Russian woman's parking rant - Pattaya police say she was in the wrong not them

webfact

Russian woman's parking rant - Pattaya police say she was in the wrong not them

1pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Pattaya traffic cops have responded to a Russian woman after she went online to complain about a parking ticket.

Valeriya Finogenova went on Facebook to say that when she parked in Theppraya Road there was no sign indicating that she could not park there. 

But when she came back they had painted the curb red and white and she had been issued with a ticket. 

And the paint was still wet!

Thai Rath online said that the Russian provided "evidence" of her claims showing before and after pictures. 

But Pattaya police hit back. 

Local traffic chief Arut Sathanon said she was not allowed to park there in the first place. 

The markings may not have been clear but it was a no parking zone. 

Officials were in the area painting all manner of things, said Thai Rath, quoting local officials as saying that the traffic in Pattaya was really bad and they had to make sure that no parking zones were being followed to ensure good traffic flow at the resort. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-10

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

The markings may not have been clear but it was a no parking zone. 

High end Thai logic .. 

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

But when she came back they had painted the curb red and white and she had been issued with a ticket. 

And the paint was still wet!

You gotta have some understanding of her anger if thats what's happened .. And not a new trick that one some Brit' parking authorities are renowned for the same sort of thing .. 

Poor lady.

Similar happened to me in the UK. I would not pay the fine and I won the court case. These authorities still don't know that it is their responsibility to protect people rather than rip them off.

She will just have to suck it up. Thai "face loss" prevents any recognition of her claim for unreasonable treatment. Anyway her money is already in the RTP distribution system and has probably already been spent.

Her annoyance is justified....  Media and social medial will enjoy rubbing the Thai Police's noses in it on this one...  once critical mass has been reached we will see a little back-pedaling...  a photo of the Russian lady and an officer offering her a basked of Birds, smiles all round and some juvenile face saving excuse such as the Police Officer who issued her the ticket was new etc... 

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

High end Thai logic .. 

You gotta have some understanding of her anger if thats what's happened .. And not a new trick that one some Brit' parking authorities are renowned for the same sort of thing .. 

Can you supply the references to where this has happened in the UK please?

Going back to 2012 - that section of curb never had the red/white markings on it (on that side of the road). There was a stretch of markings right on the corner, then nothing until just before the next little soi. It is pretty evident that it wasn't even a case of the markings being faded as they were not even slightly visible 6 years ago.

The solid white line marks the edge of the lane. I see that line on almost every street that has a curb (whether or not there are red/white markings as well).

It clearly looks like the markings were painted and then someone came along minutes later and wrote the tickets. As the woman noted though - they could have been warning tickets as she says there was no amount (of a fine) noted.

So she maybe should have asked someone what the ticket actually said before flying off the handle about it. 

Poor lady.

Similar happened to me in the UK. I would not pay the fine and I won the court case. These authorities still don't know that it is their responsibility to protect people rather than rip them off.
Was this to do with double yellow lines or signage?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

How much is the fine? Pay it move on both figuratively and literally. 

Before people say it is the principle of the thing, it’s not just another tight arse foreigner not wanting to part with their cash thinking they are smarter than the Thais. 

In short don’t like how things are fine in Thailand f u c k back of to that depressing place called Russia,  

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Can you supply the references to where this has happened in the UK please?

There are no parking zones all over the place, they have a relatively small sign when you enter the zone then no more warnings in the form of either signs or road markings. If a large vehicle obstructs your view (of said sign) as you enter the zone it's easy to come unstuck - as I did in Upminster about twenty five years ago.

I just remembered, I once parked in a car park at Milton Keynes railway station, carefully checking the signs before I headed to the staion. This was on a weekend and the signs said fees applay Monday to Friday. When I returned to my car there was a ticket on every car and the signs had been changed to show charging seven days a week. I didn't pay and didn't hear any more from them.

Good to see that the authorities are re-painting no parking zones, including zebra crossing. 
Sour grapes by the lady!
Zebra crossing [emoji33] death traps in Thailand
totally and absolutely not fit for purpose here...they only give pedestrians a very dangerous false sense of security.

That is how social media works this days. I actually know the woman, she is real estate owner/agent.

she did not really rant, just made a post , post got shared 1500 times and here is the end result .

moral of the story is he careful what you post on your FB as it may come back to bite you on the backside ????

28 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

whats a ticket cost? 100 baht? if shes hot, Ill pay it.

Awful lot of bandwidth for $3.

And I hate meter maids, except for Lovely Rita.

I think it’s 500-1000. She said immidiately after painting finished, cops showed up issuing tickets. Paint has not even dried yet

7 minutes ago, BestB said:

I think it’s 500-1000. She said immidiately after painting finished, cops showed up issuing tickets. Paint has not even dried yet

Awful lot of bandwith for $9.

Got a pic of her?

This happened to a mate of mine who parked outside a doctor's surgery in Stoke. When he came out they had painted double yellow lines along the road (apart from where his car was parked, of course) and he had a parking ticket. He was incensed.

He took the matter to magistrate's court and the verdict was in his favour.

Archived