Krabi taxi driver fined after not using taxi meter

webfact

Krabi taxi driver fined after not using taxi meter

By The Thaiger

49566376_1358583794284429_19830072741042

PHOTOS: The Krabi PR Office

A taxi driver has been charged after he was found not using his taxi meter at Krabi International Airport yesterday (Tuesday).

The Chief of the Krabi Land Transport Office was notified by officers at the Krabi International Airport that a the taxi driver was found not to start his taxi meter and had the meter covered so the passenger couldn’t read it. The taxi driver used a piece of paper to cover the meter screen.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/krabi/krabi-taxi-driver-fined-after-not-using-taxi-meter

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-01-09

Taxi meter at Krabi airport? living here since 2011 never saw one and not only at the airport there are no Taxi meter at all in Krabi. (or maybe they just start the service a few days ago as I was in town on the 7th)

Come to Pattaya and watch similar antics. No meter used for Chinese  and Russian tourists. Just fork over 200 + baht, regardless of the distance. The same for songtaews acting as taxi cabs without proper licensing.

What a sorry example of impotent will by those entrusted to enforce the law 

" He has been fined 1,000 baht for his ‘error of judgment’. "

error of judgement ? no error, he knew exactly what he was doing,

and a small fine like that will do nothing to deter him and others

taking advantage of tourists,I think they will call it a business expense.

regards worgeordie

16 hours ago, MekkOne said:

Taxi meter at Krabi airport? living here since 2011 never saw one and not only at the airport there are no Taxi meter at all in Krabi. (or maybe they just start the service a few days ago as I was in town on the 7th)

They have been there for about a year or so.  Yellow and blue taxis, there are about 20 of them.

Archived