Job Vacancy For Thai Lecturer Teaching English ≥ 28,000 / Month

wuli

Walailak University Language Institute (WULI), located in Tha Sala District of Nakhon Si Thammarat, South of Thailand is seeking a Thai to join our English language teaching team. The details are as follows:

Benefits:
• Salary
   > 40,000 THB/month for a Doctoral degree holder
   > 28,000 THB/month for a Master’s degree holder
• Personal Accident Insurance
• Compensatory payment
• Entitlement to become a full-time permanent staff (based on your performance)

Duties:

·        Teaching English as a Second Language courses (TESOL) in General Education programs

·        Tutoring students/employees in additional English courses as requested by the university

·        Performing a weekly formative assessment as specified within the course syllabus

·        Arranging a weekly office hour session to help students who have limited proficiency of English

·        Proctoring tests and exams as requested by WULI

·        Designing teaching and testing materials

·        Conducting out of class English related activities as requested by WULI

·        Conducting projects for community service, i.e. Guest Speaker, English Camps, School Visits

·        Teaching English to B.A. English program students in assigned courses

·        Attaining to other university assignments as requested

Requirements:
• A completed application form, please send the scanned file in PDF
    (https://hr.wu.ac.th/JU/application%20_academic_en.pdf)
• Resume
• 2 Letters of Recommendation (with signatures)
• Academic Transcription (English translated version together with the non-English ones)
• Degree/Diploma (English translated version together with the non-English ones)
• Passport/ID Card
• Other document: TOEFL Test, Certificates, etc.

The closing date for applications is January 24, 2019

Please email your CV and soft copies of diploma, professional reference letters, transcripts and the first page of passport to [email protected]. Once we have received the documents, an interview via Skype will then be arranged.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a western accreditted Bachlor's in education specialized in teaching ESL... guess I wouldn't be qualified enough for them.

Then again... better to work teaching primary 20 periods a week for 50k than cleaning toilets for this uni...

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2019 at 10:09 AM, notagain said:

Pretty standard rates for uni teaching here (yeah way low) but all the xtra teaching responsibilities in the ad are ridiculous for that salary. I wonder if bathroom cleaning requirements were left out too.

Believe it or not. There are tons of native speakers willing to teach English at that salary because competition is stiff.

That's why they can pay at that salary.

On 8/19/2019 at 7:35 AM, EricTh said:

Believe it or not. There are tons of native speakers willing to teach English at that salary because competition is stiff.

Not with a Masters or Doctorate there isn't. 

On 7/15/2019 at 8:35 AM, LazySlipper said:

I have a western accreditted Bachlor's in education specialized in teaching ESL... guess I wouldn't be qualified enough for them.

Then again... better to work teaching primary 20 periods a week for 50k than cleaning toilets for this uni...

Even more if you were able to spell. ????

On 8/19/2019 at 7:35 AM, EricTh said:

Most of those willing to do the job for that salary prolly hav bogus degrees.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:09 AM, notagain said:

Pretty standard rates for uni teaching here (yeah way low) but all the xtra teaching responsibilities in the ad are ridiculous for that salary. I wonder if bathroom cleaning requirements were left out too.

and that goes some way to explain why Thai degrees are not worth anything outside of Thailand and not a whole lot inside .  

Archived