Tourist Visa extension and new passport

Good Morning,

My passeport running out of pages, i decided to get a new one at my consulate (France) in Bangkok.

They told me they will cancel my current passport, let me keep it and give me a letter for the Visa Transfert.

I'm currently on a SETV expiring on the 23rd this month. I should get the new passeport on the 21st.

I am planning to do the 30 days extension at Jomtien on the old passeport on the 18th BEFORE i get the new passport.

Will there be any issue to have this extension transfered on the new passport? 

• 2 weeks later...

To bounce back on the subject.

I have now my new passeport and they cancelled my actual passeport + give me a letter.

Can someone confirm:

- I won't have any problem checking in an hotel or in a domestic plane with old passport + Letter + new passeport?

- I won't have any problem in any case where i should show my passeport to the autorities?

- When i go out the country should i just go to the normal immigration queue for stamps transfer or is it in an other office?

Thank you

PS: i am on a tourist visa that was extended before i got the new passport.

Edited by prb

44 minutes ago, prb said:

Can someone confirm:

- I won't have any problem checking in an hotel or in a domestic plane with old passport + Letter + new passeport?

- I won't have any problem in any case where i should show my passeport to the autorities?

- When i go out the country should i just go to the normal immigration queue for stamps transfer or is it in an other office?

For a domestic flight they only look at the photo page for ID purposes. For a hotel you would show them both passports.

Just be prepared to show both passports if needed.

You just line up at a departure immigration desk. The officer will take care of the stamping in your new passport.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, i have an other question,:

I am currently on an extension of my tourist Visa.

The extension is on the old corner cut passeport.

I understand that when you leave the country, the immigration at the border transfers the stamps with the dates into the new passeport.

Can you confirm that they are able to transfer the extension that has not been done at the border but in the local immigration office.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Ok, everything went smoothly at BKK airport.

20 minutes were needed for the paperwork and the stamps transfer.

No stress for me as i was there well in advance on purpose, but people need to think about it if they have to fly early.