Five Africans arrested with fake visas

snoop1130

1 hour ago, phitsanulokjohn said:

But fear not.BJ's gonna weed out all the bent ones soon.

Loves a bit of promotion does BJ.

Type  D , dodgy  visa ,  is big buisness  in LOS .

Another  sleepless  night ,  for  me. 555

Understand that you are living in a country that has a different opinion about foreigners than you would imagine.

No matter what you think - and the tiny percentage of locals that symphatize with you - you are what you are.

Visa fake - stamp fake - drivers license fake - passport fake - everything fake - including smiles - is not someone's imagination, it's a fact of life.

Once you understand this fact  - most don't because they are blinded by 'p' - you will see through the smog that engulfes you like the early morning haze in Krungtheb.

Understand that it may take you a while, and will cost you your fortune - in most cases.

If you come out unscathed you are one of the few in a million that managed to do so. The rest will bleed to the end and leave - or live like a beggar, still fancying the very thing that brought him to LOS.

Mind you, this observation stems not only from an individual with unknown background, it is available in form of hard copy.

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

LOL, just a few years ago you could get any visa you wanted without leaving the country.

The visa would come complete with entry and exit stamps to Thailand, usually from Malaysia or Cambodia border crossings.

You could get a Non-B multi one year for about 10,000thb back in 2002. Took about a month and you would never have to leave the country.

You didn't physically leave the country, but your passport left the country, got stamped out by an IO at the border, taken to an embassy / consulate, then back over the border, stamped back in and then back to you. This is the reason that it took a month.

17 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I would imagine there are plenty more, like him, dotted round the immigration offices around the country, and also in other positions of authority.

To eradicate corruption, you have to try and get rid of the lot, starting at the top !

There's a black market for visas

How got creamed here? The boys in black over a fake deal they did not know of or Somchai over a deal he knew of? 
Well, Khun Africa will be deported (if they are lucky) and Somchai is - for the moment - on inactive posting until the clouds have disappeared again......... 

And inasmuch as my inquiry went unanswered, the "plenty more like him" demonstrates the unfettered access to the country "if" you can pay. So what's the solution? Besides the obvious removal of corrupt individuals that leads to the over-staying or un-lawful entry to begin with, what is the solution?There are other "questionable" practices...furthering resident Visas....scrutiny over non-Thai marriages to native Thais...proof of foreign resident income....and on and on. What is the priority? Tourism? Falangs who spend money yet are looked down upon in general? Chinese tourists who have been known as tight wads contributing little to the Thai economy? What is the position of the Tourism Bureau and beyond that, are Falangs simply another source of revenue?

You see.....no matter what investment-hotels...restaurants..., etc. if it's not in an area where tourists feel safe and want to spend money, then it's a wash out. BKK already made the bone -head move to remove vendors from the "famous" street. I've come to the conclusion that the Thais in power- those who make the decisions -  are EXTREMELY lacking in common sense. Perhaps I or another person with with proper accumen could solicit consultation and to that I laugh and say good luck. Simple things are often turned into unnecessary blunders for lack of common sense. Since often there is no indication of common sense, then deflect to those possess it. If not, then you or anyone who lacks such will be once again trying to figure out what went wrong.

Often, it is the stubborn Thais who do not welcome advice nor open their limited cerebral processing. There are ways to fix things...you have to be open to those things as well as change. OR....you will remain stagnant.

18 hours ago, jackdd said:

This article is lacking crucial details to understand what happened.

Visas were forged? Documents were forged? If you can forge a visa, why would you need to forge documents? How can an IO inside Thailand issue a visa, that's done outside of Thailand?

An IO confessed to breaking the law, accepted bribes and "was temporarily dismissed", so next week back to work as usual?

The Nation should try to improve the quality of their articles

Genuine visas but the officier who stamped the visa took a bribe. There would have been no back up paperwork or forged paperwork to accomplish this, so technically the visa is not legal but a genuine stamp from immigration. 

Or overlooking immigrants from Mynamar, etc. whom the Thais love to take advantage of. Hypocrisy abounds  and of course those who take advantage are NOT scrutinized. Those who basically employ "servants", yet are not under the scrutiny  such as black people. Again...dopes in power  result in dopey actions...dopey and sudden directives (thanks presiding army control), and dopey everything.

So you decide - as other countries do to what ever extent,  whether you want 'dopes" in power- no matter what capacity OR you feel like you're living in China. Thailand- although attempting to emulate Western philosophy will NEVER get it... So inasmuch as I respect the country, it  has a long way to go...

4 hours ago, thaichiro said:

What part of “under investigation” escapes your fevered mind? You don’t shame someone until you can be certain of the facts.

"You don’t shame someone until you can be certain of the facts."

Do you really want the total disappearance of TV?

No? 

So pay more attention to what you say :biggrin:

This has allways gone on we use to pay a Thai official 10 000 Baht for yearly visas as we never had enough funds to prove we could fund our self's for a year she would pick our passports up and they would be returned a few hours later with a proper year visa in. Last time she got one for me she came to a restaurant I was staying at emptied her bag to look for my passport. She made 2 piles of passports as she searched for mine each pile was certainly over one foot high. She did this in public and did not seem bothered if any law officers saw what she had. With my dodgy Visas I've been stopped many times by the police and imagratoin passport check and every thing OK. 

19 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I would imagine there are plenty more, like him, dotted round the immigration offices around the country, and also in other positions of authority.

To eradicate corruption, you have to try and get rid of the lot, starting at the top !

There are also "agents" who will get European visas for your wife/GF for a "fee". They're passing money under the table to these kinds of people.

Quite common knowledge I think, and it ain't just black Africans involved.

Obviously different issues over and above the story itself. You either disagree  with Visa (ad passport manipulation0, or you're at the mercy of the Thai police...and again- how ironic.the motion picture could disprozhopetooe n2

19 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

So they can name and shame the foreigners but can't name the Police Senior Sergeant Major at the bureau, who reportedly confessed to stamping the forged documents for the suspects in exchange for a payment of Bt5,000 per head? Which is the more serious crime?

What's more than that, the Africans were ARRESTED...

But the Immigration officer who was taking payoffs to stamp improper visas was NOT arrested... (dismissed and under investigation, but not arrested, even after confessing to taking payoffs).

Wanna explain that one, BJ?  Whatever happened to your "no tips" policy???

39 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:
On 1/9/2019 at 5:47 PM, jackdd said:

How can an IO inside Thailand issue a visa, that's done outside of Thailand?

Visa on arrival?

Immigration can issue visas within Thailand.

Either a change of visa, or change from 30 day visa waiver to issue a visa.

On 1/9/2019 at 5:41 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Thailand has absolutely zero intention of eradicating corruption as this is the bread and butter of their hi-so economy. This is all for show. TAT just trying to look good before the election. After election ( assuming one is heald which is extremely unlikely ) it will go back to business as usual. Notice how they’re targeting Africans? It would look really bad if the headline read “5 Australians arrested”. Africans are an easy target despite the fact that there are far more Australian illegals here, many of whom are major drug lords in hiding that have fled Australia to Thailand. Extradition from Thailand to Aus does occasionally happen but the policy is weak at best. Just saying, this is all for show. Would not be surprised if these 5 Africans have already been released and allowed back on the streets. 

Archived