BANGKOK 21 February 2019 04:12
webfact

Russian woman's parking rant - Pattaya police say she was in the wrong not them

Russian woman's parking rant - Pattaya police say she was in the wrong not them

1pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Pattaya traffic cops have responded to a Russian woman after she went online to complain about a parking ticket.

Valeriya Finogenova went on Facebook to say that when she parked in Theppraya Road there was no sign indicating that she could not park there. 

But when she came back they had painted the curb red and white and she had been issued with a ticket. 

And the paint was still wet!

Thai Rath online said that the Russian provided "evidence" of her claims showing before and after pictures. 

But Pattaya police hit back. 

Local traffic chief Arut Sathanon said she was not allowed to park there in the first place. 

The markings may not have been clear but it was a no parking zone. 

Officials were in the area painting all manner of things, said Thai Rath, quoting local officials as saying that the traffic in Pattaya was really bad and they had to make sure that no parking zones were being followed to ensure good traffic flow at the resort. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-10

Top police duty in Pattaya ''meter maids ''....

She will just have to suck it up. Thai "face loss" prevents any recognition of her claim for unreasonable treatment. Anyway her money is already in the RTP distribution system and has probably already been spent.

• Like 2

Going back to 2012 - that section of curb never had the red/white markings on it (on that side of the road). There was a stretch of markings right on the corner, then nothing until just before the next little soi. It is pretty evident that it wasn't even a case of the markings being faded as they were not even slightly visible 6 years ago.

The solid white line marks the edge of the lane. I see that line on almost every street that has a curb (whether or not there are red/white markings as well).

It clearly looks like the markings were painted and then someone came along minutes later and wrote the tickets. As the woman noted though - they could have been warning tickets as she says there was no amount (of a fine) noted.

So she maybe should have asked someone what the ticket actually said before flying off the handle about it. 

• Like 2

Naturally foreigners are always wrong because Thai people know better !

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

She park wrong so pay your bill 

But same time Thai people park everywhere do they get fined just look of taxi no meter they always park illegal in jomtien 

• Thanks 1

Poor lady.

Similar happened to me in the UK. I would not pay the fine and I won the court case. These authorities still don't know that it is their responsibility to protect people rather than rip them off.
Was this to do with double yellow lines or signage?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app