BANGKOK 24 January 2019 03:59
webfact

Six migrants held for using eight young children to beg in Pattaya

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Just dreadful.

Thais are just as bad, dont give two hoots about their kids and most cant wait till they are old enough to go sell themselves that being from 14 upwards...

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

In plain English: On Tuesday the Pattaya police decided to do the job they're paid to do, just for one day.

I wonder how long it takes DNA test results to come back?

Other reports I've seen seem to indicate a couple of weeks. Is that another case of staff not having to work too hard, or are they genuinely under-resourced?

In the meantime I assume all those arrested will be detained by the police.

Send it to Khao Tao where it can be done almost immediately by the local police.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It took a Facebook page? I struggle to remember a time I have walked down 2nd Rd and NOT seen a woman squatting with a lolling baby scrounging. 

Get the guy who drops them off in a pickup!

seldom seen these days.......what about the old guy with amputated legs.. he has an expensive mbike with sidecart, parked down the road from his wheelchair...

i usually donate to those with major amputations, especially the guy who slides around on his buttocks..

its hard to know how genuine they are- either way-- 20 bahts is nothing for me--can feed them for a .day.

i often give 100baht to amputees....

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, murraynz said:

seldom seen these days.......what about the old guy with amputated legs.. he has an expensive mbike with sidecart, parked down the road from his wheelchair...

i usually donate to those with major amputations, especially the guy who slides around on his buttocks..

its hard to know how genuine they are- either way-- 20 bahts is nothing for me--can feed them for a .day.

i often give 100baht to amputees....

He can still be seen on Walking St (ironic) in his hand powered wheelchair. He used to hang around 13/1 and 13/2 and Pattayaland many years ago. Not seen 'The Slug' for a while either, maybe saw him a couple of months back.  But the women with the kids, many of them, still see those regularly and in the past saw them being dropped off. I am afraid I am very cynical wrt these beggars.

Edited by jacko45k

7 hours ago, webfact said:

she was concerned the woman might be using someone else’s baby to beg for money.

perhaps all good and well with the biologic mother as long as she receives the "rental fee"

I see the same woman with young kid begging every day for 6 months on 2nd rd. Not sure its mafia , she can earn 500 baht in a few hours

Once I came across a well dressed Thai woman with a Toyota and  3 kids on  Jomtien beach , early morning ,  two were well dressed and one was absolutely filthy , she stopped her 2 kids from playing to close  with the little  girl . I eventually figured that she was hiding the girl while some sort of police raid was going on .

Horrible people .