Yingluck appointed head of South China port

snoop1130

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

China is a member of Interpol and has an extradition treaty with Thailand.

Should be interesting.

Thailand has a commitment to refugees. Without contacting UNHRC. they have returned many people to their countries of origin.

I love Thailand, I hate them kow towing all the time 

2 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Thailand has a commitment to refugees. Without contacting UNHRC. they have returned many people to their countries of origin.

I love Thailand, I hate them kow towing all the time 

Agree. See my post #61 and the link I gave.

It's not only China - they are willing to send other nationalities back to certain torture (and, who knows what else). 

8 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Should be interesting.

You don’t actually believe they will bring her back, do you?

It’s all a Thai pony show. 

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

What qualifications does she have for that ?

regards worgeordie

She ran a country , so running a port should be a walk in the park.

Unless it’s a strategic move by Chinese government to ensure Thailand is in its pocket forever ????

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

Unless it’s a strategic move by Chinese government to ensure Thailand is in its pocket forever ????

Which it will be. So now I know where Pinocchio and Ol' Fatty will be retiring to, I was starting to get worried that they might not have a job after the invisible election

Its nothing but a media piece trying to prompt propoganda that she's an honest working person with a job. 

Taksin was particulary famed for manipulating the media in this way, and the media play along because their owners are politicos as well.

Get ready for more - it is just a starter piece that will feed to another story and then another over the coming months, before the election. To fuel whatever outcome they want to target. 

"Earlier there were speculation that Thaksin has bought a container port in China.....Thaksin is estimated to be worth between US$1.5 billion to US$2.5 billion.......A media in China just reported Yongluck has been appointed to the CEO status of a port "

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Buying rice at twice the World price,then letting it rot and go missing,

in godowns that were costing for storage,costing Thailand Billions THB,

very astute business practices,she should do well.

regards Worgeordie

14 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Should be interesting.

Its not interesting at all, its not the first country she has been in which is both a member of Interpol and had an extradition treaty with Thailand.  The thing is, Interpol have a clear policy, they do not enforce politically motivated charges, which hers most obviously are.

According to Chinese state backed The Paper, a majority stake in the port was recently bought by a Singaporean investor, who then appointed her. 

"Hutchison Port Holdings, a former majority shareholder of the Guangdong province-based port company, sold its 70 percent stake to a Singaporean investor and also brought in other investors afterward, state-backed The Paper reported today, citing the Hong Kong-based former parent".

https://medium.com/@yicaichina/former-thai-pm-in-exile-appears-as-chinese-port-terminal-chief-33ab16ce6430

Two points not yet raised are:

She, and her brother, will have to tread carefully as the Chinese take a dim view towards corruption.  (When it suits them).

This could well be used as a bargaining chip by the Chinese later.  It's highly unlikely that state approval wasn't required for this decision affecting the only container port for the Shantou SEZ, and one of 25 designated "National key ports", and the Chinese aren't known for playing the short game.

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Buying rice at twice the World price,then letting it rot and go missing,

in godowns that were costing for storage,costing Thailand Billions THB,

very astute business practices,she should do well.

regards Worgeordie

That’s one way of looking at it, another is she was helping the poor????

She has all the qualifications needed well what money. Can buy 

and it looks like China will loose many containers 

maybe lost at sea 

maybe she will give back some of the money now that she has this fantastic new job 

To the poor people in Thailand 

but. Sadly pigs never fly

????????????????????

53 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

According to Chinese state backed The Paper, a majority stake in the port was recently bought by a Singaporean investor, who then appointed her. 

"Hutchison Port Holdings, a former majority shareholder of the Guangdong province-based port company, sold its 70 percent stake to a Singaporean investor and also brought in other investors afterward, state-backed The Paper reported today, citing the Hong Kong-based former parent".

https://medium.com/@yicaichina/former-thai-pm-in-exile-appears-as-chinese-port-terminal-chief-33ab16ce6430

Two points not yet raised are:

She, and her brother, will have to tread carefully as the Chinese take a dim view towards corruption.  (When it suits them).

This could well be used as a bargaining chip by the Chinese later.  It's highly unlikely that state approval wasn't required for this decision affecting the only container port for the Shantou SEZ, and one of 25 designated "National key ports", and the Chinese aren't known for playing the short game.

That is exactly  what I suspected.The family bought big stake not major shares in that port and thereby shot the appointment. Very obvious without any reports or announcement. If A Singaporean investor/company then it is indeed their money laundering arm.

Archived