Thai woman abandoned by Thai husband

GalaxyMan

17 hours ago, bbi1 said:
On 1/9/2019 at 1:00 PM, BritManToo said:

We're all assuming you're sleeping with another man's wife, so technically that makes you a criminal under Thai law.

The only thing I've found says that adultery is NOT a criminal offense in Thailand. Besides, I like sleeping with other men's wives, sisters, mothers, etc. Far more fun.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

The only thing I've found says that adultery is NOT a criminal offense in Thailand. Besides, I like sleeping with other men's wives, sisters, mothers, etc. Far more fun.

It doesn't sound like a good recipe for a long life :coffee1:

Boy so many hateful replies bout this woman nd her motives.

Mkaes me wonder why some many of you remain in Thailand, could I t be because the mysoginy and intolerance would not be accepted in your native countries?

38 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Boy so many hateful replies bout this woman nd her motives.

Mkaes me wonder why some many of you remain in Thailand, could I t be because the mysoginy and intolerance would not be accepted in your native countries?

Nah, how could you possibly think such a thing! ????

GF is constantly offended when she gets treated like a bargirl just because she is with an older farang when we go outside of our normal territory, which is northern Samui. Asians in general and Thais in particular are very cruel when it comes to judging others, especially their own. They, of course, the judgers, are always perfect, which is why they go to the temple to pray to a statue of a guy who said don't worship me to ask for his intercession in the LOTO process. If it weren't so funny, I'd cry.

Good luck Galaxy Man.

Take no notice of the losers &/or sceptics. Each to their own. I'm a 20 year expat with no problems, [except for a couple of alcohol/motorbike related] Have had relations with bar ladies & others. 'NEVER' over reached!

Now have settled in with an 8 year relationship & very happy .

By the same token, 3 of my buddies who set girls up in bars have lost out, one big time, & one suicide. I love the bars ,but only sit on the outside !!

2 hours ago, tugboat too said:

Good luck Galaxy Man.

Take no notice of the losers &/or sceptics. Each to their own. I'm a 20 year expat with no problems, [except for a couple of alcohol/motorbike related] Have had relations with bar ladies & others. 'NEVER' over reached!

Now have settled in with an 8 year relationship & very happy .

By the same token, 3 of my buddies who set girls up in bars have lost out, one big time, & one suicide. I love the bars ,but only sit on the outside !!

Water tends to seek its own level. I don't find the Thai people/women any more devious than people/women anywhere else in the world, it's just a different style, which I find delightful to watch. ????

Not sure what the law is on that, but all of the debt was accrued in her name. A real slimeball Thai male. Her worry about being debt-free and accumulating assets makes her want to make sure that he can't just waltz back into her life and claim half of everything because he's her legal husband. Court date is March 18. Lawyer says it's a no-brainer. We'll find out.

• 1 month later...

Well, zero hour is fast approaching. The builder told us yesterday that he will have the house ready for transfer on the 15th of March. Can't wait.

I found this interesting tidbit about usufructs:

Although a Thai usufruct extinguishes upon a person’s death in Thailand, there is an odd quirk to this rule: a lease of a usufruct can be obtained in Thailand and this Thai lease will remain valid even if the owner of the Thai usufruct who granted the Thai lease should die. This means that one can enact a lease on a lifetime usufruct (duly registered with the Thai land office), and that lease shall be binding upon the underlying property owner in Thailand regardless of the fact that the Thai usufruct has been extinguished upon the death of the lifetime Thai usufruct holder.

• 3 weeks later...

A final resolution to this problem.

The GF had her day in court. Took about 30 minutes and the judge granted the divorce upon grounds of abandonment. The ex didn't bother to show up, which only helped.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:51 PM, GalaxyMan said:

I don't get the comments or questions about me. This has nothing to do with me other than the fact that she is my girlfriend. It took her 8 years of busting her ass to pay off all of the debt her husband saddled her with. She says, and I have no reason to disbelieve her, not that it matters, that I'm the first farang that she's ever had anything to do with on a personal level. She doesn't particularly care for farangs. She is an educated woman and has been the spa director at several of the top 5-Star resorts in Thailand. Now that she is no longer in debt and is acquiring property of her own, she doesn't want the husband to suddenly show up and try to claim anything because of his spousal rights. That's why she wants to make sure that he is legally severed from her life. Has nothing to do with me.

Hmmmmmmmm.

She is an educated woman

but she can't find out how to get divorced and has to wait for you to show up to find out for her!

Can she use the internet? Does she know how to use google?

40 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmmmmmm.

She is an educated woman

but she can't find out how to get divorced and has to wait for you to show up to find out for her!

Can she use the internet? Does she know how to use google?

Maybe you should read the entire thread and learn the answers to your questions instead of parading your prejudices and ignorance so blatantly.

Since you clearly have a reading comprehension issue, let me state it once again: I wanted to understand the process. She didn't need me to do anything for her. She found a lawyer on her own and went through the process to a successful conclusion.

Your interest is appreciated, sort of like hemorrhoids.

39 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

Maybe you should read the entire thread and learn the answers to your questions instead of parading your prejudices and ignorance so blatantly.

Since you clearly have a reading comprehension issue, let me state it once again: I wanted to understand the process. She didn't need me to do anything for her. She found a lawyer on her own and went through the process to a successful conclusion.

Your interest is appreciated, sort of like hemorrhoids.

If you can't be bothered to put all the relevant information in the OP, why the <deleted> should I be bothered to read the entire 5 pages?

If she had done it, why didn't she explain it to you?

Does she not speak English well enough to be able to tell you what you wanted to know?

On 1/9/2019 at 8:18 AM, BritManToo said:

They've always got a sob story to tell the gullible foreigner.

Thai man done me wrong ......... etc., etc.

You're supposed to give her money, not post the story on ThaiVISA.

Exactly.

We often hear about the Thai man abandoning his kid and leaving. But I have discovered often the mother keeps the kid and tells him to F-off and she has back up from her family of course. I wonder how many of these men didnt abandon anyone but after separation were told to not show face. 

Thais don't do amicable break ups. They don't stay civil for the kids. They become enemies immediately and start acting like adolescents.

And by the way: women here can rack up debt like nobody's business! They all into the lottery and gambling. It is the Thai female vice. For men, it is beer. 

I bet SHE racked up the debt!

12 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Exactly.

We often hear about the Thai man abandoning his kid and leaving. But I have discovered often the mother keeps the kid and tells him to F-off and she has back up from her family of course. I wonder how many of these men didnt abandon anyone but after separation were told to not show face. 

Thais don't do amicable break ups. They don't stay civil for the kids. They become enemies immediately and start acting like adolescents.

And by the way: women here can rack up debt like nobody's business! They all into the lottery and gambling. It is the Thai female vice. For men, it is beer. 

I bet SHE racked up the debt!

Ah , the voice of misogynism raises its ugly head and shouts out loud and clear. If this is how you bet, you must really lose a lot of money playing poker. I clean your clock on this bet. ????

I know several Thai women who kicked their useless, lazy, drunk, abusive husbands out to protect themselves and their children. Good for them.

Archived