Trump demands U.S. border wall, sidesteps declaring emergency

webfact

1 hour ago, David Walden said:

You could likely apply the same comment in the US about paying taxes and get the same answer.  As much as we all hate paying taxes we all know it has to happen the wall also. Sooner or later it will happen. Preferably before the illegals get the vote, outnumber you and send all of you Americans off to there now bankrupt counties.  Which they own also, you'll be paying them rent.  But that will all happen after I'm dead and gone but not forgotten.  Too many people in the US want to be President, I think at least 5 million... Perhaps I got that wrong maybe only 2.5 million.

We might get a fence, but we will never get the impenetrable metal barrier Trump loves to rant on and on about, during his campaign. It would cost $40 to $70 billion. All it takes is a tunnel, which is so easy to create, so even if we had that mythical wall, it would barely stop the flow. The illegal immigrants would get in with or without a wall. And the terrorists all come by sea or air. Maybe we can build a cage around the entire country? 

The presidency is the last job in the world I would want. I am not sure if there is any amount of money they could pay me, that would compel me to take that most horrendous of jobs. I think the only people that are attracted to that job (these days) are the megalomaniacs and fame hungry (Trump), those that love to wield real power (Clinton, Eisenhower, Nixon), those that are deluded into thinking they really have something to offer (Trump, Bush Jr.) and those that are idealists (Carter, Lincoln?, and a few others from the long forgotten past). Nobody of nobility, grace, elegance, vision, or integrity would seek the job at this stage. The days of the Bill Bradley and Bill Richardson types are long past. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's the "great negotiator" from hell! I hope Americans think really hard before going with a "businessman" criminally corrupt con man president again.

‘He’s a gut politician’: Trump’s go-to negotiating tactics aren’t working in shutdown standoff

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hes-a-gut-politician-trumps-go-to-negotiating-tactics-not-working-in-shutdown-standoff/2019/01/09/c7bb5ff2-142b-11e9-b6ad-9cfd62dbb0a8_story.html

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

We might get a fence, but we will never get the impenetrable metal barrier Trump loves to rant on and on about, during his campaign. It would cost $40 to $70 billion. All it takes is a tunnel, which is so easy to create, so even if we had that mythical wall, it would barely stop the flow. The illegal immigrants would get in with or without a wall. And the terrorists all come by sea or air. Maybe we can build a cage around the entire country? 

The presidency is the last job in the world I would want. I am not sure if there is any amount of money they could pay me, that would compel me to take that most horrendous of jobs. I think the only people that are attracted to that job (these days) are the megalomaniacs and fame hungry (Trump), those that love to wield real power (Clinton, Eisenhower, Nixon), those that are deluded into thinking they really have something to offer (Trump, Bush Jr.) and those that are idealists (Carter, Lincoln?, and a few others from the long forgotten past). Nobody of nobility, grace, elegance, vision, or integrity would seek the job at this stage. The days of the Bill Bradley and Bill Richardson types are long past. 

Elegance, nobility, grace: you're forgetting Obama.

DonaId J. Trump (@realDenaldTrump)

1/10/19, 8:27 AM

Just saw the ratings for my BOARDER SECURITY address. Looks like Cryin’Chuck S & Crooked Nancy Pelosi beat me badly in ratings. This is very UNFAIR & probably illegal! A total DISGRACE for our country!! I will Not reopen goverment (even if I get $5B) if Dems don’t APOLOGIZE! Bad.

statute 33 us code§2293, 10 us code §2808 thats how the president will built the wall overriding cranky dems wih crankily cheap populism like  pelosi' s immoral wall, hanson's wall is racist, wall is a sign of white supremacy...what a load of dem crab.

pelosi, hanson, shumer etc dems what have they built around their residence !!!!!!! A WALL!!!!

typical dem bigotry.

wbr

roobaa01

statute 33 us code§2293, 10 us code §2808 thats how the president will built the wall overriding cranky dems wih crankily cheap populism like  pelosi' s immoral wall, hanson's wall is racist, wall is a sign of white supremacy...what a load of dem crab.

pelosi, hanson, shumer etc dems what have they built around their residence !!!!!!! A WALL!!!!

typical dem bigotry.

wbr
roobaa01
Laws were written naively assuming no president would be evil or crazy enough to invent a national emergency. Welcome to dictatorship. Doesn't sound very American to me.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

26 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

I don't know, I'm pretty fond of crab myself

4 hours ago, bristolboy said:

You think the Republicans are ever going to go after the employers of illegal immigrants in a serious way? Especially given that Trump's own businesses have been hiring them?

To be honest, both parties are largely slaves to big business, and both parties collect untold millions in donations from corporate sposors. The Chamber of Commerce is one of the largest lobby groups in Washington.  That is a big part of the problem. The political will to actually do something that protects America's workers is absent.

37 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

typical dem bigotry.

wbr

roobaa01

As clear as ever. ????

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're right taxation will continue. But the great wall of "trump" will never happen. He couldn't do that when he totally controlled the government and he certainly can't do that now. It's very simple minded of "trump" fans to think such a wall is the solution to the very complex issues surrounding immigration. 

Why make your decisions based on politics.  When the enemy is lapping at your doorstep you need bipartisan decisions now.  I think too many chiefs and not enough Indians in US politics.  

Mr. Trump just reported from the Border in Texas, one of the Agents in charge said in one day 133 illegals were apprehended from countries other than the usual suspects. 2 were Pakistani. Think about that, The agent was saying in his sector only 7 mi of border had a barrier with 93 miles of open border. Now the question is " How many folks aren't apprehended?

43 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Mr. Trump just reported from the Border in Texas, one of the Agents in charge said in one day 133 illegals were apprehended from countries other than the usual suspects. 2 were Pakistani. Think about that, The agent was saying in his sector only 7 mi of border had a barrier with 93 miles of open border. Now the question is " How many folks aren't apprehended?

You do know Pakistani asylum seekers are seeking safe haven from oppressive Islamists, the vast majority being Christian. Last year trump cut by half the asylum seeker intake into the US, this year dropping to 30,000. In the meantime millions of asylum seekers are waiting years for relocation by UNHCR, whilst trump is also seriously cutting foreign aid for the most disenfranchised. trump has not articulated a solution for the majority of illegals who arrive with a visa, then overstay, nor addressing funding for the estimated one million awaiting decision on their refugee status, whilst at the same time only 30,000 p.a. to actually be granted entry. In other words massive deceit by the trump administration, whilst only focusing on the optics for his base.

trump's knee jerk reactions are creating the very problems he is attempting to address. trump the destroyer does not have a strategic mind set, just tactical negative responses pandering to the minority of Americans - his base - a loser at large.

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

You do know Pakistani asylum seekers are seeking safe haven from oppressive Islamists, the vast majority being Christian. Last year trump cut by half the asylum seeker intake into the US, this year dropping to 30,000. In the meantime millions of asylum seekers are waiting years for relocation by UNHCR, whilst trump is also seriously cutting foreign aid for the most disenfranchised. trump has not articulated a solution for the majority of illegals who arrive with a visa, then overstay, only focusing on the optics for his base.

trump's knee jerk reactions are creating the very problems he is attempting to address. trump the destroyer does not have a strategic mind set, just tactical negative responses pandering to the minority of Americans - his base - a loser at large.

Everything is Trump's fault, illegals crossing the border, yep it's Trump's fault. The Border Agent confirmed the border requires more barrier. But, you go on living in your parallel universe. 

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Everything is Trump's fault, illegals crossing the border, yep it's Trump's fault. The Border Agent confirmed the border requires more barrier. But, you go on living in your parallel universe. 

How about addressing the points I raised rather than deflection

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

How about addressing the points I raised rather than deflection

This is about stopping illegals at the border. Illegals not just from south of the border but from countries all over the world because of the soft border. The illegals circumstance in their home country is not my concern.

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Classic move, edit my comment to feed your agenda.

Waste of time you're only obfusticating - just like trump - waste people's time and spins wheels on so many issues

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Please supply a link for this information.  

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're right taxation will continue. But the great wall of "trump" will never happen. He couldn't do that when he totally controlled the government and he certainly can't do that now. It's very simple minded of "trump" fans to think such a wall is the solution to the very complex issues surrounding immigration. 

Your reasoning is just politics...again.

This US border business reminds me of a situation that occurred in Western Australia's South West near my home 3 years ago.  W.A had then a recently new Gov appointed State Fire and Rescue Cheif.  He had applied for the job and was successful.  He was up till his appointment The Deputy Police Commissioner of Police in W.A.  In his acceptance speech he acknowledged that he had no experience as a firefighter but suggested his administrative skills were extensive as 2 IC of Police in Westen Australia.  He really did think you could fight out of control bushfires which were bearing down on a town of 180 houses all timber-framed with administrative skills.  At about 10 pm one evening of an out of control savage bush fire, he ordered that the existing team who had exceeded their allocated fire fighting time be withdrawn and be replaced with a new crew to continue the fight. To the amazement of the retiring crew who to a man/woman most said they wanted to stay and support the new crews, they would find it hard to sleep but that was not Administrative rule Bla, Bla, Bla.  During the change over period, the replacement crews about 80 men and women consisting highly experience firefighter mostly volunteers were required to attend a briefing in a large shed regarding the legalities and liabilities when fighting an out control bushfires.  During this period when the old firefighting crews were removed and the new crews were still being briefed the whole town burned down.  There were several tragic deaths.  After 3 years the fallout is still going on.  The volunteer Bush Fighting Brigade to a man/woman indicated they would they would go on strike if the Chief Fire officer was not removed.  A "Claytons" threat".  They still would have attended anything serious, just great people.  The Fire and Rescue Chief was given paid leave for a long period and later retired.  Politics should never be used to do soldiers jobs.  I expect it is the same with border control..."Experience is the best teacher"   If you want to stop illegal from getting into USA give the job to the soldiers, politicians would not know SH.. from clay.  Yes to many Chiefs and not enough Indians.    

A bit like Winston Churchill who was reported to have said when presented with a dozen different good ways to repel the enemy.  "I'll select one as best I know how. It may not be the best plan however the most important thing is to get the plan I select  implemented and that everyone support it with all their might."  There are plenty of good plans to protect the USA from an uncontrolled illegal invasion.  just implement one and stop the politics.

58 minutes ago, David Walden said:

A bit like Winston Churchill who was reported to have said when presented with a dozen different good ways to repel the enemy.  "I'll select one as best I know how. It may not be the best plan however the most important thing is to get the plan I select  implemented and that everyone support it with all their might."  There are plenty of good plans to protect the USA from an uncontrolled illegal invasion.  just implement one and stop the politics.

Such nonsense. Uncontrolled? Really? If it were in fact uncontrolled then there would be millions crossing over the southern border. If it were uncontrolled, why do would-be illegal immigrants pay $10,000 to get help in getting over that border?

Archived