Video: Woman driver and boy in lucky escape as they hurtle into gas station

webfact

Video: Woman driver and boy in lucky escape as they hurtle into gas station

3pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CCTV footage from Ayuthaya showed the moment a Mazda car driven by a Thai woman crashed through a gas station fence and wound up inches from colliding with petrol pumps. 

The accident happened around 7.30 am Wednesday at the Esso service station in Bang Ban district.

The black Mazda with Bangkok plates hurtled through a fence used to seal off the gas station before colliding with a pile of water bottles that are given away to customers filling up.

Driver Chalisa Suwankham, 38, and a boy in the car by the name of Kittichai Bunyata suffered only minor injuries and were taken to Phra Nakorn Sri Ayuthaya Hospital. 

Fire crews doused the gas station area in water amid fears there might be a fire. 

Owner of the gas station Malai Lertlikhitrat, 72, said she didn't see the accident but mentioned that her staff had heard the sound of braking on the road before the car crashed. 

She said it was very lucky that the car had not hit the gas pumps as there could have been an explosion making things much worse. 

Local police are investigating and will interview the driver again to try to determine what happened. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-10

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

Owner of the gas station Malai Lertlikhitrat, 72, said she didn't see the accident but mentioned that her staff had heard the sound of braking on the road before the car crashed

Sound of braking?  I think they probably heard some squealing tyres but surly the brakes must have failed.  

It seems to me she seen the gas station too late ,but wanted to fill up,

and going way too fast could not control the turn,but i expect she will

say the accelerator stuck,put foot on accelerator instead of the brake !

regards Worgeordie

Archived