buying new notebook and install ssd and ram later

72BKK

3 hours ago, Pib said:
4 hours ago, 72BKK said:
thanks for the explanation
i am definitely an average user
so basically I won't be able to add a faster ssd right? i mean, i could add it but without reaching its full potential....

Using a PCIe x2 connection will max out around 2000MB speed. No use buying a M.2 PCI SSD speed spec faster than that as most PCI SSDs can do approx 2000MB speed no problem. Buying a M.2 PCI SSD that has 3500MB speed would effectively be throttled to 2000MB speed on a PCIe x2 connection.

about the transfer speed...it's a bit disappointing to know i won't be able to add a faster sdd in the future in case i'll have that need. 

I'll see if there is another option but honestly i was thinking to buy one of these new zenbooks, cause i need a new laptop in a couple of weeks. I just waiting to see the 15.6" model that should be available for sale in few days to decide if it's better to opt for a smaller screen one like suggested by Sheuwang.

Like you said Pib: i'll never find the one laptop with all the specs i need for the price i want to pay. And it's time to choose one so i guess there is no time for evaluating too many new options. Maybe I could take another look at the Lenovo notebooks and see if i can find something with Lenovo

by the way thanks for the tips Pib, very helpful and instructive????

it's nice to see someone who wants to help and doesn't reply anything like "I won't waste my time for you cause i am on holiday" or 'I am not your mama" lol like that british pal

really thanks to all of you for the help????

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, 72BKK said:

about the transfer speed...it's a bit disappointing to know i won't be able to add a faster sdd in the future in case i'll have that need. 

I'll see if there is another option but honestly i was thinking to buy one of these new zenbooks, cause i need a new laptop in a couple of weeks. I just waiting to see the 15.6" model that should be available for sale in few days to decide if it's better to opt for a smaller screen one like suggested by Sheuwang.

Like you said Pib: i'll never find the one laptop with all the specs i need for the price i want to pay. And it's time to choose one so i guess there is no time for evaluating too many new options. Maybe I could take another look at the Lenovo notebooks and see if i can find something with Lenovo

by the way thanks for the tips Pib, very helpful and instructive????

it's nice to see someone who wants to help and doesn't reply anything like "I won't waste my time for you cause i am on holiday" or 'I am not your mama" lol like that british pal

really thanks to all of you for the help????

What an ungrateful thing.

If you cannot appreciate that someone doesn't want to spend hours of a two week holiday looking for a laptop for you, then you are clearly just a selfish person.

Seems that you are quick to forget I was the first to tell you about (PCIe® 3.0 x2 SSD, as opposed to PCIe® 3.0 x4 SSD) and have probably made more posts on your thread than anyone else.

I now certainly wish nothing good for you.

Archived