Britain's Hammond says no-deal Brexit would harm its people

webfact

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

You still don't seem to understand this crucial point. You choose an MP who you believe will act in your best interest. That may not be what you say. Think about that. Please. I'm not saying it is right or wrong but that is how the system is designed to work.

Taken to the limit you indicate that we should vote directly on everything. Easily achieved technically. I am happy to appoint someone to act on my behalf who has all the resources and back up to take sensible decisions; a bit like a company director.

You misunderstand.  I gave up on voting after voting for Blair first time round....

It became too obvious that all the parties were the same, and none worth voting for ☹️.

And don't even start me on politicians able to make sensible decisions that benefit anyone other than the wealthiest in society!

Even worse to talk about company directors!  I spent many years making reports for the directors of an International company board - and know very well that they know bugger all about the business, and the monthly meetings are easily side-tracked (when desired by the company executives) by making an agenda item their various expenses....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

You misunderstand.  I gave up on voting after voting for Blair first time round....

It became too obvious that all the parties were the same, and none worth voting for ☹️.

And don't even start me on politicians able to make sensible decisions that benefit anyone other than the wealthiest in society!

Even worse to talk about company directors!  I spent many years making reports for the directors of an International company board - and know very well that they know bugger all about the business, and the monthly meetings are easily side-tracked (when desired by the company executives) by making an agenda item their various expenses....

You sound rather nihilistic today. Have a beer!

14 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You sound rather nihilistic today. Have a beer!

????

Not so much nihilistic, rather tired and fed up - not to mention already a bit pissed.....

But I'm not lying, I spent many years preparing reports for the GHO board of a very large international company - and so know that they are made up of 'old boys' that nearly always believe everything they are told as they have no idea - and are far more interested in their own perks than anything else.....

Edit - Exactly the type of job to which ex-MPs aspire....

Archived