, Straight8 said:

Happened over 8 years ago and she still hasn't figured it out ?

It's no wonder why you've got some of these replies.

Instead of taking it personally, which of course it's not, since most TV members do not know each other, you should be discussing this with her and findingout what the issue is and why she hasn't sorted this sh!t out already.

That's pretty simple. Until recently she had to use every baht that she earned to get rid of the debt. The husband is out of sight, and out of mind. The divorce was irrelevant to her situation, which is now changed, hence my question, which was just to find out for myself what she's dealing with. I wasn't asking for her. Thanks.

To the OP

• Good luck for the future to you and your lady. By the sounds of things a lawyer can sort things easily and you have piece of mind,

Memo to self

• Never ask for advice on Thai visa

23 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

I don't get the comments or questions about me. This has nothing to do with me other than the fact that she is my girlfriend. It took her 8 years of busting her ass to pay off all of the debt her husband saddled her with. She says, and I have no reason to disbelieve her, not that it matters, that I'm the first farang that she's ever had anything to do with on a personal level. She doesn't particularly care for farangs. She is an educated woman and has been the spa director at several of the top 5-Star resorts in Thailand. Now that she is no longer in debt and is acquiring property of her own, she doesn't want the husband to suddenly show up and try to claim anything because of his spousal rights. That's why she wants to make sure that he is legally severed from her life. Has nothing to do with me.

Thanks for providing a clearer picture of your situation. Not to say it isn't all true but what you describe why is it she can't figure out to go get a lawyer herself instead of burdening you with the problem on ThaiVisa which is your right but ThaiVisa being what it is don't get upset! if you plan to have a future you need to start to learn quickly relax do the math if it doesn't add up or said the way you want to hear it the way you want?  You know what to do?

GalaxyMan,

Don't let the naysayers bother you.  Like in any country, some women are bad, but there are many good Thai women, too.  My wife and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary in November. She has been a great wife.  She has never tried to fleece me - no buffalo died stories, etc. When I married her, she didn't have her high school diploma; now she has a Ph.D. I think the gift of education is the best you can give anyone. 

I agree with "let the buyer beware", so we got married after I knew her for 2 years. Anyone can be a good actress for 2 months, but in 2 years you'll know their true personality.

So best of luck to you,

Cheers,

Don

2 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

I offered, but she has a lot of pride. As an aside, she has never, ever asked me for money. How lucky am I?

You aren't lucky, you've met and formed a relationship with a normal Thai woman, millions of them here. IMHO they make the best wives in the world.

When I met my wife she had 2 debts.

1. She had borrowed 50k baht to set up a business which had quickly failed. The money was borrowed from the "Farmers Bank" using her mother's land as collateral. The debt was in her mother's name and was serviced by paying the interest only, annually, 3k baht. She asked me to help her clear the debt. As I hated her mother, horrible evil woman, I refused but did agree to help with the 3k baht annually if she needed it. She never has. My logic was that her mother would be dead long before the 3k baht annually had equalled the 50k baht owed. As I write this, her mother is in hospital and on her deathbed. Result!

2. She had borrowed 10k baht from a local loan shark in her village, to help her relocate to Pattaya. As she could only find low paid work here, and the interest rate was horrendous, she had only paid one instalment on the loan which meant that she owed almost double the original loan. The loan shark, a woman who was a lecturer at the local college, was making various threats to my wife, she would send the Poo Yai Baan (village headman, who had a bad reputation for extracting money and using violence) round to her family's house and they would be disgraced, she would never be able to return to her village, she knew people in Pattaya and knew her address, etc. I agreed to pay the debt off but on my terms.

My terms were that I would personally pay the debt, in cash, to the woman. On our next visit to the village, we went to the woman's house, together. I told the woman that we were there to repay the debt, she took her ledger out of her desk drawer, thumbed through it and said, "18500 baht". I pulled a roll of money out of my pocket, which I had previously counted and placed there, and said to her, "Here is 10000 baht, for this I want a receipt, signed by you, saying "paid in full". Either that or we walk out of here now, you get nothing and you never see either of us again." Without saying a word, she pulled the original agreement out of her desk and signed it "Paid in Full". I then snatched the document from her and she snatched the cash from me. Job done.

On 1/9/2019 at 10:25 AM, GalaxyMan said:

Gotta love the misogynism so many ThaiVisa posters seem to exhibit. Not all Thai women are bar girls, whom I have nothing against. Each to their own.

Found a Thai lawyer in Lipa Noi who says that GF's case is particularly easy. He is submitting the relevant documents to the court today, says it should take about a month.

Good on you.

20 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Shame, the guy’s just asking for a bit of info/advice and a certain crowd just started slagging him..... shame.

All one needs to do is mention Thailand/Thai girl and money and the landslide begins... but it is fortunate that in this whole world, it is only Thai women who want money. 

Just kidding... Warren Buffett is still working, as is Bezos and many others... seems everyone might want the leafy green stuff... as for me, just enough to get me through the next nap and I am good. 

13 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

All one needs to do is mention Thailand/Thai girl and money and the landslide begins... but it is fortunate that in this whole world, it is only Thai women who want money. 

Just kidding... Warren Buffett is still working, as is Bezos and many others... seems everyone might want the leafy green stuff... as for me, just enough to get me through the next nap and I am good. 

Do you do "short time"? If so, I may know a guy who's interested. PM me with photos.

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Why would a foreigner be asking advice of other foreigners about a Thai woman and her Thai legal problems?

Strong independent woman running her own business, earning her own money, but can't sort out her own legal problems in her own country?

Why would she think you could help with anything apart from money?

I certainly can't think of one valid reason, unless she's hoping for some cash.

Oops, I see Samsensam has just written the same thing.

especially after "8 Years" separation, you would have thought she would have done this five years ago,  just thought of it when you arrived on the scene hey???  I smell a fishing expedition.

She is Thai, and she doesn't know how to get a divorce in Thailand? But she knows how to get you to pay for one. Another deer in the headlights. But she is different. 55555

The headlights must be bright !! They have affected your reading ability .
Please reply with the post number where the OP says he is paying for anything !

5 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Tbh i have had some decent gf at home, but, once in Thailand i got fooled nonetheless.

That problem apparently occurs when you do the thinking with the small head.

i understand the small head dose the thinking for a short period of time everyone has that problem its when the big head stops working altogether that where the problems start and one only has ones self to blame for that.

On 1/9/2019 at 4:46 PM, GalaxyMan said:

You clearly have a reading comprehension issue. I've never posted anything about paying for anything. She's doing this, not me. What part of that do you not get?

You should have said "what part of that do you not want to get and have no intention of ever getting". Don't waste your time with them.

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

You aren't lucky, you've met and formed a relationship with a normal Thai woman

I then snatched the document from her and she snatched the cash from me. Job done.

Yours was different, but you still had to pay ............... it's a funny old world!

Unfortunate for the OP this things get a bit overboard. I read the OP post didn’t say anything about pay only asked for advise.

Yes there are troubled and good people. Although I got a troubled one no need to put the best down on all. It’s life it happens. 

When someone is reaching out for advise if you’ve got it give it

if you only want to vent frustration for what may or may not happened to you there’s mirrors for great conversations and they 

never turn on you. 

I’ve reminded myself several times I need to stop talking to myself. 

Only one person in the family speaks English. 

Was out in the yard the other night conversing out loud and the reason I said I need to stop it. Neighbor kids friend said he’s Mao (drunk) the neighbor kind said no he’s Ba (Crazy)...

Being crazy keeps me from going insane

Such is life..   be happy when you can and understanding when you

can’t....

On 1/8/2019 at 3:30 PM, GalaxyMan said:

My Thai girlfriend's husband abandoned her 8 years ago after a year of marriage and running up mounds of debt. Typical story. My question is what can she do to be legally divorced when she hasn't seen nor heard from him in years?

Forget about divorce, have him declared legally dead!

9 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

She is Thai, and she doesn't know how to get a divorce in Thailand? But she knows how to get you to pay for one. Another deer in the headlights. But she is different. 55555

Quite possible it’s not something taught in school and probably didn’t think she’d ever need to. Here there may be different requirements in every province 

On January 9, 2562 BE at 12:51 PM, GalaxyMan said:

I don't get the comments or questions about me. This has nothing to do with me other than the fact that she is my girlfriend. It took her 8 years of busting her ass to pay off all of the debt her husband saddled her with. She says, and I have no reason to disbelieve her, not that it matters, that I'm the first farang that she's ever had anything to do with on a personal level. She doesn't particularly care for farangs. She is an educated woman and has been the spa director at several of the top 5-Star resorts in Thailand. Now that she is no longer in debt and is acquiring property of her own, she doesn't want the husband to suddenly show up and try to claim anything because of his spousal rights. That's why she wants to make sure that he is legally severed from her life. Has nothing to do with me.

The comments and questions are because your post reads like a "soon to be victim" of another Thai scam to extort money. You have heard the stories like we all have of foreigners losing large sums of money to manipulative Thai women, so don't act too surprised with the responses you got. However, you response here does she a different light on things and obviously you are not in a position of being manipulated and potentially ripped off.

The legal stuff has already been answered so nothing for me to add except I hope she sorts it out so she can get on with her life.

18 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

You should have said "what part of that do you not want to get and have no intention of ever getting". Don't waste your time with them.

People who don't let reality get in the way of what they want to believe are actually fun. Gives you something to laugh at/about. Can anyone say Trump? ????

This isn't my first dance. I've been coming to Thailand and Samui in particular since 1983. I've lived all over the world. I've never been accused of being asleep at the wheel. Common sense goes a long way in life. Men who only look at women as cum buckets, well, what can I say? I don't do relationship paid by the hour; never have, never will. Easy to get together with Rosey for a quickie. Less expensive. ???? Patience turns out to be a virtue for me, having met the best woman I've ever known, and Thai at that!

36 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

I don't do relationship paid by the hour; never have, never will.

Patience turns out to be a virtue for me, having met the best woman I've ever known, and Thai at that!

Monthy rentals are so much better value.

Shame she was another man's wife.

On 1/9/2019 at 12:51 PM, GalaxyMan said:

So this high educated woman doesn't know how to divorce her husband. I thought you talked about a bargirl. 

Archived