BANGKOK 21 February 2019 12:20
webfact

Video: Rain blamed as pick-up driver ends up in the Chiang Mai moat

3 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, at least he did not blame it on breaks failure.

Nothing to do with speed either i don't suppose. all wet roads should be closed, especially when its raining.

• Haha 2

And seeing as how Thai's are some of the worlds best drivers, it could'nt possibly due to bad driving.

• Like 1

If the pick up was not damaged before the recovery team took action it certainly is now . Before they started I thought the crane was to near the vehicle , side ways on and could not see any outriggers . One point lift from the crane hook instead of a spreader beam that would not have damaged the car wings . Did they manage to recover the car ?

i  was  waiting  for  the  line  to  snap  beheading someone or  the  truck  topple  in  also, disappointed

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

What have in 26 min video???

any thing!!! Only stupid driver 

4 hours ago, seeyoujimmy said:

But he did blame it on something rather than he was not driving for the condition of the road. 

Exactly, nor did he say mea culpa!

5 hours ago, webfact said:

"I applied my brakes as normal," he told Sanook, "But it was slippery and I lost my rear end and ended up floating in the moat". 

I do hope that he finds his rear end again.

• Haha 1

Any excuse is better than none in LOS .Wouldn't work in the "West" the cops and people there are smarter then the average Thai/Bovine . 😲

• Like 1

Naughty naughty rain.

Imagine these clowns trying to drive in snow now that i would pay to watch..

6 hours ago, webfact said:

"I applied my brakes as normal," he told Sanook, "But it was slippery and I lost my rear end and ended up floating in the moat". 

Ooooh sure 

And what was you speed ? 

🤪😀🤣

The recovery truck was too close to the pick up , should of closed half or all the road and winched from further away , would of avoided destroying the tub anyway, but that will be back on the road in a week or two or perhaps sold to 1 lucky new owner.

15 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

This is a problem with pickup's real light in the rear end when unloaded,this happened to me a few years back,i took a corner a little to sharply,there was oil on the road,lost the rear end down the ditch i went.

Canadians are well trained in driving in adverse weather conditions - ice, blowing snow, freezing rain, snow packed and wet roads - it all boils down to untrained, inexperienced drivers!

• Like 1

An off topic post has been removed. 

A post using ALL CAPS has been removed, please turn off your Caps Lock when posting.