snoop1130

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cobby said:

She has all the qualifications needed well what money. Can buy 

and it looks like China will loose many containers 

maybe lost at sea 

maybe she will give back some of the money now that she has this fantastic new job 

To the poor people in Thailand 

but. Sadly pigs never fly

????????????????????

You know what’s funny ? Is that even with all the corruption and bad deals , average Thai was better off when shins were in power . Where as under “ an honest” government that runs it now , people are struggling to make ends meet

Nice job in exchange for what?

Be careful...look at what China is doing in Myanmar, paying off officials to rob Myanmar of all its natural resources.......and leaving an environmental disaster for Myanmar to deal with later after they have depleted the resources......depending on future elections is This pattern in Thailands future ????? What deals were xut with this new poaition i wonder???? I really hope I am wrong but look at the South China Sea, look at Africa.........the imbalance and influence must aupport 1.4 billion+++++

38 minutes ago, BestB said:

That’s one way of looking at it, another is she was helping the poor????

I don't think the poor were the ones that received the most benefit,

Rice mills, Godown owners, corrupt politicians, done very nicely out

of the ill thought out and managed scheme.

regards Worgeordie

51 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

That is exactly  what I suspected.The family bought big stake not major shares in that port and thereby shot the appointment. Very obvious without any reports or announcement. If A Singaporean investor/company then it is indeed their money laundering arm.

You don;t get to be a chairperson of the board if you don't own a major share of any company. Tightly controlled Singapore; money laundering??? Maybe you new to this region. 

12 hours ago, kane666 said:

Hope her degrees weren't in Economics.

K State is a paper mill. An HBCU that takes in foreign students because they are cash cows.

Kentucky State University has a program of residential study for international students that focuses upon the development of English Language skills and exposure to American culture. KSU particularly seeks students from East Asia (China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan)

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

According to Chinese state backed The Paper, a majority stake in the port was recently bought by a Singaporean investor, who then appointed her. 

"Hutchison Port Holdings, a former majority shareholder of the Guangdong province-based port company, sold its 70 percent stake to a Singaporean investor and also brought in other investors afterward, state-backed The Paper reported today, citing the Hong Kong-based former parent".

https://medium.com/@yicaichina/former-thai-pm-in-exile-appears-as-chinese-port-terminal-chief-33ab16ce6430

Two points not yet raised are:

She, and her brother, will have to tread carefully as the Chinese take a dim view towards corruption.  (When it suits them).

This could well be used as a bargaining chip by the Chinese later.  It's highly unlikely that state approval wasn't required for this decision affecting the only container port for the Shantou SEZ, and one of 25 designated "National key ports", and the Chinese aren't known for playing the short game.

I was wondering under what passport would Yingluck be entering China and under what kind of visa.

The passport might be UK or Singapore, the latter if the Shinawatras bought into Hutchison Port Holdings through the Singaporean investor.

The visa might be one of the recent offerings. https://www.businessinsider.com/china-is-offering-long-term-visas-to-foreigners-to-boost-its-economy-2018-1

I am happy to see that Yingluck is doing well.

What this new opportunity also illustrates is that Yingluck's "escape" was a co-coordinated deal and effort that went all the way to the top. I wish the best for Yingluck.

On the upcoming election, I think Prayut and the junta crew will maintain power - which is good for Thailand.

12733472_1163404830370637_8092315226712840311_n.jpg

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Its not interesting at all, its not the first country she has been in which is both a member of Interpol and had an extradition treaty with Thailand.  The thing is, Interpol have a clear policy, they do not enforce politically motivated charges, which hers most obviously are.

Interpol do not enforce anything.  They don't have that power.  They can only assist in locating and arrest of a suspect.

In this case, Interpol turned down an application for an Interpol notice.

1 hour ago, phyx1u5 said:

I wonder if there will be a rent-a-crowd waiting with all same coloured flowers for when she arrives....sorry I didn't mean rent-a-crowd, I meant loyal supporters...

I saw her randomly at a shopping mall before she fled Thailand. It wasn’t a planned event for the mall, she was just shopping. A very large crowd quickly gathered. The people absolutely love her.

Yingluck and her brother have plenty of loyal supporters.

4 hours ago, BestB said:

She ran a country , so running a port should be a walk in the park.

Unless it’s a strategic move by Chinese government to ensure Thailand is in its pocket forever ????

Clones don't run anything. They are run by others.

14 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

yea but China taught Thailand corruption and her brother is loaded....

Before the 1980 economic reform, Mainland China has little corruption because everyone is dirt poor. 

At that time, food and cloth has to be rationed. 

No one was allowed to leave the country; even government officials can't leave the country.

Money was of little use because there was nothing to buy.  

Archived