skin color question

at15

which province would have darker skin on average. Sakon Nakhon vs Ubon Ratchathani. 

I thought Ubon, but people are telling me Sakon because of some Khmer influence. Where as Ubon is all Lao influence with lighter skin.

28 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Sakon Nakorn, Khmer influence???? No. Lao and a very large contingent of descendants of Vietnamese immigrants.

Khmer influence mainly in Sissakhet, Surin, Buriram and SaKeaw.

of course we know the three Khmer provinces are sisaket , surin, buriram. but that doesnt mean there is zero khmer elsewhere. 

42 minutes ago, at15 said:

of course we know the three Khmer provinces are sisaket , surin, buriram. but that doesnt mean there is zero khmer elsewhere. 

I didn't say there wasn't. I did, however, point out that the influences of Sakon Nakorn are Laos and Vietnamese. Unlikely to have Khmer influence due to it's geographic location. Ubon would be more likely to have Khmer influence than Sakorn.

Uhh the one with the most sun? Ok that was my smartass answer for the day. OP make it an adventure and go check it out. ...

long ago driving along with an elderly colleague on sales call

he said look at that colored man.. I said what color is that colored man... He never said it again. 

sakon and ubon were both important khmer empires way back when but maybe everything fell by the wayside when lao took over. if anyone has historical data about the migration patterns it would be appreciated. 

On January 9, 2019 at 11:13 PM, youreavinalaff said:

I didn't say there wasn't. I did, however, point out that the influences of Sakon Nakorn are Laos and Vietnamese. Unlikely to have Khmer influence due to it's geographic location. Ubon would be more likely to have Khmer influence than Sakorn.

This says you need to go back further.

http://www.minmaxtravel.com/travel-guide/thailand/regions-in-thailand/north-east-thailand/sakon-nakhon/

Archived