U.K.Visitor visa, document confusion.

Wonder if anyone can help. In the process of applying for a visitor visa for the wife. Filled the application form on online and submitted, appointment for Trendy made. 

On the UK visa site it says just download the application form for your own reference, no need to print.

On the Trendy site it says print the application form and bring it with you to the appointment. 

What is the correct procedure please?

Wonder if anyone can help. In the process of applying for a visitor visa for the wife. Filled the application form on online and submitted, appointment for Trendy made. 
On the UK visa site it says just download the application form for your own reference, no need to print.
On the Trendy site it says print the application form and bring it with you to the appointment. 
What is the correct procedure please?
Unless it's changed very recently, you need to print it off and bring it with you.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Unless it's changed very recently, you need to print it off and bring it with you.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

And print all pages, even the repeated and blank looking ones. One sided of course, use as much paper as possible !

Correct.

I was there on Monday with Mrs C. and things have changed a bit since my last visit.

You need to have your full application form, list of supporting documents, copies of all the supporting documents - no originals, except for her passport, of course, but take them with you just in case you need extra copies.

Do not sign the documents list until submitting it.

At the first desk (ground floor) she checks in and you will be directed to the elevator - unless you arrive too early and they won't check you in (I think it's OK to be 20 minutes early).

On the 28th floor, after security check, go to the UK desk and show your papers. She will be given a set of papers with bar codes - you have to separate the supporting documents into their categories, using the barcode separators.

Then she can go to the next desk, where all the papers are checked. There is a photocopy machine nearby in case something is missing (5 baht per sheet).

Once cleared at that desk, she is allowed into the main room where she will submit her application and get her photo and fingerprints taken

You will not be permitted to enter the main room, but can be by her side at every other stage. You can wait outside.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. New procedures (for us) a bit confusing - but the process was quite smooth and we were out by 4.10pm (3.00pm appointment on Monday).

I believe that you can cut out the need for the barcode separators by scanning/submitting the documents on the VFS website before the appointment.

When we submitted a few months ago,we did not print out the application form and it was not asked for.In addition,I think you can print out the barcode separators beforehand yourself to save any messing about when you are in Trendy.(perhaps someone can post the link).

Can you clarify where you saw this

"I believe that you can cut out the need for the barcode separators by scanning/submitting the documents on the VFS website before the appointment"

33 minutes ago, CeeGee said:

When we submitted a few months ago,we did not print out the application form and it was not asked for.In addition,I think you can print out the barcode separators beforehand yourself to save any messing about when you are in Trendy.(perhaps someone can post the link).

"I believe that you can cut out the need for the barcode separators by scanning/submitting the documents on the VFS website before the appointment"

I printed the barcode separators, god only knows where they go, and I have printed the application form just in case, 10 pages!!

Will let you know how it goes tommorow.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:09 PM, CeeGee said:

After completing the online application there is a choice to register with vfs. Once you have registered there is an option to scan documents in their different categories.

I didn't use it, so I can't say more about it.

Archived