Will getting a new passport remove the history of teaching waivers?

Riau

Hello.

I’m on my 4th waiver now that I was lucky to get after I got my new passport.

The website of Khurusapha (TCT) says, however, that I’m just on my 1st waiver

with my new passport number, even though that’s the 4th one overall, as I said.

Would you think that getting a new passport will eliminate the history of teaching

waivers? If so, would you think it possible for me to get the 2nd waiver with my

new passport number, which is going to be my 5th one in total?

Thank you in advance.

This does seem to be the case at this time.  I used up 10 years worth of waivers before getting a real Teacher's License. 

If you are counting on this, you are basically betting that the TCT is never going to get their act together.  (probably a fairly safe bet)

17 hours ago, Riau said:

The website of Khurusapha (TCT) says, however, that I’m just on my 1st waiver

with my new passport number, even though that’s the 4th one overall, as I said.

Try to get your data from the database by entering your full name in capitals. If the result is still one entry then you're good. However, I suspect all 4 temporary teaching permit will come up.

Even if you teach at a school with some educational standing, I'd say doubtful.

Put 5k down on a grad diploma. Get an enrollment certificate, bring it to Khrusapa with your application.

I had 4 waivers. I think while it's uncommon it's less rare than I once thought it was.

12 hours ago, Riau said:

Would you think it possible for me

to get the 5th waiver?

Only if you do what ozmeldo advised.

11 hours ago, ozmeldo said:

Put 5k down on a grad diploma. Get an enrollment certificate, bring it to Khrusapa with your application.

Hello,

Thanks for all your comments.

I still don't know why TCT gave me the 4th waiver, though.

One of the Western teachers for my school is enrolled in

a course now after he's used up all his 3 waivers, another

teacher left school after he used up his 3 waivers because

he didn't want to pay for the course, which he said would

not be worth the money, and the other teacher is on his 4th

waiver now. To be honest I don't know how TCT will decide

whether or not they will give you the 4th waiver. That's

very strange.

It's not worth the money, especially if you're looking at teaching jobs for 40-45k. At 50+ it can be rationalized if one amortizes it over not three but four years. On top of this, the actually education one receives is well... Filipino.

Get the certificate for 5k if it works, great if it doesn't move on. You don't have to finalize payment for weeks or months. You'll have your waiver. I'm sure that will change.

Why? I'd have to see your resume to venture. Why not others, same.

I've always found Khrusapa reasonable. Do the paperwork correctly and you'll get what you're after.

You can tear thru three waivers in three years and get a fourth. My question is why didn't you get a fourth? It's very available for the right teachers. The bar I don't think is very high BUT I believe if the fourth falls outside six years, the teacher may not be given the waiver.

Thank you for your comment.

Do you mean that you could get the 4th or even 5th waiver

if you haven't used up 6 years yet?

The foreign teacher who is on his 4th waiver for my school

now actually told me that you could get a waiver up to as

many as 6 times till you've used up 6 years, which means

that you could get the 6th waiver in 6 years, changing

schools every year, roughly speaking. I don't know, though.

Anything is possible. I'd venture to say and almost risked totally going for it myself. Meaning, I'd let Khrusapa take me out. But, I'm a risk taker and this is a second career. I like the classroom.

I'd have been willing to bet my resume and the schools I'd built up would carry me through to five. I doubt anyone would get six in six years becsause that's changing schools mid term more than once.

Lostinissan aka jenny5000 would speculate Khrusapa doesn't like job hoppers. I don't think they care at one level. Further, if you are apply to a noteworthy school, that's gotta be a plus. Flip side, I'm if all you're doing is bouncing from one crap school to another, they might ding your ass, even on the third.

Having said all this, my Thai HoD always fearful of getting teachers thru Khrusapa on waivers. He's been there a long time. I think it's more because there's a history of really good and really bad teachers there and in his head he's not differentiating.

It's also possible to go for the waiver and if rejected, reapply with the certificate. Failing all this, China or Vietnam

2 hours ago, taiwanatoa said:

What is a teaching waiver ?

In order to teach in most schools, you must have a Teacher's License, TL.   If you not eligible to get a TL, then the school can apply for waiver.   If it is granted, the waiver is for the school to hire you without a TL.   Waiver's are not indefinite and you must eventually comply with the requirements for a TL.

That's the simple view.   There are lots of details in the middle of all this.  

Hello,

Today I talked to one of the Western teachers for

my school that told me that you could get up to 

6th waiver for up to 6 years and asked him if he 

knew anybody on the 6th one, and he answered

NO, adding that someone told him about it. 555

Have you ever met any foreign teacher on the 6th

waiver before? I'm so curious to know about that.

Archived