Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 07:58
webfact

Britain's Hammond says no-deal Brexit would harm its people

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

What consequences?

How do you know?

I don't know that soon a beautiful woman won't be banging on my bedroom door demanding uncomplicated sex.

I don't know if Mrs baboon would mind too much if I knock her about a bit.

I don't know that the earth isn't flat.

However I won't be taking the gamble on my being wrong.

So this is it, now? Support Brexit because you don't know for sure that it will be a catastrophe? Forget that bit about the extra NHS money? Forget that 'Easiest deal in history'? Forget the "No downside"? Forget that Brexiteers weren't exactly scrambling for the PM's job? Forget that they aren't even trying to send a consistent message anymore?

There are plentiful reasons to resent the EU. But given the shysters in the UK and what passes for their objections, I'll stay in, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

It would indeed be against the best interests of the British people to leave without a deal or leave at all as many more now seem to think.

But it certainly isn't in their best interests to leave with a crap deal that even most of the Tory party don't want.

May and he ramshackle third rate cabinet keep flogging this dead horse and apparently have no clue what they'll do when they're defeated in parliament.

They've ran the clock down deliberately to frustrate alternatives and try and force acceptance of this piss-poor deal. 

The only sensible decision is to withdraw Article 50, and put it to the people either in a referendum or General Election. But they are much to selfish, arrogant and stupid to do that.

What is worse is they are letting Corbyn in the back door...

1 hour ago, Nigel Garvie said:

12 hours ago,  Baerboxer said: 

It would indeed be against the best interests of the British people to leave without a deal or leave at all as many more now seem to think.

But it certainly isn't in their best interests to leave with a crap deal that even most of the Tory party don't want.

May and he ramshackle third rate cabinet keep flogging this dead horse and apparently have no clue what they'll do when they're defeated in parliament.

They've ran the clock down deliberately to frustrate alternatives and try and force acceptance of this piss-poor deal. 

The only sensible decision is to withdraw Article 50, and put it to the people either in a referendum or General Election. But they are much to selfish, arrogant and stupid to do that.

Basil B   "What is worse is they are letting Corbyn in the back door..."

I really don't think you should worry, Corbyn isn't going to win any election, middle England - as instructed by the Tory Tabloids - won't vote for him. Further if he forces his party to go into an election on a pro Brexit platform he will get totally destroyed. I used to support the LP till Scotland found a decent alternative, but Corbyn is an electoral liability, even his young supporters are beginning to get pissed off by him.

Your definitely wrong on one point. The Labour Party have made a monumental mistake in leaning towards a remain policy, in complete contrast to the majority of Labour voters.

What will be interesting to see, is in the event of a G.E. will Labour supporters put their loyalty to Labour,over their desire to leave the E.u.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, baboon said:

I don't know that soon a beautiful woman won't be banging on my bedroom door demanding uncomplicated sex.

I don't know if Mrs baboon would mind too much if I knock her about a bit.

I don't know that the earth isn't flat.

1. I've had happen plenty of times.

2. She's probably had a few beatings before, and could manage a few more.

3. You're probably right.

So wrong 2 out of 3, that doesn't say much for your remainer views.

All this talk about wanting to remain, and not a word of the rioting in France anywhere.

(Alleged) D notice on reporting in the UK.

There's some serious 'Brexit' manipulation of the news.

France is burning, but Remaining is all that counts to the British government.

https://www.facebook.com/NyeBevanNews/videos/606534989797044/UzpfSTY1MjAzOTgzMjoxMDE1NjMzNTU0NTU2OTgzMw/

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What consequences?

How do you know?

Project fear is in full flood with more and more BS.

You mean the fear mongering that was used by the pro-brexit campaign, with nothing but utter BS?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Basil B said:

What is worse is they are letting Corbyn in the back door...

He couldn't possibly be worse than May.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

All this talk about wanting to remain, and not a word of the rioting in France anywhere.

(Alleged) D notice on reporting in the UK.

There's some serious 'Brexit' manipulation of the news.

France is burning, but Remaining is all that counts to the British government.

https://www.facebook.com/NyeBevanNews/videos/606534989797044/UzpfSTY1MjAzOTgzMjoxMDE1NjMzNTU0NTU2OTgzMw/

Those French can get a bit emotional. Local folklore, don't worry too much about it, it is not like 1789.

12 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Those French can get a bit emotional. Local folklore, don't worry too much about it, it is not like 1789.

More like 1984 though.

• Like 1

I am still waiting for a Brexiteer to come and explain, in some detail, how the UK will be better off after Brexit. And i mean Economically, not 'we will get control back'. We never had control, ever. A few elected idiots have some, but they rarely have any more sense than the man in the street anyway. Last 2 years have proved that, ministers with no knowledge of their jobs having rings run around them by EU bureaucrats.

To paraphrase Churchill, The EU is the worst form of trade association, except for all the others!

If a car breaks down on an unknown road, you have 2 choices, fix it or walk off into the unknown ......

6 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

He couldn't possibly be worse than May.

Well thanks to the remoaners, it’s possible that we will soon find out.

7 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Well thanks to the remoaners, it’s possible that we will soon find out.

Why do you keep on calling the UK people who wish to remain within EU by such an ugly and dismissive name as "remoaners"? 

• Like 1