Six Thai provinces to become ‘beggar-free’

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

repeat offenders will face a fine of up to Bt10,000

And where are beggars expected to find 10,000 baht to pay the fine? Seems the only way to raise the money is to beg a bit harder and more often? The sheer brilliance of the Beggar Control Committee defies belief. Thailand administration on show for all to see, fools that they are.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

South’s Trang province has provided vocational training to beggars to enable them to sustainably care for their families.

Romania does the same thing for their gipsy/romanichelle people, special "pickpocket" schools

6 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

I support a couple of beggars old school friends of my Mrs who live in absolute abject poverty on 800 baht a month government disability income they have been constantly harassed by police mainly because one has no fingers and toes and cant move fast enough to get out of the market its a shocker to see such inhumanity in what's supposed to be a religious country ????

your Mrs is part of ........ make givers feel good about themselves; it's called merit-making.

7 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

your Mrs is part of ........ make givers feel good about themselves; it's called merit-making.

Nothing to do with merit making or any reward more to do with here by the grace of god and all that try it????

8 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Essentially making destitution a crime

You have reached rock bottom, lost all hope and are reduced to grovelling on the floor to stay alive. - As punishment I'm going to increase the burden.

And they call this a flagship project? 

Maybe if the overriding objective is to hide any hint of empathy

Officials have duty of care. I'm not quite sure where making the Gestapo look like Samaritans fits into the grand plan

Begging is a business. Prime spots are subject to "rent" payments to local gangs and  officials. People are trafficked in to beg. Cripples and disfigured kids are  big earners. 

Thailand is a prosperous nation. Although there is "poverty" there is  no destitution. Thais do not need to beg, nor work in a beer bar nor sell their bodies. That is why Cambodians, Laotians, Burmese are trafficked in to work these jobs.

Archived