Jump to content
New Hosting Read more... ×
BANGKOK 20 January 2019 03:53
at15

skin color question

Recommended Posts

which province would have darker skin on average. Sakon Nakhon vs Ubon Ratchathani. 

 

I thought Ubon, but people are telling me Sakon because of some Khmer influence. Where as Ubon is all Lao influence with lighter skin.

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why is it of any significance?

 

 

 

research purposes. dont bring racism into this. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, at15 said:

which province would have darker skin on average. Sakon Nakhon vs Ubon Ratchathani. 

a thousand years ago the closer you got to china the whiter the skin. Now it is not so easy to tell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sakon Nakorn, Khmer influence???? No. Lao and a very large contingent of descendants of Vietnamese immigrants.

 

Khmer influence mainly in Sissakhet, Surin, Buriram and SaKeaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Sakon Nakorn, Khmer influence???? No. Lao and a very large contingent of descendants of Vietnamese immigrants.

 

Khmer influence mainly in Sissakhet, Surin, Buriram and SaKeaw.

of course we know the three Khmer provinces are sisaket , surin, buriram. but that doesnt mean there is zero khmer elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, at15 said:

of course we know the three Khmer provinces are sisaket , surin, buriram. but that doesnt mean there is zero khmer elsewhere. 

I didn't say there wasn't. I did, however, point out that the influences of Sakon Nakorn are Laos and Vietnamese. Unlikely to have Khmer influence due to it's geographic location. Ubon would be more likely to have Khmer influence than Sakorn.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uhh the one with the most sun? Ok that was my smartass answer for the day. OP make it an adventure and go check it out. ...

 

long ago driving along with an elderly colleague on sales call

he said look at that colored man.. I said what color is that colored man... He never said it again. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sakon and ubon were both important khmer empires way back when but maybe everything fell by the wayside when lao took over. if anyone has historical data about the migration patterns it would be appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 9, 2019 at 11:13 PM, youreavinalaff said:

I didn't say there wasn't. I did, however, point out that the influences of Sakon Nakorn are Laos and Vietnamese. Unlikely to have Khmer influence due to it's geographic location. Ubon would be more likely to have Khmer influence than Sakorn.

This says you need to go back further.

 

http://www.minmaxtravel.com/travel-guide/thailand/regions-in-thailand/north-east-thailand/sakon-nakhon/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×