Russian woman's parking rant - Pattaya police say she was in the wrong not them

webfact

12 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Poor lady.

Similar happened to me in the UK. I would not pay the fine and I won the court case. These authorities still don't know that it is their responsibility to protect people rather than rip them off.

I got a parking ticket in Oakland California, and went to small claims court to contest it. The writing on the "No Parking" sign had completely disintegrated and I won the case ! A month later the same thing happened, I won the case but the judge said "That,s the last time you win" ! At least they have a sense of fairness and humour ????

This happened to a mate of mine who parked outside a doctor's surgery in Stoke. When he came out they had painted double yellow lines along the road (apart from where his car was parked, of course) and he had a parking ticket. He was incensed.
He took the matter to magistrate's court and the verdict was in his favour.
If they were installing new doubles and they could not complete the lines with an end tab, this is a short line at 90 degrees from the kerb, then the lines are not complete and not legal.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Her annoyance is justified....  Media and social medial will enjoy rubbing the Thai Police's noses in it on this one...  once critical mass has been reached we will see a little back-pedaling...  a photo of the Russian lady and an officer offering her a basked of Birds, smiles all round and some juvenile face saving excuse such as the Police Officer who issued her the ticket was new etc... 

shortly followed by 2 million baht being returned to a Russian who had accidentally left the money after purchasing "gai torte" for 30 baht from a street vendor, who quick wittedly handed it to a taxi driver who chased them down the road, he got stuck in a traffic jam so thoughtfully handed it to a "win taxi" who managed to catch up with them !!!

Smiles all round.

Archived