Trump says to halt aid to California wildfire victims, but law says he can't

webfact

On 1/10/2019 at 3:05 AM, Katia said:

He tends to fire off knee-jerk tweets about whatever thoughts come to his mind (and then sometimes has to go back on them).  It's merely annoying when it's your self-centered cousin who does it, but it's downright unprofessional (among other things) as a president (or really, in official capacity for any sort of job, I don't care if you're a paper boy).  I doubt his advisors heard anything about it until it came out on Twitter...

What frightens me is his fingers are only inches from the Nuke Button.

I have lived in California, and I tend to agree with Trump on this point. Fires happen in these areas in California almost every year. Yet the people there continue to build houses that are in no way fire resistant (e.g., made from wood instead of concrete and metal). Nor are adequate fire breaks maintained around houses or housing developments in these areas, as this would require the home owner or developer to purchase more land required for the firebreak area (State Forestry Service won't do it) and removing the trees for the firebreak would diminish the natural beauty of the land around the houses and make them more visible from the road. Granted, people build their houses on the southern/eastern coast of the US, which make them prone to damage from hurricanes/tropical storms, but you can't do anything to prevent such storms which can cause flooding hundreds of miles inland.

Archived