Jump to content
BANGKOK 23 February 2019 02:00
webfact

Mystery death of French woman found floating in Samui: Police looking for motorbike

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Bernie622 said:

I wonder what type of Visa she had? Tourist only? 

In the OP.

"Isabel was not yet working and had been studying language at a school on Samui"

 

So probably a non-ED.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another foreigner dead (murdered maybe) and case will be closed soon : No sign of struggle etc etc etc etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Wallander4 said:

Another foreigner dead (murdered maybe) and case will be closed soon : No sign of struggle etc etc etc etc

She was visiting a waterfall, lots of people slip and fall around waterfalls.

It's not beyond the bounds that she fell and hit her head at the waterfall, then was washed into the sea.

 

Sad photo of the lady holding her dead friends hand.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

She was visiting a waterfall, lots of people slip and fall around waterfalls.

It's not beyond the bounds that she fell and hit her head at the waterfall, then was washed into the sea.

 

Sad photo of the lady holding her dead friends hand.

Perhaps she never made it to the waterfall. The way the water drains and with the currents, I don't know how she could have drifted to where she was found in only 2-3 hours. Perhaps she went swimming at a beach instead. The waterfall is from her friend's comment only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Perhaps she never made it to the waterfall. The way the water drains and with the currents, I don't know how she could have drifted to where she was found in only 2-3 hours. Perhaps she went swimming at a beach instead. The waterfall is from her friend's comment only.
So at the moment her friend's comment is the only thing they have to go on, no sign of the bike yet.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 2:04 PM, worgeordie said:

RIP, I hope the police don't take the easy way out,but really

do a proper investigation,the missing motor bike,is not good.

regards Worgeordie

You would be amazed at the network of informants that the Thai police have at their disposal and the information they can gather if they wish. There are low-level civil servants / elected representatives everywhere (think phoo yai bahn, rangers at the waterfall) who all have their own network of eyes and ears of locals and security guards. Add into to that the fact that Thailand is an outdoor society where everything is observed, Thais couldn't keep a secret if their life depended on it and the fact that nobody cares a damn here about client confidentiality (think banks, accountants). And then top it off with the nature of Samui where the locals all know each other and who is up to what.

 

However, if the truth is inconvenient, then we know the police will concoct an alternative scenario.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't speculate on the cause of death but being a single woman in Thailand is not really a great idea if you ask me.i had a couple of young girls (friends) go to samui and got robbed twice by ladyboys,once in there room.of course they got back to the uk and spread the word how dangerous it is in Thailand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 11:43 AM, Briggsy said:

You would be amazed at the network of informants that the Thai police have at their disposal and the information they can gather if they wish. There are low-level civil servants / elected representatives everywhere (think phoo yai bahn, rangers at the waterfall) who all have their own network of eyes and ears of locals and security guards. Add into to that the fact that Thailand is an outdoor society where everything is observed, Thais couldn't keep a secret if their life depended on it and the fact that nobody cares a damn here about client confidentiality (think banks, accountants). And then top it off with the nature of Samui where the locals all know each other and who is up to what.

 

However, if the truth is inconvenient, then we know the police will concoct an alternative scenario.

Hope that you are right but does anyone have an update on this sad story?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think she just slipped and hit her head.

But the conspiracies will continue as always and another mystery death can be added to the list. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 5:40 AM, balo said:

I would think she just slipped and hit her head.

But the conspiracies will continue as always and another mystery death can be added to the list. 

 

Sure, I can add to them, maybe not ... (this is true not a conspiracy story). A friend of mine (on Samui) got knocked off his bike deliberately on the way home by someone in a '4x4'. Lucky for him he wasn't injured seriously. When he got up he asked for his motorbike keys back and got no response, so walked away, probably saving his life. The motorbike 'disappeared' and he was charged the full new price for a 2nd hand bike from the rental company.

There are many more stories about car rentals as well, bet you can't wait to hear about them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...