Chiang Mai and Pattaya ranked among the healthiest cities in the world: study

webfact

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, petedk said:

What is the definition of healthy?

I thought that the air pollution in Chiang Mai sometimes is so bad that health warnings are given.
Never mind....just go to the gym or one of the green spaces and all will be well.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A great majority of people out in the streets wear carbon filtered masks for weeks during the pollution season.  It helps filter out the pesticides in the smoke.

...wait...WHAT?

How healthy a city is, is determined by how many Spas and fitness centers there are?

I haven't read through all the posts, so I am aware that this may have been said before, but...

...:cheesy:...

Chiang Mai has health hazard alerts all the #$%^&*@ time, because the idiots up there burn everything from fields to forests to tire- piles!

Let's have some numbers on the water- quality in Pattaya!

Healthiest cities my behind!

4 hours ago, petedk said:

I thought that the air pollution in Chiang Mai sometimes is so bad that health warnings are given.

...but that is not the ordinary smog, it's herbal medicine and incense burned for the health and well being of the population. You may compare it to Grasse in southern France where they spray perfume on the streets. But to be honest, all I smell here is the usual propaganda.

This ranking is another proof how ratings are calculated by a machine and not by people. I use to live in Pattaya for 12 years and moved due to the following: 1) difficulty of walking or jogging outside due to ting-tong motorbike drivers & crumbling debris on sidewalks; 2) polluted bay which makes it unhealthy to swim in 3) poor polluted air in the city due to bumper to bumper buses and traffic 4) spas??? Good ones are expensive There are other cities in Thailand that would be healthier to live in ! ( Question: Why are there so many suicides in the city of Pattaya? I guess mental health does not count. 

Vegan food may be very trendy but hardly healthy.  After a hard gym work out not exactly what you want to for muscle and energy.  Whenever I glance into a vegan restaurant it seems full of pasty scrawny customers.

Same thing with spas.  May be relaxing and pleasant (the missus thinks so) but what are the health benefits.

6 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

145 restaurants with vegan options? ???? ???? I would not even trust their vegetarian offerings. I once saw a Thai company's frozen "vegetarian" pasta topped with two small slices of cooked ham. 

That's 145 ways to wreck your stomach with the dangerous pesticides used to grow most of the fruit and veg sold here.

9 hours ago, petedk said:

What is the definition of healthy?

Never mind....just go to the gym or one of the green spaces and all will be well.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Healthy in the survey's opinion is when you are a vegan, take a walk in some of the parks when the air is polluted 6 out of 12 in Chiang Mai and you be nice now and do your gym, Pilatus and yoga stuff.

I think this is a lot of bs narrow minded thinking. My thoughts for a bottle of Benmore.

What a joke 

how much they got paid for this??? 

Pattaya is a concrete jungle 

Pollution hanging in the air 

Burning garbish all the time 

Number one in road kills most of Thai food is unhealthy to eat 

Swimming in the sea is just stupid 

OK meaby if is about massage shop or sex I will agree with number 3

Never believe everything you read especially about Thailand 

4 hours ago, Wake Up said:

walk around Pattaya and you will see some guys in amazing shape. lots of people work out daily in Pattaya. Also lots do not but you have to admit some of the strongest guys around called Pattaya home.

The most beer belly's I have ever seen are in Pattaya City, and I live in JomTien.

4 hours ago, Wake Up said:

walk around Pattaya and you will see some guys in amazing shape. lots of people work out daily in Pattaya. Also lots do not but you have to admit some of the strongest guys around called Pattaya home.

Used to be popular with bodybuilders getting their roidrage on, not sure what the situation is these days.

Archived