Video: Rain blamed as pick-up driver ends up in the Chiang Mai moat

webfact

16 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

This is a problem with pickup's real light in the rear end when unloaded,this happened to me a few years back,i took a corner a little to sharply,there was oil on the road,lost the rear end down the ditch i went.

So it was your fault due to taking the corner to sharply? I figure you're not Thai as you'd never have admitted blame

13 hours ago, wozza said:

The recovery truck was too close to the pick up , should of closed half or all the road and winched from further away , would of avoided destroying the tub anyway, but that will be back on the road in a week or two or perhaps sold to 1 lucky new owner.

.....should HAVE....would HAVE......

I'm quite sure most Thais don't realise the handling characteristics of an unloaded pickup are entirely different to that of a loaded one. Live rear axle and leaf springs in wet conditions, what could possibly go wrong?

Excessive speed and deficient driver skills, pure and simple.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

I applied my brakes as normal,

And therein lays the problem.... "I applied my brakes as normal" 

but the conditions weren't the same as normal !!!!!

Thais just don't get it... rain = a different set of driving skills and mentality !!

15 hours ago, wozza said:

The recovery truck was too close to the pick up , should of closed half or all the road and winched from further away , would of avoided destroying the tub anyway, but that will be back on the road in a week or two or perhaps sold to 1 lucky new owner.

found it........... no pompem

Archived