Yingluck appointed head of South China port

snoop1130

1 minute ago, faraday said:

Although not a vintage, always used to enjoy Cockburn's Special Reserve Port.

Last had some 2 years ago; just wasn't the same - prolly fortified with Elderberries.

You ever had any decent Port here - not Thai port, I hasten to add!

This is getting off the subject but a few years ago I found some Angove's Vintage Port in Villa Mart Ploenchit. Bought 3 bottles and scoffed them in a short time. Good stuff! Always look but have never seen it again.

As for Yingluck; if I was Port Manager I would employ her on looks alone, no seaport experience necessary. 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I think China has spoken.

There might be some problems here in the near future.

More likely the Shinawatra payback promise is restoration of the postponed Thai-Chinese infrastructure projects under Chinese management. 

Just now, marcusarelus said:

Masters degree American university, CEO AIS one of the largest phone companies in the world. 

:cheesy:   Ha!  Like the latter really would have happened anywhere in the world were it not for the fact it was then a family owned company.  Absent that, she'd still be growing mushrooms.

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

:cheesy:   Ha!  Like the latter really would have happened anywhere in the world were it not for the fact it was then a family owned company.  Absent that, she'd still be growing mushrooms.

Mushrooms?  You do know she is Great-great-granddaughter of King Thammalangka.  I don't think they ever grew mushrooms.  

Bachelor's degree from Chiang Mai University and a master's degree from Kentucky State University

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

no need for shopping. just have the containers dropped off at her house.:cheesy:

I like that comment. At her age still having the sex appeal non? May be hormone replacement therapy is doing a good job.

14 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Mushrooms?  You do know she is Great-great-granddaughter of King Thammalangka.  I don't think they ever grew mushrooms.  

Don't know about her ancestors... But she certainly did/does...  You really gotta do better in keeping up with the news here.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Now-Yingluck-grows-mushrooms-30261315.html

Now Yingluck grows mushrooms

Breaking News May 31, 2015 10:50

By The Nation

Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra Sunday posted her photos on her Facebook wall, showing herself in a hut where she grew mushrooms.

In the picture, she wore a t-shirt with wording of “ordinary life” in Thai. She said in the post that she was free so she grew organic vegetables and own consuming.

2 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

China is a member of Interpol and has an extradition treaty with Thailand.

Should be interesting.

One police state protecting another police state. China wants more power. Yingluck said when we get back in power we will make sure you get your power. Power is everything in this modern day games of throne.

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

As has been pointed out before, even if an Interpol red notice has been issued (and I don't think it's clear that one has been issued for her, as far as I'm aware) it's entirely up to the law enforcement authorities in any member country to decide whether they want to arrest the person who is the subject of the notice or not - and in general, countries are less likely to act on such notices if there's a suspicion that it might be politically motivated.

Could be a challenging decision for China as know nothing about political motivation. 

41 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Don't know about her ancestors... But she certainly did/does...  You really gotta do better in keeping up with the news here.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Now-Yingluck-grows-mushrooms-30261315.html

I didn't think the great granddaughter of the King would raise mushrooms.  Nice to know her facebook page was accurate.  I thought it was just bs.  Thanks.

52 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I didn't think the great granddaughter of the King would raise mushrooms.  Nice to know her facebook page was accurate.  I thought it was just bs.  Thanks.

It was a case of her trying hard to appear to the Thailand masses as "ordinary people," which she's anything but by virtue solely of her family and brother's wealth and status that puts them in an entirely different world than the average Thai citizen.

She showed she's clearly not one of the "ordinary people" by fleeing the country in the face of a justified criminal prosecution and leaving her lieutenants (Cabinet officers) behind to be convicted and sentenced to decades in prison for corruption and abusing their authority in the rice pledging scam, which YL oversaw.

Archived